Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 MS Interior lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is very dark where the driver and passenger place their feet. I know earlier Model S had lights in that area but the 2022 does not appear to have them. Am I missing something? I have my lights set to AUTO and the lights beneath the front seats [for the passengers in the rear] are there and illuminate as expected.

When you turn on the rails and if you have ambient lights enabled should turn on the footwell lights in front and rear as well as on your door panel pockets.
A2369CD3-23CF-443F-AAA3-152849691F0D.jpeg

Attachments

• 9B758B06-A5F8-4BFB-AC2E-704B51E8466C.jpeg
    9B758B06-A5F8-4BFB-AC2E-704B51E8466C.jpeg
    236.3 KB · Views: 119
Reactions: pvdoug
Mine are not that bright. Wonder if I need to get SC to take a look.
There is a cut out on the footwell for the light bar maybe yours is not aligned on the cut out. Or check to see if the light bar may be broken before taking it to service. I already had bad experiences having the service techs working on these new p2 models, So I try to work on my own car when I can.

There is a cut out on the footwell for the light bar maybe yours is not aligned on the cut out. Or check to see if the light bar may be broken before taking it to service. I already had bad experiences having the service techs working on these new p2 models, So I try to work on my own car when I can.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to check. Although I've generally had positive experiences with SC techs, I too prefer to fix things on my own to avoid hassle.

See a post here comparing mine footwell lights to another users (use the quote in the reply to see that users photos). My passenger side definitely seems to not be functioning properly, even just compared to my drivers side.

Reactions: bllydia and pvdoug
Re the footwell issue, I got my my MS back from the service center today They "cleared out" some of the fabric that was limiting the light and now it is a little brighter. The dim lights are now in factory compliance but still very faint. If anyone is aware of an after-market fix that would be appreciated.

Reactions: bllydia
It is very dark where the driver and passenger place their feet. I know earlier Model S had lights in that area but the 2022 does not appear to have them. Am I missing something? I have my lights set to AUTO and the lights beneath the front seats [for the passengers in the rear] are there and illuminate as expected.
We are working on the footwells - meanwhile we have launched an LED upgrade for the 21+ Model S cargo light, check it here: T Sportline Tesla Model S (2021-Present) Rear Hatch Mega-Bright 8x LED Light