Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Power Windows Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the front right window in my car fails to go up using the auto up switch only when I click the rear left window auto up from the driver's door when the front right window is going up on auto. All the windows go up in auto if I start the rear windows first or if I activate them from the app. So, I think it might be the driver's door switch or a short somewhere in the wiring harness or the window control module should it have one. The car has 900 miles on it. I can’t wait for it to be hacked apart by the service center.

Anyone else have this issue?

So the front right window in my car fails to go up using the auto up switch only when I click the rear left window auto up from the driver's door when the front right window is going up on auto. All the windows go up in auto if I start the rear windows first or if I activate them from the app. So, I think it might be the driver's door switch or a short somewhere in the wiring harness or the window control module should it have one. The car has 900 miles on it. I can’t wait for it to be hacked apart by the service center.

I have the same issue with my 2018 and so far haven't been able to fix it. In my case I think it's damage from a previous accident. In your case it could be a software glitch if you're lucky.

Trying running the window calibration in the Service menu a couple of times and see what happens and get the service alerts afterwards to see if you get a calibration error. Didn't work for me because I probably have an issue with the window regulator or some weird wiring/electrical glitch I'll need the service center to handle.

I have the same issue with my 2018 and so far haven't been able to fix it. In my case I think it's damage from a previous accident. In your case it could be a software glitch if you're lucky.

Trying running the window calibration in the Service menu a couple of times and see what happens and get the service alerts afterwards to see if you get a calibration error. Didn't work for me because I probably have an issue with the window regulator or some weird wiring/electrical glitch I'll need the service center to handle.

I didn't see window calibration on the service menu. I did try retraining the window several times with no luck.

I didn't see window calibration on the service menu. I did try retraining the window several times with no luck.
Go to car settings > software > press and hold on your model ID for about 5 seconds > Type “service” and press ok then enable when prompted. Now press actions > and press start in the calibrate windows section and then follow the gateway unlock instructions until it says unlocked and then press start.

Make sure all doors and windows are closed before starting.

Once done check the service alerts in the Home Screen of service menu.

Go to car settings > software > press and hold on your model ID for about 5 seconds > Type “service” and press ok then enable when prompted. Now press actions > and press start in the calibrate windows section and then follow the gateway unlock instructions until it says unlocked and then press start.

Make sure all doors and windows are closed before starting.

Once done check the service alerts in the Home Screen of service menu.

Awesome, good to know. I tried it and it went through it's thing and did not work. The problem is still there. Separate question, do you think it is safe to reinstall the software? I saw that option, but it said not to unless the ECU or CAN was replaced. I was curious if that may solve my bluetooth issue.

Awesome, good to know. I tried it and it went through it's thing and did not work. The problem is still there. Separate question, do you think it is safe to reinstall the software? I saw that option, but it said not to unless the ECU or CAN was replaced. I was curious if that may solve my bluetooth issue.
Get a second opinion from others but I think forcing a software re-download shouldn’t hurt anything. From what I understand you’re telling the car to pull and flash the latest available software.

Also, I had an odd software issue that a factory reset and hard reboot fixed. Might do that prior to software download.

Did the service alerts say anything about the window or anything useful to the problem?

Get a second opinion from others but I think forcing a software re-download shouldn’t hurt anything. From what I understand you’re telling the car to pull and flash the latest available software.

Also, I had an odd software issue that a factory reset and hard reboot fixed. Might do that prior to software download.

Did the service alerts say anything about the window or anything useful to the problem?

No alerts for the windows.

My 22 Y had the same issue with the passenger front window. Service recalibrated it and it has been perfect since.