Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 MS Plaid Accessories?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not much is available to fit yet, and fewer things are necessary with the greatly improved interior (center console design, coat hooks, bright LEDs, etc.). Sunshade and cargo mat are a place to start. Tesmanian has some good options.

really with this thread had more activity - it's been tough finding accessories. Should get my tesla MS in a month, here's some good links

Looking at reviews for floor mats but haven't decided which ones I want yet

• Informative
Reactions: smjones
Have the TWraps screen protectors but haven't installed them yet. :rolleyes: Likewise a KENPENRI mobile charger wall mount, Autoheatshield folding sun shade for the front windshield, and "Spurtar" lifting jack pads.

I have used a WIkiSmart car cover because I had to have something for parking in the driveway. The 197-205" cover fits but is obviously just a cheap, temporary way to keep (some) rain, leaves, and whatever off the car until I can find a proper cover. And some SYOAUTO door edge guard strip, because I have low concrete retaining walls on both sides of my too-narrow driveway.

All the above sourced from Amazon, though I did subsequently check the TWraps website and was pleased that they had a bunch of stuff for the refreshed cars.

Got the full Tesmanian mat set, because the 3DMAX Spiders weren't available. They're okay, but I'm not impressed with the cut/fit - the footwell liners stand off from the walls at the top. And the rear under-storage area is just plain terrible, it's too long width-wise. They'll do the job, but meh. They're rubber mats, but the WeatherTech mats in my Audi seem to be higher quality. When I checked WT's site, I wasn't convinced they had updated mats for the 2022, and the price was annoying considering that long term, I'd rather have whatever fiber the Spiders are made from.

I picked the Samsung T5 SSD over the newer/faster T7 over reports of how hot the T7 runs. The T5 has a proven track record, and 500GB seems like plenty given my whole music library is only around 62GB of MP3s. That might increase 50% if I swapped over to FLAC where possible, but right now I'm far more concerned that the subwoofer doesn't seem to do anything.

Somebody referenced these SeaSucker Ski Racks. While I generally try to keep everything inside the shell to avoid drag, theoretically I like the idea of the suction cup mounts. But I would like to hear from people who've used them in heavy weather on all-glass roofs...

I'm a PS5 owner, but I have a gaming PC, so I had blue Xbox controller around. Have yet to try it out. Perhaps... now... #goblue :D
It seems like most controllers will work with a cord, and none of them will work wirelessly (BT) without some kind of third party adapter. 🤷‍♂️

I did just receive a Xbox Series X, so if I get a chance I'll try one of those controllers too but there are already reports that they work...

Here are some of the accessories I’ve ordered for my upcoming Plaid delivery (can’t give my impressions yet, since most are still in the mail):

- Martian MW05 forged wheels - will use these for the summer months and reserve the Tempest wheels for the winter

- Tesmanian winter floor mats

- Tesla T wheel caps for Martian wheels and Tempest wheels without the aero covers: black/silver and black/red Ordered from EVACA.ca

- SnapPlate quick-release front licence plate holder SnapPlate Model S Removable Front License Plate Mount

Abstract Ocean accessories:
  • Triangular screen cleaner (red)
  • Carbon Fibre game controller (aftermarket game controller with wireless USB dongle)
  • Tempered glass screen protectors for front and rear screens (clear)
  • Matte black Plaid emblem
  • WheelBands for protecting the rims - black on black - hopefully I’ll end up using these (the guy from Martian wheels says he doesn’t recommend these types of products, but he hasn’t clarified the reason why)
RPM Tesla accessories:
  • Wind noise seal for glass roof (might not do much, but I’ll give it a shot for the price)
  • Matte carbon fibre rear plate frame
  • Trunk organizer
  • Plaid Spaceballs emblem - 4 colour options (might try to put it somewhere inside the car for a pop of colour - not sure yet)

Here are some of the accessories I’ve ordered for my upcoming Plaid delivery (can’t give my impressions yet, since most are still in the mail):

- Martian MW05 forged wheels - will use these for the summer months and reserve the Tempest wheels for the winter

- Tesmanian winter floor mats

- Tesla T wheel caps for Martian wheels and Tempest wheels without the aero covers: black/silver and black/red Ordered from EVACA.ca

- SnapPlate quick-release front licence plate holder SnapPlate Model S Removable Front License Plate Mount

Abstract Ocean accessories:
  • Triangular screen cleaner (red)
  • Carbon Fibre game controller (aftermarket game controller with wireless USB dongle)
  • Tempered glass screen protectors for front and rear screens (clear)
  • Matte black Plaid emblem
  • WheelBands for protecting the rims - black on black - hopefully I’ll end up using these (the guy from Martian wheels says he doesn’t recommend these types of products, but he hasn’t clarified the reason why)
RPM Tesla accessories:
  • Wind noise seal for glass roof (might not do much, but I’ll give it a shot for the price)
  • Matte carbon fibre rear plate frame
  • Trunk organizer
  • Plaid Spaceballs emblem - 4 colour options (might try to put it somewhere inside the car for a pop of colour - not sure yet)
Love those wheels! Got them bookmarked with the 20" version for my summer wheels :)

Reactions: EvolutionTeʂla
I just tried my new Abstract Ocean wireless game controller in my 2017 MS. It worked great in Sky Force Reloaded. It’s not quite as solid feeling as the PS4 controller that I had been using, especially the trigger buttons, but the wireless dongle and pairing process worked great, and it’s much smaller than any other controller I own. The lack of cables is great and the added bonus of being compatible with mobile devices, PC and Nintendo Switch is also a plus.

Oh, one other thing is in transit - a blue Playstation 4 Dualshock controller. I plugged one in and it worked without too much fiddling, so I figured I'd get one to keep in the car.
I got one in glacier white, thought it fit the interior quite nicely.

Attachments

• F5D7ACCE-B1FE-4AEB-8110-0D2AE7A79313.jpeg
    F5D7ACCE-B1FE-4AEB-8110-0D2AE7A79313.jpeg
    438.3 KB · Views: 167
Reactions: smjones
That’s the nice thing about the controller I got from Abstract Ocean. It comes with a tiny wireless dongle (regular USB-A plug) so it works great wirelessly in my 2017 Model S but it also has a USB-A to USB-C adapter so I’ll be able to plug the mini dongle into the included adapter to use it wirelessly in my Plaid as well (assuming it will work the same with the Plaid).

Wired. I don't want to have to manually charge my controller when I'm playing games on my manually-charged car.
You can use the Abstract Ocean controller with a wired connection with the supplied cable as well, so you can play wirelessly then if you run out of battery, just plug it in (or leave it plugged in all the time if you wish). It has 4 modes - wireless dongle, Bluetooth (for Android/iOS/PC), Nintendo Switch and wired. Pretty versatile.

One thing I did notice when playing with it yesterday is I think the ABXY buttons are in different locations to my PS4 controller, so I’ll have to re-learn the controls for the Sky Force powerups.