Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model Y - USB Data Ports - USB-A Glovebox Only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed mine, works fine so far. As noted by others, the hardest part was using that damn tool to pry the cover off.

Anyone know what the actual difference between the Ryzen and Atom hubs are? Seems like the connections are the same

No, I wasn't able to get the 8bitdo wireless adapter to function with Tesla Arcade and I had it paired to a 8bitdo Pro 2 controller. However, I did find that these controllers, which I used on my previous Model 3 work flawlessly

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MBF7FN1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GC3F5F5/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A3G5L1TZBXW2I3&th=1

They pair to a simple 2.4Ghz usb dongle. In my testing, I was able to play all of the games in the Tesla Arcade without issue using these controllers.

I recently ordered a pair of Jowua controllers and will be testing it with their glove box dashcam hub which they recently brought to market.

3 Port USB Dashcam Hub

I, too, am also in search of an OEM module with data compatibility and capability. Hopefully, if the Jowua glove box hub works out I will be able to use that in concert with or until I located a OEM module.
So...I finally installed the original module and have some insight on what the problem might be with the TParts module. I emailed @TPARTS and sent them a message here to see what they say prior to releasing that information here. They're a small business and worked hard to bring something to the market that many of us want and need.

@silent06 I was finally able to get the 8bitdo adapter to work with my JEDA HUB installed. I haven't tested it out with an Xbox One controller since I only have Xbox Series X controllers but it did work with a Switch controller. But, I'll be clear, it did not work on the TParts module and only worked with the OEM module.

So...I finally installed the original module and have some insight on what the problem might be with the TParts module. I emailed @TPARTS and sent them a message here to see what they say prior to releasing that information here. They're a small business and worked hard to bring something to the market that many of us want and need.

@silent06 I was finally able to get the 8bitdo adapter to work with my JEDA HUB installed. I haven't tested it out with an Xbox One controller since I only have Xbox Series X controllers but it did work with a Switch controller. But, I'll be clear, it did not work on the TParts module and only worked with the OEM module.
Alright, I finally heard back from TParts. They're a very kind team and are working hard to make sure the product gets in people's hands asap.

I noticed that the pins on the TParts module were shorter than the pins on the OEM module. @silent06 this is probably why you're having a problem with the module when the felt cover is attached. The pins are just slightly too short and don't make contact with hubs. It WORKS, don't get me wrong. It'll work if you're using a single USB or a HUB with longer pins but it doesn't seem to work universally. I tested out the OEM module and the expensive JEDA hub I own worked along with the 8bitdo adapter (which mind you didn't with the TParts module). All that being said, I do think TParts made a really good product that will help MOST people. I'm also under the assumption that this issue is not universal and only some modules have this issue (per TParts).

I hope this helps everyone out.

Reactions: TESPLUS
I got my TPARTS order today for the data module for Ryzen and everything works! Game controller can now be connected to the center console.

Only sad part was that I didn’t get the camera privacy cover like some others.
Yeah that was interesting to see others had received those. I also ordered two sets of those front seat track covers along with the usb module and did not get that little bonus (not too sure if I would have even used it but maybe). Enjoy your controller though!

I installed my module today. Controllers work seamlessly as others had but my hub does not have any data transmission when plugged in like others have experienced. However, charging does still work.
Shoot. I’m installing mine now. Hope is not a Plan.
Removing the cover is insanely tight for a trim piece.
Maybe if I get bored I’ll seek out a #1755200-00-B.
Thanks.

For anyone looking for a USB hub, I can confirm the Topfit USB hub works with the TPARTS data module. Have Ryzen MCU.

Amazon link: Amazon.com
I got a similar USB hub which also works with the TPARTS module (Ryzen version). There are several different brands of hubs which all appear about the same. The one I got is currently cheaper at $30 (after clicking on a 10% off box). But Amazon prices frequently change.

Another choice

Based on the comments about the fit of the TPARTS module, I wiggled the connector a bit for the hub's connection to the two USB C ports in the console. Just moving the connector a tiny bit made the hub stop working. So I tend to agree the TPARTS module might be a bit short with the USB C connectors. I also wonder if there is something we could grind down a bit to get a better connection? I don't want to take my console apart again, but I wonder if it could be made to press closer to the back of console where the two USB C ports are?

