Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 MYP Motor Failure

Have you experienced a motor failure in your MYP?

• No

Votes: 97 81.5%
  • Yes, one.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • Yes, multiple

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posting mostly to vent, but had an interesting thing happen yesterday.

Driving along at highway speeds when I feel a sudden lurch and then the car starts telling me to pull over, limits the speed to 68MPH and says rear motor temporarily disabled and that the car is shutting down.

Roadside was pretty solid, got the car dropped off at service center and waiting on them to look at it.

2 month old MYP with just shy of 2500 miles on it... can't say I'm too thrilled to have broken down so soon. Only issue I've had with the car so far but I guess if you're gonna fail, fail big?

@SuzyQ4 any issues on your end?
Oh my 😬, sounds like a big fail. That's horrible! I'm glad to hear it actually advised you to pull over. What is the remedy? New motor? New MYP with all the latest? Does the Lemon Law apply?

I only have around 600 miles on mine so far, and haven't taken it out of DFW yet, so TBD for endurance. I've had two cosmetic issues that were fixed (mostly) without too much inconvenience and $0 on my part--1) the trunk/hatch was misaligned and they adjusted it as much as they could as it was out of spec. I was told this shouldn't happen as often with the single body castings coming out soon 2) The front passenger window had a manufacturing defect/bubble/crack on the edge to the point where my tint guy would not install until I had it fixed (he thought it would expand with the rimless windows constantly being exposed). Thank goodness he noticed. Then I had to wait 2 weeks for the dual pane glass to arrive to replace. Tesla at first sent me an invoice for @1800 and I was like, uh no. He "asked his manager" and then updated the invoice in the app as "paid".

Wow, that just sounds unreal. I'd be venting too. Good luck, can't to hear how this ends!

Reactions: SWIPE
They don't seem to "know" anything other than the rear drive failed. They don't seem to want to talk tech with me which is unfortunate.

Maybe if they're open when I go pick it up I can talk to someone.

I didn't ask for a loaner (i have another car) and they didn't offer either... as on Sunday they were closed when I was towed in.

Well, if that happens that's when Lemon Law starts kicking in around that time in my state.

I am not afraid to file these things.
The law is on your side for sure. I would make sure that you are fully aware of your state’s lemon law. For example, what you are experiencing would require 2 more situations of the same identical problem (3 repairs for the same thing) in my state. Lemon Law is a tricky thing. It’s not so easy to lemon a vehicle. Just be prepared for a lot of downtown is all I’m saying..

Reactions: Rally
The law is on your side for sure. I would make sure that you are fully aware of your state’s lemon law. For example, what you are experiencing would require 2 more situations of the same identical problem (3 repairs for the same thing) in my state. Lemon Law is a tricky thing. It’s not so easy to lemon a vehicle. Just be prepared for a lot of downtown is all I’m saying..

There's the 30 day test though...so if it takes 'weeks' then I can use that one.

Reactions: TriKKyOne