Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 MX Plaid 6 seater.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just joined the club/forum today...own a 2018 M3, ordered a MX Plaid due in July and reserved a trimotor Cybertruck. Not sure I want the 22" wheels I ordered on the X. Living in Long Island NY my concerns are: roughness of ride, blowout frequency and performance in snow... any suggestions? Also, the yoke seems fine but not sure of the directionals and horn...what happens when the wheel is turned (even during FSD) and I need to activate any of them? If I change the wheels now do I lose my place in line?

I just joined the club/forum today...own a 2018 M3, ordered a MX Plaid due in July and reserved a trimotor Cybertruck. Not sure I want the 22" wheels I ordered on the X. Living in Long Island NY my concerns are: roughness of ride, blowout frequency and performance in snow... any suggestions? Also, the yoke seems fine but not sure of the directionals and horn...what happens when the wheel is turned (even during FSD) and I need to activate any of them? If I change the wheels now do I lose my place in line?
You will have to contact Tesla about changing your order. I have no idea, and even if I did, it would not make a difference to your order. You should have received a text message or two from Tesla, acknowledging your order. A reply to that message thread would be a good place to start.

The tires that come with the 22 inch wheels, are definitely summer only, high performance tires. I would not want them on any car that I own if I lived in New York. It snows in Indiana, but nothing like Long Island.

You will have to contact Tesla about changing your order. I have no idea, and even if I did, it would not make a difference to your order. You should have received a text message or two from Tesla, acknowledging your order. A reply to that message thread would be a good place to start.

The tires that come with the 22 inch wheels, are definitely summer only, high performance tires. I would not want them on any car that I own if I lived in New York. It snows in Indiana, but nothing like Long Island.
DCGOO: Thanks for your helpful comments. I will change my order to the 20" wheels and probably buy winter tires in November 2022. Hopefully it will not set me back in the queue as I want to trade in my BMW X5 asap and remain ICE vehicle free for life.

DCGOO: Thanks for your helpful comments. I will change my order to the 20" wheels and probably buy winter tires in November 2022. Hopefully it will not set me back in the queue as I want to trade in my BMW X5 asap and remain ICE vehicle free for life.
Unfortunately, any changes will put you back at the back of the line except adding and removing full self-driving. You could consider keeping your order and selling the wheels or having two sets for summer and winter. I know that's a bummer...

Unfortunately, any changes will put you back at the back of the line except adding and removing full self-driving. You could consider keeping your order and selling the wheels or having two sets for summer and winter. I know that's a bummer...
This isnt true. Your EDD holds and if a config match pops up in your area you’ll probably get it. I speak from experience with a couple different Tesla orders for myself and family members.

It may vary by SA like many things at Tesla. I would be wary as multiple SAs have told people they will be moved back in line with changes. There are tons of examples in the model X waiting room. It could also be worse than your experience because of the backlog on the X.