Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model Y, tesla forgot to install type c ports in the center console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took my delivery yesterday.
They forgot to install type c ports in my center console, wireless charging also doesn't work.
Kinda hard to believe this...

Is there anyone else here having the same situation?

They forgot to install type c ports in my center console, wireless charging also doesn't work.

What phone are you trying? You are looking for the USB ports on the center console on the back side right?

They made an announcement either late last night or today that a few cars, Model 3's in particular, they are short on type c port chips and that affects wireless charging as well. Once they have them in stock they intend to retrofit any that are missing them as a free service. It sucks and they should have given advanced notice, but oh well. You'll probably have them retrofitted in within 1-2 months.

They made an announcement either late last night or today that a few cars, Model 3's in particular, they are short on type c port chips and that affects wireless charging as well. Once they have them in stock they intend to retrofit any that are missing them as a free service. It sucks and they should have given advanced notice, but oh well. You'll probably have them retrofitted in within 1-2 months.
wth, they do it after delivery? lol, that makes sense and doesnt make sense...

where did they announce this?

As a former model 3 owner (sold 3 days ago), with a new one on order - I can say this will be a complete fuster cluck. selling cars - knowing they all will be back to the service center at some point. Anyone who has dealt with the service center will understand.

Public announcement?

Tesla has been doing this for years. The only one of my Teslas that was actually complete during delivery was my ‘17 MX. My most recent was a ‘21 MY in February. It was missing the rear cargo floors due to lack of supply and a rear headrest had a blatant manufacturing flaw. It took 6 mos to get it fixed.

This helps Fremont get vehicles away from their doors while overburdening Service Centers and pissing off customers. A terrible customer service model but Wall Street doesn’t care.

Tesla has been doing this for years. The only one of my Teslas that was actually complete during delivery was my ‘17 MX. My most recent was a ‘21 MY in February. It was missing the rear cargo floors due to lack of supply and a rear headrest had a blatant manufacturing flaw. It took 6 mos to get it fixed.

This helps Fremont get vehicles away from their doors while overburdening Service Centers and pissing off customers. A terrible customer service model but Wall Street doesn’t care.
The only way to stop this is for people stop buying Teslas. As we see that’s not happening.