Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 MY PPF quote

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
34959E08-3A17-4B62-9D7C-7A2464DD3CCC.jpeg

Is this a good deal?

Reactions: commonplace
The full front or green areas is mainly all you need and at 1700 it is a pretty good price, if it includes paint correction. I would also add rear door protection, you only need 1/4 of the door. You can buy kits for this on amazon for 30-40 bux or or it out with your PFF shop. I just bought a PFF off amazon and did it at home for the rear door. This will cover you from rock chips that will b thrown from your front tires.

Btw, when I had our MYP done, I was quoted 3K to wrap the whole car but only did the full front.

Last edited:
The full front or green areas is mainly all you need and at 1700 it is a pretty good price, if it includes paint correction. I would also add rear door protection, you only need 1/4 of the door. You can buy kits for this on amazon for 30-40 bux or or it out with your PFF shop. I just bought a PFF off amazon and did it at home for the rear door. This will cover you from rock chips that will b thrown from your front tires.

Btw, when I had our MYP done, I was quoted 3K to wrap the whole car but only did the full front.
Thx. Could you show me which 1/4?

Yeah that sounds about right, actually a pretty good deal. Mine was about $2,100 for the green part on my MY. Weird that someone would do green and yellow but not the rear of the car. At that point just finish the entire thing lol.
I was gonna do just the full front but read somewhere here that I should do the doors too. If I can get away with doing just 1/4 of the rear doors, that’d be ideal. Just need to know which 1/4. Don’t remember spending any kind of money on my other cars after market 😂

I was gonna do just the full front but read somewhere here that I should do the doors too. If I can get away with doing just 1/4 of the rear doors, that’d be ideal. Just need to know which 1/4. Don’t remember spending any kind of money on my other cars after market 😂
Anytime you have a wider rear track you're gonna get rock chips. Porsche's have come with chip guards for decades since 98% of their cars have wider rear tracks. It got to be such a normal thing it became ubiquitous, part of their style. Often times the chip guards are body colored or clear so you don't see them at first.

6215.jpg

Just throwing this out there as an option, you can try adding mud flaps to the front wheels. I did that to my Model Y instead of getting the lower rear door panel PPF because I didnt want the edges of those PPF films to show. Mud flaps have worked well so far preventing the kick up of stuff onto that door area.

Just throwing this out there as an option, you can try adding mud flaps to the front wheels. I did that to my Model Y instead of getting the lower rear door panel PPF because I didnt want the edges of those PPF films to show. Mud flaps have worked well so far preventing the kick up of stuff onto that door area.
You can still get chips though. I've got flaps and still got rear door chips, hence getting the PFF kit.

You can still get chips though. I've got flaps and still got rear door chips, hence getting the PFF kit.
Yeah sure, you can get chips anywhere on the paint. I found the flaps reduced the design flaw though of the front wheels directly kicking back to that panel. My panel still looks perfect 6 months later. Was just a suggestion if they thought the PPF film doesnt look good like I thought.

Yeah that sounds about right, actually a pretty good deal. Mine was about $2,100 for the green part on my MY. Weird that someone would do green and yellow but not the rear of the car. At that point just finish the entire thing lol.
With my shop the only area they had "issue" with was the rear. The size and curves make it a little hard to do with a single sheet without some stretch marks and stuff. People hate two sheets and people hate marks, maybe this shop that quoted the 3/4 car just doesn't want to deal with the rear.

My shop said they did the rear 3 times and warned me there was still a stretch mark but they thought it would be better than doing two different pieces. I still can't figure out where exactly the stretch mark is, it looks perfect to me, lol.

Also, prices seem perfectly in line with expected (and maybe good after inflation, my work was done a year ago). I would go ahead and request the whole car though if you're going to get 3/4 of it done. The place you don't have PPF will be the place something happens. Before I traded my Model 3, I had the full front, pillars all the way back to the trunk, about 4 inch of the rocker panels, and trunk loading area covered. I figured that would cover all the high risk areas from damage... of course on my rear quarter panel someone left a 6 or 7 inch scratch. It looked almost like someone was loading a suitcase into their car and as they were lifting it up a zipper rubbed against my car. Thankfully it buffed out before I traded it in... but the Y is fully protected and looks perfect so far...

A little cheap compared to what I’m seeing in my area for quality work. I’m paying 6k for full car with XPEL stealth. Instead of cost, go by experience and physically ask to see their work. The city I live in, there are lots of people who ask for cheap, and in return get crappy fast work where the guys are literally cutting the material on your paint and not wrapping edges. All my edges are getting completed and folded under the panel. There is a lot that goes into the prep to make it last a long time. My guy let’s the car sit for a day before even doing the edges as well.

$1,700 is a bit on the high side to not get a-pillar kit, door handles and shark fins on the rear doors. You don't need 1/4 of the rear door and/or paint correction. Better question: which shop in Atlanta is doing the work? I have first hand experience with many of the shops in Atlanta.

That's what I paid in Montgomery, AL for XPEL on the full front (incl headlights) + mirrors + the "shark fin" piece on the rear doors. He also added a strip on each of the door edges and one on the top of the bumper cover in the back. I have the Tesla mud flaps as well. I tend to keep my cars for 8-10 years so I figured it was worth it.

That's why I did both. Full front for $2K but the guy threw in the area around the rear wheels.

Which mud flaps you get makes a difference. Folks report better results with the Tesla ones (what I got) and Rally Armor than most anything else.
Oh I just got cheapo ones off amazon, at the time didn't think to get Rally Armor style ones. The larger rally style ones like Tesla have better protection and yea in retrospect I should have gone with that style.

You can purchase film for the lower portion of the door on Ebay, approximately $120-150. SunTek, STEK, 3M, XPEL are the popular ones. YouTube videos on how to install it properly and how to make your own slip solution and tack solution.

Attachments

• 20211222_174244.jpg
    20211222_174244.jpg
    379.2 KB · Views: 74