Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 MYP range estimate with 19” Martian wheels?

If your regen is anything like my old Prius was (and I know it's a lot more) then I wonder what your watts/mi was for the 100 miles of downhill after Donner Pass on the way home. Was it negative?

180 wh/mi from truckee to sac area. I charged for 3 min at truckee So my trip reset. 18kwh to cover 100 mi. 😁

truckee to the top of the hill (boreal) was probably 10 miles? Then 50 miles ish downhill. and another 40 to sac area.

A0923328-5EFD-4195-8CDC-4809F457A6CB.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: feslatan
So what would you say you're roughly seeing for effiency improvement with the 19's? I know you'll never get your numbers down to what a LR with Gemini's can do just because the performance motors use a little more juice.

Check out page 2. Another member put in 14k on his MYP with the stock 19” Gemini and avg 269 wh/mi.

So my 270 is pretty much the norm if u don’t have a heavy foot.

Reactions: hahler2
We have a mylr with 20" inductions and myp swapped with 20"ubers. The myp has a noticeably different engine sound than mylr, especially around 60+ mph or when you floor it where the engines or turbo kicks in with a hum or whirring sound like taking flight on an airplane. The mylr is a definitely smoother ride and a much quieter engine. I have yet to drive the myp enough to have any evidence of more efficiency with 20" m3p ubers on the myp. For a serene ride, mylr wins hands down, and for fun driving the myp wins easily. Its a noticeable change in acceleration and handling with the stiffer suspension.

What setting do you set it in the car sense we dont have 18" option?
19s but does it really matter all the tire/wheel combos come within 1/4 inch of each other (28” diameter). And I’ve noticed than when you change the setting it doesn’t change the rated miles like it used to, so what exactly does that setting actually adjust now?

Last edited:
Reactions: EvilNuff

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC