Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 MS LR Vibration on acceleration paddle when A/C maxed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Temperature is rising in NorCal recently. When I got off work and enter my MS which parked under the sun for the whole day. The A/C kicks in to MAX fan speed. Immediately I can notice the acceleration paddle start vibrate. The vibration will go away once the temperature cools down and fan speed reduces. It is pretty obvious that the vibration comes from either the fan or the Air compressor. But my question is, is this normal and within the spec? Thanks.

Temperature is rising in NorCal recently. When I got off work and enter my MS which parked under the sun for the whole day. The A/C kicks in to MAX fan speed. Immediately I can notice the acceleration paddle start vibrate. The vibration will go away once the temperature cools down and fan speed reduces. It is pretty obvious that the vibration comes from either the fan or the Air compressor. But my question is, is this normal and within the spec? Thanks.
Hmmm, maybe that’s why I have not seen any issues. Still pretty cold here in the Northeast.

Things to look forward too.

Maybe this is all Heat Pump related issues. Which is very new and common between LR and Plaid. Never made sense throttle would vibrate for a drive train issue. But who knows w.r.t. heat pump functions and plumbing.

Has anyone tried turning off HVAC before this happens? Heat pump might be doing other stuff independent of HVAC. But worth a data point.

My system has not gone in to cool mode yet.