Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 MYP range estimate with 19” Martian wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If your regen is anything like my old Prius was (and I know it's a lot more) then I wonder what your watts/mi was for the 100 miles of downhill after Donner Pass on the way home. Was it negative?

180 wh/mi from truckee to sac area. I charged for 3 min at truckee So my trip reset. 18kwh to cover 100 mi. 😁

truckee to the top of the hill (boreal) was probably 10 miles? Then 50 miles ish downhill. and another 40 to sac area.

A0923328-5EFD-4195-8CDC-4809F457A6CB.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: feslatan
Btw. Here’s a little updated on my 19” Martian with 3000 miles. Avg 270 wh/mi.

Next up. I purchased a new set of 21” Uber with Michelin all season tires but square setup. All 255 size tires. So I can rotate them. This is going to be my winter set to go Tahoe and for the rainy season here if we actually get one. 😬

057828DE-D6DB-4D00-8142-0108F63DD722.jpeg

Reactions: MayorSexyTown
So what would you say you're roughly seeing for effiency improvement with the 19's? I know you'll never get your numbers down to what a LR with Gemini's can do just because the performance motors use a little more juice.

Check out page 2. Another member put in 14k on his MYP with the stock 19” Gemini and avg 269 wh/mi.

So my 270 is pretty much the norm if u don’t have a heavy foot.

• Love
Reactions: RoBoRaT and hahler2
We have a mylr with 20" inductions and myp swapped with 20"ubers. The myp has a noticeably different engine sound than mylr, especially around 60+ mph or when you floor it where the engines or turbo kicks in with a hum or whirring sound like taking flight on an airplane. The mylr is a definitely smoother ride and a much quieter engine. I have yet to drive the myp enough to have any evidence of more efficiency with 20" m3p ubers on the myp. For a serene ride, mylr wins hands down, and for fun driving the myp wins easily. Its a noticeable change in acceleration and handling with the stiffer suspension.

What setting do you set it in the car sense we dont have 18" option?
19s but does it really matter all the tire/wheel combos come within 1/4 inch of each other (28” diameter). And I’ve noticed than when you change the setting it doesn’t change the rated miles like it used to, so what exactly does that setting actually adjust now?

Last edited:
Reactions: EvilNuff
19" gemini's and driving in standard should get you the same range as a LR. Since the MYP has a lower suspension it should have less wind resistance and should get better range then the LR but chances are you won't see any difference.

I plan to swap out my 21's when I get my car and replace them with these 19" from ts-sportline. They look just like the 21's and have the lug cap. They are a little heavier then the gemini's so I am expecting something between them and the 20" as far as range. I like the look of the 21" but the tires are too expensive .

View attachment 792606
I'm just checking back to see if you did this, and what results you had. I just purchased these to replace my 21 ubertines in my MYP hopefully for range improvement.

If LR and P are on Gemini’s with same tire+tread, I would expect efficiency especially in Chill Mode to be roughIy the same considering the same 0-60mph @7.5x(ish) for both LR and P. I assume Sport vs. Normal is probably a different story… but someone please chime in if they know.

Even if rated miles changed on the display, the most important factor is wh/mi vs usable capacity as this will determine actual miles….. so if you are consuming less (on 19’s vs 21s) you can drive further.
That's been my case, am trying to track the delta. So far based on my normal daily driving routine and routes my 2022 PMY has the same efficiency as my 2020 LR AWD. I reset my Trip A as initially my wh/mi was in the HIGH 290's and suddenly at 300+ miles the wh/mi started dropping, then I remembered new tires take a few hundred miles to break in. My lifetime wh/mi was 295 on the day I swapped out the 21s for the 18s and it's staring to drop now as well. More to follow but from my perch, the 18s are the way to go for a DD.
GL3LAEb.jpg

Last edited:
That's been my case, am trying to track the delta. So far based on my normal daily driving routine and routes my 2022 PMY has the same efficiency as my 2020 LR AWD. I reset my Trip A as initially my wh/mi was in the HIGH 290's and suddenly at 300+ miles the wh/mi started dropping, then I remembered new tires take a few hundred miles to break in. My lifetime wh/mi was 295 on the day I swapped out the 21s for the 18s and it's staring to drop now as well. More to follow but from my perch, the 18s are the way to go for a DD.
GL3LAEb.jpg

down to 5%! 😬