Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 MS Refresh Front Dash Rattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI, I found and fixed the source of this particular creaking noise. While checking the passenger door panel, I noticed the front door edge weather stripping was bunched up on top and folded over itself. I think this caused the weather strip to rub on quarter panel over bumps and when turning.

Here is a picture after I fixed it. Hard to describe, but imagine the top section being too high and scrunched up. I fixed this by removing the weather strip all the way down door, then refit starting from top so there was no more slack.

View attachment 802748
thanks. I'll do a deep dive on it this weekend. (going into the slow season now so I have nothing but time)

thanks. I'll do a deep dive on it this weekend. (going into the slow season now so I have nothing but time)
Actually I take it back… the creaking noise did not go away, and I had mobile Tesla tech. help diagnose this week. The noise is definitely coming from side view mirror outside the car. We tested all kinds of scenarios and he removed the door panel. If I squeeze the lower black portion or wiggle the top mirror cover, it creaks. The tech. was able to to fix the top cover. It pops off and he used felt tape inside to make it snug. But the real issue is plastic lower portion that still creaks when you squeeze top/bottom or push on it. Unfortunately no easy mobile fix for that, given entire mirror would have to be removed from inside door panel. I decided to live with it for awhile.

I had the same rattling noise from the driver side dash. Took it to to service center and they put sort of padding under the speaker grill. That didn’t completely solve the problem but it is much better now. I can only hear some noise in very rough roads.

I had the same rattling noise from the driver side dash. Took it to to service center and they put sort of padding under the speaker grill. That didn’t completely solve the problem but it is much better now. I can only hear some noise in very rough roads.
Do you mean the big one near the windshield? I am also trying to figure out how to reduce rattles but so far the rattles are winning.

I was able to resolve my issue today. My car has about 5K miles on it and it progressively started getting worse. I decided to look under the frunk and remove the plastic shielding. I found a bolt that was very loose. I tightened it down and now the car is how it should be! See attached images and the loose bolt circled in red.

Attachments

• IMG_0441.jpg
    IMG_0441.jpg
    430.9 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_0442.jpg
    IMG_0442.jpg
    398.1 KB · Views: 204
FYI, I found and fixed the source of this particular creaking noise. While checking the passenger door panel, I noticed the front door edge weather stripping was bunched up on top and folded over itself. I think this caused the weather strip to rub on quarter panel over bumps and when turning.

Here is a picture after I fixed it. Hard to describe, but imagine the top section being too high and scrunched up. I fixed this by removing the weather strip all the way down door, then refit starting from top so there was no more slack.

View attachment 802748
Did you ever figure out the rattle?, I had the exact noise. I solved it, The rattle is caused by a tiny speaker screw rubbing against the metal body structure. I opened my door seal by the panoramic glass, I pushed in foam /sponge and it is gone. Maddening that Tesla can't fix this.

Reactions: jacie6056
Did you ever figure out the rattle?, I had the exact noise. I solved it, The rattle is caused by a tiny speaker screw rubbing against the metal body structure. I opened my door seal by the panoramic glass, I pushed in foam /sponge and it is gone. Maddening that Tesla can't fix this.
which part of the speaker?The little one close to the rooftop or the one on the A-pillar