Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 MYP w/ Replika R241 (and some questions regarding gaps leading to water ingress)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Finally picked up my MYP this weekend, loving it so far. Swapped out the wheels for some 19" Replika R241 and I think it looks pretty sweet. I'll do a larger writeup of the differences that I (definitely) could feel, but this post was more for some questions I had regarding the gaps I've found. Most of the cosmetic gaps I don't really care for, but there are a few gaps in the trunk hatch / taillight area that I have questions about. Do you think these gaps are valid concerns (NOT "in spec") and could possibly lead to water leakage or water being trapped in these nooks and crannies? Thanks.

IMG_3595.JPEG

Attachments

• IMG_3541.JPEG
    IMG_3541.JPEG
    180.3 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_3605.JPEG
    IMG_3605.JPEG
    407.7 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_3606.JPEG
    IMG_3606.JPEG
    519.6 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_3607.JPEG
    IMG_3607.JPEG
    313.7 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_3608.JPEG
    IMG_3608.JPEG
    282 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_3609.JPEG
    IMG_3609.JPEG
    277.2 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_3611.JPEG
    IMG_3611.JPEG
    235.8 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_3612.JPEG
    IMG_3612.JPEG
    237.2 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_3596.JPEG
    IMG_3596.JPEG
    511.5 KB · Views: 171
Hi all,

Finally picked up my MYP this weekend, loving it so far. Swapped out the wheels for some 19" Replika R241 and I think it looks pretty sweet. I'll do a larger writeup of the differences that I (definitely) could feel, but this post was more for some questions I had regarding the gaps I've found. Most of the cosmetic gaps I don't really care for, but there are a few gaps in the trunk hatch / taillight area that I have questions about. Do you think these gaps are valid concerns (NOT "in spec") and could possibly lead to water leakage or water being trapped in these nooks and crannies? Thanks.

View attachment 787599
I am awaiting my MYP in white, should be here in a month or so based on estimate (but who knows), hoping to get a VIN soon. Thinking about these exact wheels. How are you liking them? What tires did you go with? Hows the WH/MI?

I am awaiting my MYP in white, should be here in a month or so based on estimate (but who knows), hoping to get a VIN soon. Thinking about these exact wheels. How are you liking them? What tires did you go with? Hows the WH/MI?
Hi Tyler,
I like them a lot. So far no complaints, they look really nice. I didn't get anything fancy for the tires, I just went with ultimax RT43s (for now). I immediately noticed a difference driving back, everything felt more "muted" although the car is still decently stiff. Just felt the peaks more dampened if that makes sense. For efficiency, I didn't drive very much with the stock 21" wheels but right now my lifetime Wh/mi (3k miles) is ~267 wh/mi. That's in Portland OR, with the last 3 months of weather being around 55/60F to 92F, driving with (mostly) AC off, and randomly slamming on the accelerator because that's just too addicting!

Hi Tyler,
I like them a lot. So far no complaints, they look really nice. I didn't get anything fancy for the tires, I just went with ultimax RT43s (for now). I immediately noticed a difference driving back, everything felt more "muted" although the car is still decently stiff. Just felt the peaks more dampened if that makes sense. For efficiency, I didn't drive very much with the stock 21" wheels but right now my lifetime Wh/mi (3k miles) is ~267 wh/mi. That's in Portland OR, with the last 3 months of weather being around 55/60F to 92F, driving with (mostly) AC off, and randomly slamming on the accelerator because that's just too addicting!
Awesome, that's excellent efficiency for a MYP! Just placed my order for those same wheels through WheelWiz, looking at Nitto Motivo tires. Planning to have these ready to go for when our MYP delivers, hopefully very soon!

Keep in mind this is a performance car. Those General tires would make me real nervous....

Tesla should make a Model Y Cruiser LR Model. Big ugly wheels tires, Soft Suspension, Slow, Comfortable and Energy Saving for Winter Climates....

Geeze...

Hi all,

View attachment 787599

How are these wheels holding up after a few months? Planning to get the exact set up.