Anyway, the $30 USB hub connects firmly enough that I don't think it will come loose unless someone accidently hits the connector.

I got a similar USB hub which also works with the TPARTS module (Ryzen version). There are several different brands of hubs which all appear about the same. The one I got is currently cheaper at $30 (after clicking on a 10% off box). But Amazon prices frequently change.

Another choice

Based on the comments about the fit of the TPARTS module, I wiggled the connector a bit for the hub's connection to the two USB C ports in the console. Just moving the connector a tiny bit made the hub stop working. So I tend to agree the TPARTS module might be a bit short with the USB C connectors. I also wonder if there is something we could grind down a bit to get a better connection? I don't want to take my console apart again, but I wonder if it could be made to press closer to the back of console where the two USB C ports are?

Anyway, the $30 USB hub connects firmly enough that I don't think it will come loose unless someone accidently hits the connector.
I had somewhat of a similar experience. Purchased two similar ones to test out and noticed one considerably shorter than the other.

This one, Moyoon, was way too short to even reach the USB-C connectors whereas the Topfit had enough slack and a solid connection. It also had little rubber feet on the sides to keep the hub from sliding which was a nice touch.

Ordered and installed TPARTS data module. Removing the panel was not that difficult, as I have numerous pry tools. Putting it back was more difficult, as one of the metal clips in the bottom just pushed through the hole and fell into the car never to be found again. I have an extending magnet tool, but was unable to retrieve it. Hopefully it doesn't cause rattling noises. The panel fits just fine with the missing metal clip, though.

Nice to be able to have TeslaCam in the glove box, and Samsung T5 in the center console with my music. Everything works after testing a few reboots. TeslaCam drive in the glovebox does take a few minutes to be recognized, but does work without intervention on my part.

Reactions: Merner
Spoke too soon. I get Loading Error for my Samsung T5 today after waking my 2022 Model 3 LR up. It requires a reboot to get it to be recognized. Really wish Tesla hadn't removed USB Data from the center console. Yet another reminder how flawed this car is on the inside. Love and hate the tech of this car at the same time.

Rebooting every time I get in my Model 3 is not what I'm looking for.

Spoke too soon. I get Loading Error for my Samsung T5 today after waking my 2022 Model 3 LR up. It requires a reboot to get it to be recognized. Really wish Tesla hadn't removed USB Data from the center console. Yet another reminder how flawed this car is on the inside. Love and hate the tech of this car at the same time.

Rebooting every time I get in my Model 3 is not what I'm looking for.

There is currently a software version issue with USB data drives that knocks out the sentry camera recording and playback functions. Perhaps your problem is related?

There is currently a software version issue with USB data drives that knocks out the sentry camera recording and playback functions. Perhaps your problem is related?

Probably. But I have the opposite problem. Dashcam works just fine, but I get Loading Error for Music Drive after my 2022 M3 wakes up. A reboot fixes it. but annoying to have to do that with each start up.

I just installed the TPARTS module into my MYP. Like others have said the center console back panel is on very firmly. After two unsuccessful initial tries to pull the bottom part of the panel loose, I used the supplied tool to angle up and pry the bottom panel a bit. It apparently worked when I heard a slight pop from one of the bottom clips. Then I inserted the tool as instructed and gave a very firm jerk and pull. The two bottom clips released and the rest was a piece of cake to install. The data ports work as advertised. I am using a cheap Amazon USB-C 4 port hub,

4-Port USB C Hub, KEYMOX Compact Size Type C Adapter with 4 USB 3.0 Ports USB Type C Hub for MacBook Pro 2019/2018/2017, Google Chromebook Pixelbook, XPS, Samsung S9/S8 and More USB Type C Device. It is working fine with my flash drive.

Reactions: Merner
Anyone buy from Amazon it's $5 cheaper and free shipping for Prime, but it doesn't say if its for AMD or Intel
Amazon Item number is TP-193 and viewing the source code for Tparts page - Console Data Transmission Module it looks like Tp-193 correspond to AMD

{"id":41909933277339,"price":9000,"name":"Console Data Transmission Module - AMD Ryzen™ Processor","public_title":"AMD Ryzen™ Processor","sku":"TP-193"},{"id":41909933310107,"price":9000,"name":"Console Data Transmission Module - Intel Atom® Processor","public_title":"Intel Atom® Processor","sku":"TP-191"}]}