Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 MYP GPS stuck, no cameras, cannot sleep

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021 Model Y LR here. Currently on software version 2023.26.10. This vehicle was purchased used about a week and half ago now. Every software update starting with 2023.38.6 has downloaded to 100% but never gives me the option to install it. All cameras, autopilot, GPs and ECUs show and work just fine. My only alert in service mode is for UI_a022_ApeFusesEtc which I have been unable to find anything about online. I have tried all the resets and a LV reset by disconnecting the LV battery and the fireman’s loop like in the manual. The car has downloaded 2023.44.1 but again I am unable to install it. Tesla service has quoted me to replaced the computers in the car but after researching seems like spending 2k+ to do that doesn’t fix the issue successfully each time. Any advice?
Did you ever have the code cleared out or you ended up replacing the computer?

My Model Y had the exact same thing happen. First it was completely unresponsive to both the app and my key card. No idea why but eventually it responded but when I drove it, the cameras, gps, auto screen dim, autopilot were not working,. I've tried soft reset and hard reset (the one with the battery isolation) to no avail. I have service planned for this Saturday. Tomorrow I plan on trying turning off autopilot and turning it back on again
I have the exact same issue now. How was your issue resolved?

Haven't posted in a while. Computer was replaced 7-8 weeks ago, and really no issues, until recently. Last week I've noticed that I've had trouble getting into the vehicle with my phone at times, often having to manually go in the app and unlock. Then once in, there have been a few times where the screen states I need to use my physical key to start the car. Then...today, pulled out from a shopping center and discovered that I couldn't accelerate quickly. Noticed a turtle icon and notification stating "Power reduced." Anyone else had this? Definitely a safety issue. Made it home (slowly). Think I just hit the 1 year mark, and half of that time has been a headache. If I ask Tesla to do a buy back, anyone recommend whether I do that at the service center, or at the demo location where I took delivery?

Haven't posted in a while. Computer was replaced 7-8 weeks ago, and really no issues, until recently. Last week I've noticed that I've had trouble getting into the vehicle with my phone at times, often having to manually go in the app and unlock. Then once in, there have been a few times where the screen states I need to use my physical key to start the car. Then...today, pulled out from a shopping center and discovered that I couldn't accelerate quickly. Noticed a turtle icon and notification stating "Power reduced." Anyone else had this? Definitely a safety issue. Made it home (slowly). Think I just hit the 1 year mark, and half of that time has been a headache. If I ask Tesla to do a buy back, anyone recommend whether I do that at the service center, or at the demo location where I took delivery?
I think you're gonna have a hard time getting them to do a buy back as I don't believe those problems are related to the computer. I've had the same door issues over 2 cars and 5 yrs. It's a known bug. You MIGHT be able to lemon law it but you'd have to check with your state.

I think you're gonna have a hard time getting them to do a buy back as I don't believe those problems are related to the computer. I've had the same door issues over 2 cars and 5 yrs. It's a known bug. You MIGHT be able to lemon law it but you'd have to check with your state.
This is in addition to 5 attempts to fix the camera GPS issues that went on for months. Also, the Power Reduced error is certainly a safety issue, more so than the cameras and GPS not working. Car has been into service 6-7x in the first year.

This is in addition to 5 attempts to fix the camera GPS issues that went on for months. Also, the Power Reduced error is certainly a safety issue, more so than the cameras and GPS not working. Car has been into service 6-7x in the first year.
You can certainly try the buy back route. The worst they can do is say no, in which case you hit them with a lemon law case, which it sounds like you'd be eligible for. I'd make sure when you broach the subject of a buy back that you mention lemon law.

Reactions: ultramyp