Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 MYP Rear suspension height uneven

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, tried to google this and cant seem to find anything close to what I'm experiencing. Just took delivery three weeks ago and I noticed that the rear passenger wheel well gap is bigger than the driver's side. I compared with my friends MYP and the gap on the driver's side is the same as both of this gaps on either side. It seems like either the passenger suspension is "binding" and is not resting correctly or there's a LR spring in there and that might explain the gap. Trying to get a hold of the service center to remedy this but wanted to bounce it off you guys to see if you have hear of this. I wont mention the other "typical" issues I'm having, paint, door alignment, and finish issues. SMH.

We found the same thing on our brand new MYP when we first brought it in the shop. When the rear sway bar was disconnected the ride height leveled out. The bar was not straight, you could rock it side to side on the floor. It isn't anything to be worried about at least!
Did rocking it side to side even it out? or do you think Tesla needs to swap out my sway bar?

Did rocking it side to side even it out? or do you think Tesla needs to swap out my sway bar?
I am quite sure they will all be like that. Uneven ride height has been a common complaint since the Model 3 came out! Rocking the bar side to side was just a test to see how straight it is. We installed our coilovers on the car afterward so we just adjusted the two rear corners independently. I am not suggesting that is the solution though! It is worth noting that we have even checked aftermarket sway bars and they aren't really straight either.

I am quite sure they will all be like that. Uneven ride height has been a common complaint since the Model 3 came out! Rocking the bar side to side was just a test to see how straight it is. We installed our coilovers on the car afterward so we just adjusted the two rear corners independently. I am not suggesting that is the solution though! It is worth noting that we have even checked aftermarket sway bars and they aren't really straight either.

Go it thanks. If it was like a quarter inch off I could almost accept it. But it's a full inch higher on that side. SMH

Go it thanks. If it was like a quarter inch off I could almost accept it. But it's a full inch higher on that side. SMH
If you're handy, you can undo the swaybar endlinks and see if it helps. The other thing to note is that unless the car is on perfectly level ground the ride heights will almost never be even. Alignment racks are laser-leveled during installation for this reason!