Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 MS Long Range - What you seeing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm at 3000 miles on my LR and see 362 miles at 89%. I set my wall charger to 90, but it always seems to end up at 89. Anyway, that also works out to about 406 miles. I haven't used a supercharger yet, only my wall charger and a Tesla destination charger and a few local free ChargePoint stations that are only good for 20-25 mph. They are free though, so I'm not complaining. I haven't seen any degradation yet.

At 28k miles (June 2021 build), 15k miles with OEM 21's and the rest on 20" Pilot Sport All Season 285/35r20 square.
Lifetime: 304w/mi (low of 284 and high of 306 shown on lifetime)
100% (showing today): 347mi (it has varied daily 310-370 miles not sure it has shown above 370ish ever)

Mostly interstate driving. Home or destination charger to 75-85% SOC every night. Supercharger maybe 30% of the time used to charge.

Have had the SC run diagnostics four separate times and they show all is working as planned.

Look normal?

2021 Model S LR with 21s and about 6k miles. I charge to 85% every couple of nights as I don't have a long daily commute.
In the Tesla app, 100% fluctuates between 350 and 365 miles.

My lifetime average wh/mi is 318... So I am jealous of @Hayseed_MS who is more efficient driving a plaid mostly on the interstate. I had a few road trips over the winter with the car fully loaded down, so I'm sure that contributed a bit to my poor lifetime wh/mi. Having said that, now that the temperature is warming up, I'm noticing that I am able to regularly get efficiencies below 300 wh/mi, and closer to 280.

As suggested elsewhere in this forum, recalibrating the BMC every few months will pick the 100% number back up. So every couple of months I've been running the car down below 20% and then charge back up above 90%. After that, the 100% reported range bounces back up closer to that 365 upper limit.

2021 Model S LR with 21s and about 6k miles. I charge to 85% every couple of nights as I don't have a long daily commute.
In the Tesla app, 100% fluctuates between 350 and 365 miles.

My lifetime average wh/mi is 318... So I am jealous of @Hayseed_MS who is more efficient driving a plaid mostly on the interstate. I had a few road trips over the winter with the car fully loaded down, so I'm sure that contributed a bit to my poor lifetime wh/mi. Having said that, now that the temperature is warming up, I'm noticing that I am able to regularly get efficiencies below 300 wh/mi, and closer to 280.

As suggested elsewhere in this forum, recalibrating the BMC every few months will pick the 100% number back up. So every couple of months I've been running the car down below 20% and then charge back up above 90%. After that, the 100% reported range bounces back up closer to that 365 upper limit.

Mine is a 2021 LR.

I will try that calibration you mention.

Reactions: droopaloop
At 28k miles (June 2021 build), 15k miles with OEM 21's and the rest on 20" Pilot Sport All Season 285/35r20 square.
Lifetime: 304w/mi (low of 284 and high of 306 shown on lifetime)
100% (showing today): 347mi (it has varied daily 310-370 miles not sure it has shown above 370ish ever)

Mostly interstate driving. Home or destination charger to 75-85% SOC every night. Supercharger maybe 30% of the time used to charge.

Have had the SC run diagnostics four separate times and they show all is working as planned.

Look normal?
Yep. I did not start to lose any range until I hit about 18K miles and the car was a year old. Started with 335 in my 2019 MS and around 25k miles I started losing range until it got to 300 miles, now it apprears to have stabilized. Had Tesla check it out twice and they said all normal and mostly a BMS calibration error. Not sure what to believe, but I have never had to adjust charge stops on road trips, and seem to arrive at the same chargers with the same SOC as when the car was new regardless of what the trip planner predicts.

Resurrecting this thread.

I’m getting 349 miles at 90% charge on my refresh S with 19s and 7,000 miles on it. That puts my max at 388, which is about what I see the few times I charge to 100%. Definitely nowhere near the 405ish miles it would get up to when I first got it this past September. Is it worth asking a service center to assess, or is my only option the calibration exercise? The calibration routine helped a bit the last time I tried it, but I still didn’t get close to 400.