Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 MYP front door vs rear door "sound"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if it is because of the double pane windows vs non. I've noticed that when I close the front doors they feel really solid. However, the rear doors kind of rattle and over all don't have a great "close" Anyone else notice this or is it just me?

I just sold my M3LR and don't remember having this feeling.

All the doors on my MYP have a distinct "sound" on close. Some sound solid (Driver front), and some sound a bit harsh. I have noticed that as time goes by, my Driver Front door is sounding better and settling now where it is easier to close also. Since the other doors don't really get used all that much, I'm not too concerned with them since they all fit and function fine.

I totally agree. My 22 MYP front doors have a solid sound and the rear doors rattle. I actually noticed the issue pertains to the windows themselves that have a lot more sway as you swing and close the doors. My left rear in particular actually has a rattle that you can hear due to so much movement in the glass itself.

I also have a 2018 Model 3 and while the windows do sway they make 0 sound and all 4 sound the same.

Reactions: Notch Peak
I totally agree. My 22 MYP front doors have a solid sound and the rear doors rattle. I actually noticed the issue pertains to the windows themselves that have a lot more sway as you swing and close the doors. My left rear in particular actually has a rattle that you can hear due to so much movement in the glass itself.

I also have a 2018 Model 3 and while the windows do sway they make 0 sound and all 4 sound the same.
I was about to post this exact thing. I picked up my new MYP on Monday and noticed the difference between the front and rear doors "thunk" right away. The rear doors sound like I'm closing my old Datsun...I wish I was joking.

That was one of the first things I did at delivery was to OPEN All four doors and close them. Compared to my early VIN (F026928) 2020 the new Y sounded like a BWM or Merceds, with a bank vault THUNK. A very satisfying sound.

Could be the rear doors need a slight adjustment

Interesting… I have an appt with the SC to look at the left rear door.. From the outside everything looks well aligned. I actually didn’t identify a single issue with the car at delivery and have just started to notice this because I use all 4 doors daily with the rear being occupied by my kids.

The glass literally makes a rattle sound when swinging the rear door open or when closing it. Makes me wonder if the size of the door cannot support the size of the glass. Clearly, it sounds like this is not happening to everyone.

Reactions: Notch Peak
Interesting… I have an appt with the SC to look at the left rear door.. From the outside everything looks well aligned. I actually didn’t identify a single issue with the car at delivery and have just started to notice this because I use all 4 doors daily with the rear being occupied by my kids.

The glass literally makes a rattle sound when swinging the rear door open or when closing it. Makes me wonder if the size of the door cannot support the size of the glass. Clearly, it sounds like this is not happening to everyone.
I know this is from last year. But whatever happened with your rear door window rattle…? Did it get fixed when you took to SC? I’m noticing that my 2023 MYLR does the same.