Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Q2 production Model 3 missing matrix headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My VIN is 250xxx and build date is May 5th. SA did not confirm whether it has matrix headlights or not but I’m really hoping it does….deliver is on Wednesday, May 18. Getting married in July and need a car for the wife and I so really not sure if I can afford to wait past that.
A few days prior to your marriage telj your futre wife that you're fully dedicated to her but you need to delay the ceremony a few days. Or without telling her send one of your friend to replace you hoping that she won't realize. After all you told her she would get married and may have not clearly written with who. If all those things work for Tesla it should work for you as well. Don't worry. :)

• Funny
Reactions: tm1v2 and amarchcan
I had a phone call with the SA prior to delivery date - they wanted to confirm I’m good for the appointment. At that point i casually asked when the car was built and he told me. They have it in their system.
Same here! I asked Tesla on the phone about our order as we seem to have an "older" VIN: 227xxx.

The rep was great and said the build date was 7 April. He also said "I would be very happy it has Global headlights which are the Matrix ones".

I was very happy to hear that! We pick it up tomorrow!

Reactions: E90alex
A few days prior to your marriage telj your futre wife that you're fully dedicated to her but you need to delay the ceremony a few days. Or without telling her send one of your friend to replace you hoping that she won't realize. After all you told her she would get married and may have not clearly written with who. If all those things work for Tesla it should work for you as well. Don't worry. :)
LOL - tesla is really playing with us bad.. :(

My EDD after rejecting did get moved to May 26 to June 4, so it did correct after a day. I have no new VIN yet, but you don’t go to the back of the line if you do reject.
Lucky you, after the 3 day hold our new EDD never changed. We gave it 2 days before doing a build change. Oh well! At least you're getting yours soon share with us how that goes

Lucky you, after the 3 day hold our new EDD never changed. We gave it 2 days before doing a build change. Oh well! At least you're getting yours soon share with us how that goes

Speak of the devil, we just got bumped up to 6/4-7/2

Took a trip to the Cleveland store to see if my car was on the lot. Found it, no matrix lights.

VIN 238XXX
OD 4/5/22
Build date 4/25/22

Are you going to take delivery?

Reactions: E90alex
I think I will, they're just headlights after all. Am I bummed? Sure, but it's not the end of the world.
IIHS rates both headlights as "good", but the global / projector ones have better reach toward the side on curves compared to the premium / reflector ones.

The global / projector ones also have more possible things that software can do with them, which you may or may not care about.