Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 MYP 100% charged =296 mile?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Friends, I have a 2022 model y performance. I have about 1400 miles on it. Yesterday I charged to 100% due to a long trip today. The range says 296 miles. It is pretty close to 303 that Tesla says on Ads but is my battery deteriorated already? Or 303 is just an estimated and can vary? Thanks

Attachments

• 6EB632A7-CA23-48F4-A756-F4F9DCBFD249.jpeg
    6EB632A7-CA23-48F4-A756-F4F9DCBFD249.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 296
What worked for me- Change to percent. Use car as normal. Never think about it again.

No need to stress over expected initial degradation. I worried about miles available for the first week of EV ownership then realized it doesn’t impact my daily usability at all. Plug in when I park in the garage and when needed on trips according to the NAV planner. Simple and stress free.

My new iphone and MacBook battery lasted longer the first month or so. Same story. No big deal IMO. Charge when needed and use without thinking about it until it’s time to upgrade.

I have no idea how much my MYP battery has degraded and don’t care to look. I leave everyday at 80% and get home with about 60-65%. 40-50 miles later. Wake up - Repeat. Always “full” when I leave.

You new owners need to stop randomly charging to 100.

What worked for me- Change to percent. Use car as normal. Never think about it again.

I have no idea how much my MYP battery has degraded and don’t care to look. I leave everyday at 80% and get home with about 60-65%. 40-50 miles later. Wake up - Repeat. Always “full” when I leave.
You could reduce the voltage stress on the pack by shifting that 80%-60% use range down to 60%-40%.

I just got a new (2 miles) 2022 Performance from Tesla this month and I also thought it was odd I saw 296 miles. My previous Long Range Y and SR+ Model 3 both showed exactly what the advertised amount was upon delivery. That said, I live in percent and don’t really pay attention to that number.

I drove the Performance for about a week around Seattle and DC charged a couple times just up to like 60-70% before heading home to the other side of the state. I haven’t fully charged but Teslafi is already reporting (guessing) on the battery report that I have 301 miles now at 100%. ABetterRoutePlanner is also reporting about 80.2kWh for the pack size. I figure everything is good and it’s just a little odd that the battery management is different at delivery than the previous two cars. Maybe something changed on how they charge them in the factory for final delivery…

I live normally between 70% and 50% (I do maybe 30 miles at most a day, often like 8-10 miles) so I’m probably pretty gentle on the battery. Two previous cars got out to 10k miles and about 20 months with less than 4% degradation before I traded…

How to get to 5% without doing harm to the battery? I read somewhere that you should never let you battery go below 20%?
It's not great to constantly run the battery really low, but it's ok every now and then. If you're trying to recalibrate the BMS, then it needs to drop really low and charge all the way back up.

Doing it daily or weekly, probably not great.

Going to 5% to 10% a few times a year during a road trip, don't worry about it.

It's not great to constantly run the battery really low, but it's ok every now and then. If you're trying to recalibrate the BMS, then it needs to drop really low and charge all the way back up.

Doing it daily or weekly, probably not great.

Going to 5% to 10% a few times a year during a road trip, don't worry about it.
Thanks will keep this mind if on road trip and EV charging stations nearby. Don’t plan on getting stuck somewhere.

Nobody driving a Performance Y can achieve the EPA rated range (low rated Wh/mi). It's just too tempting to use that juice when accelerating!

@kaoticfury , the mileage range is an estimate that will constantly vary. Let us know your typical average consumption over a few days (and don't baby it now only for the purposes of this report). I bet it's above the rated 260 Wh/mi (which is going to worsen your mileage estimate). It's just too much fun to drive the Y Performance quickly and so painful to drive it like an old grandpa like the EPA test requires!!

Ok, I’m getting closer to 330 miles at 100%.

I put M3P 20x9 Uberturbines with the OEM 20in MYLR tires… and just changing the tires made a huge mileage difference.

The 20x9 wheels allow the tires to stick out enough (.5in) to protect the wheels… no curb rash.