Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 MX Key Fob

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The store is sold out Im trying my local service centers but I havent found one (socal).
Can I buy a MX 2022 fob from someone else and have it reprogrammed?
Thanks.
Yes, except there is no need to HAVE it programmed. It is an owner responsibility to set up the key cards and any fobs. The primary key is your smartphone. My iPhone was the only working key I got at delivery. I was given two cards and two fobs, but they did not work until I set them up at home.

We picked up our Refresh MX a couple days ago. No Fobs of course.
My wife's Primary concern with her new MX vs her 2016 MX is that the driver door remain automated in that when she approaches it opens.
I promised her that would be the case.
...well, she keeps her phone in her purse or her back pocket, and it seems that's enough to muffle the signal to the point where the door proximity sensors do not open the door, and if it does it wont swing open.
(Gulp)
So I have a couple fobs from my Plaid MS i figured I would try to program one of them to her new MX and it WORKED!
I stuck the fob in her purse and BOOM! The door opens and swings like her previous MX!
Whew!

TL;DR In a pinch a Refresh MS fob will work with the Refresh MX

My wife's Primary concern with her new MX vs her 2016 MX is that the driver door remain automated in that when she approaches it opens.
...well, she keeps her phone in her purse or her back pocket, and it seems that's enough to muffle the signal to the point where the door proximity sensors do not open the door, and if it does it wont swing open.
(Gulp)
So I have a couple fobs from my Plaid MS i figured I would try to program one of them to her new MX and it WORKED!
I stuck the fob in her purse and BOOM! The door opens and swings like her previous MX!
Whew!

But no FWD buttons, right? I am really surprised the door does not open with her phone. Mine works as good as the key fob. Unless I have it in an RFID proof case, which I bought one of without thinking. Ooops.

But no FWD buttons, right? I am really surprised the door does not open with her phone. Mine works as good as the key fob. Unless I have it in an RFID proof case, which I bought one of without thinking. Ooops.
Yes no FWD buttons but for her it's ok. It never leaves her purse.
She has a case, and its not anything special, but at least it's working.
HWHL

(Gulp)
Whew!

Picked up my X Refresh on Fri 9/30. Does this Refresh S fob including the buttons on the sides that open/close the Falcon Wing Doors?