Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 MYP "Betty White" build begins.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well here is our 2022 MYP. It is my wife's DD and she stole the name from someone else but loved it.
Day of delivery.
IMG_0221 (1).jpg

Once we took delivery it went straight to PPF and tint.
  • Entire front to include headlights and mirrors.
  • A chunk of PPF in front of the rear wheels almost like on a 911.
  • A strip on the back where the dogs potentially jumping in the back could scratch it.
  • Front windows ceramic tinted to match the rest of the car.
After PPF and tint.
IMG_0237 (1).jpg

The next day it stayed home for a complete detail. I love detailing my own cars so she got the full treatment.

Then I went to work installing all the accessories we had been buying in wait for the new arrival.
  • CF dash
  • Illuminated door sills
  • Vinyl on the door handles. This is the only mod that may go away soon. I am not 100% happy on the match or lack there of.
  • CF emblems
  • Delete Dual Motor (chrome did not match the rest)
  • Mudflaps
  • Rear Cargo carpet cover. Yes the two dogs will be riding in the back.
  • Rear cargo rubber guard to go over the plastic latch area again to protect from dogs nails.
  • New wheels and tires from @GetYourWheels - each wheel and tire weighs right at 50lbs (stock front = 66 and rear = 70)
    • Forgestar CF5V 20x9 +35 gloss anthracite - square set up
    • Michelin Pilot Sport All Seasons 4 in 255/40/20
IMG_0263.jpg
IMG_0233 (1).jpg
IMG_0257.jpg
IMG_0258.jpg

Here are a bunch of before and after pics of the rest.
IMG_0228.jpg
IMG_0227.jpg
IMG_0222 (1).jpg

Well here is our 2022 MYP. It is my wife's DD and she stole the name from someone else but loved it.
Day of delivery.
View attachment 770364
Once we took delivery it went straight to PPF and tint.
  • Entire front to include headlights and mirrors.
  • A chunk of PPF in front of the rear wheels almost like on a 911.
  • A strip on the back where the dogs potentially jumping in the back could scratch it.
  • Front windows ceramic tinted to match the rest of the car.
After PPF and tint.
View attachment 770365
The next day it stayed home for a complete detail. I love detailing my own cars so she got the full treatment.

Then I went to work installing all the accessories we had been buying in wait for the new arrival.
  • CF dash
  • Illuminated door sills
  • Vinyl on the door handles. This is the only mod that may go away soon. I am not 100% happy on the match or lack there of.
  • CF emblems
  • Delete Dual Motor (chrome did not match the rest)
  • Mudflaps
  • Rear Cargo carpet cover. Yes the two dogs will be riding in the back.
  • Rear cargo rubber guard to go over the plastic latch area again to protect from dogs nails.
  • New wheels and tires from @GetYourWheels - each wheel and tire weighs right at 50lbs (stock front = 66 and rear = 70)
    • Forgestar CF5V 20x9 +35 gloss anthracite - square set up
    • Michelin Pilot Sport All Seasons 4 in 255/40/20
View attachment 770375View attachment 770376

What are these cargo carpet covers? Love them! Can you link me?

What are these cargo carpet covers? Love them! Can you link me?

These are awesome. I little pricey but they are custom cut and fit perfect. Lots of patterns to choose from. This is our third one. We allow the dogs in the back of our SUVs and these keep the dirt and hair off the carpet. Much easier to clean and vacuum.

• Love
Reactions: Trip McNealy

These are awesome. I little pricey but they are custom cut and fit perfect. Lots of patterns to choose from. This is our third one. We allow the dogs in the back of our SUVs and these keep the dirt and hair off the carpet. Much easier to clean and vacuum.

Im in love. LOL! Grabbing a set as I type!

Reactions: goin2drt
Damn, you moved quick with the PPF, tint and wheels! I've had my MYP performance less than a month and only gotten as far as partial front PPF with tint to come tomorrow (2/18) and hopefully new wheels after I sell my uberturbines!

HA! I did the same! I had the new rims and wheels and tons of accessories ready for my 21 MYP. Soon as it arrived, right to the wrap spot for full XPEL Stealth and tint. HA!

Reactions: goin2drt
Reactions: oreobbq
Where did you get the carbon fiber dash trim cover ? The one that fits the updated 2022 dash

Personally, I hate dash trim "covers". I am having a seller on Aliexpress make an actual real matte black CF dash and send it to me. Cost within the states for it is about $900. Via Aliexpress, $300 or so. They are also making me a real matte black CF steering wheel replacement trim that is not a cover as well. For the money, its well worth the wait for China shipping IMO.

Seller sent me this last night....

Sb101904c24984161b91298d2379adaa3G.jpg

@JaeTheDev I would tend to agree and anytime you can get replacement parts that are real CF that is always the best. For us so far the stuff we bought is a great value and honestly unless you really knew what real CF looked liked and looked at all different kinds of crazy angles you would have no idea. The fit and finish is excellent so far on all the pieces we have added.

Reactions: JaeTheDev
@JaeTheDev I would tend to agree and anytime you can get replacement parts that are real CF that is always the best. For us so far the stuff we bought is a great value and honestly unless you really knew what real CF looked liked and looked at all different kinds of crazy angles you would have no idea. The fit and finish is excellent so far on all the pieces we have added.

The only thing that gets me about the covers on the console, which actually are of not only great value, and are sometimes real CF, is they never fit 100%, 100% of the year here in Rhode Island. The extreme cold, humidity, etc murders the fitment. One side always pops a bit. My wife has been through at least 5 of them.

Seeing a fake CF cap is around 100, and a real CF cap is about 200, why not jump to 300 and get an actual console, real CF and amazing fit and finish? Just my humble opinion, but in the end, they all look amazing!