Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Q2 production Model 3 missing matrix headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick update took delivery 246xxx old premium headlights- put in a work order to change to Global Matrix headlights… service called and canceled my appointment, per service department unable to retrofit due to harness & hardware change. Would only replace if current premium lights not working.
Oh well still love the car 😊
All the lying SAs should be punished.

So at the centre now. Greeted with taking delivery outside in the rain. Not impressed. It has all the things that it’s supposed to have, including matrix lights. There’s about an inch of scratch on the inside of the door which they touched up. hood’s not centred which they don’t fix.
Am I crazy to think it’s a shitty touch up?
Oh ya. The SA said the touch up paint was going to expand and fill the scratch flush with the panel. I was thinking I must have “sucker” written on my forehead or sth.

Oh ya. The SA said the touch up paint was going to expand and fill the scratch flush with the panel. I was thinking I must have “sucker” written on my forehead or sth.
You may still be able to request it fixed by requesting a service appointment via the app (with pictures and description) if you are under 100 miles. Keep a record of the request via screenshots in case it gets deleted.

But note they will have to farm it out to a body shop, given if you want anything more than something applied by a touchup pen, the service centers don't have a way of doing it. You also run the risk of them making things worse (color not matching or damaging other trim if they do a full repaint) and possible long wait time.

You may still be able to request it fixed by requesting a service appointment via the app (with pictures and description) if you are under 100 miles. Keep a record of the request via screenshots in case it gets deleted.

But note they will have to farm it out to a body shop, given if you want anything more than something applied by a touchup pen, the service centers don't have a way of doing it. You also run the risk of them making things worse (color not matching or damaging other trim if they do a full repaint) and possible long wait time.
They said they won’t send it to the body shop because the paint is thin under the door jamb. Is it true? I think it’s BS but I don’t know body work enough.

They said they won’t send it to the body shop because the paint is thin under the door jamb. Is it true? I think it’s BS but I don’t know body work enough.
My understanding is you are not happy with them just doing a touchup pen, and you want them to do a respray of the area (or even whole door?), correct? If that is the case, service centers aren't equipped with paint shops to do that type of work (at least the ones I've been to, YMMV depending on your local service center).

My understanding is you are not happy with them just doing a touchup pen, and you want them to do a respray of the area (or even whole door?), correct? If that is the case, service centers aren't equipped with paint shops to do that type of work (at least the ones I've been to, YMMV depending on your local service center).
Well. They said they would only touch it up and would not send it to the body shop to fix it. Anyways.

My VIN is 250xxx and build date is May 5th. SA did not confirm whether it has matrix headlights or not but I’m really hoping it does….deliver is on Wednesday, May 18. Getting married in July and need a car for the wife and I so really not sure if I can afford to wait past that.
Just picked up my car today. Happy to confirm it has the matrix headlights. Good luck to everyone! :)

I posted this in the M3LR Waiting room, but wanted to update with another datapoint for this thread, since I was one of the original few posters when this news broke. Got assigned a vin just now- older # which is odd/interesting - 2364XX. I texted the SA number and they said they “reviewed this vehicle and believe it has the matrix headlights”. I asked two follow up questions, asking what the build date was and why the older vin number, whether it was rejected or affected by the charge port. Response back was that ‘the build month was 4/2022 but don't have visibility to anything beyond that.’. So most likely either a charge port affected car, which would be no big deal if fixed, or a rejected car, which if that is the case would be possibly a bummer and will need to look it over closely, which i was planning on doing regardless. . .

Reactions: amarchcan
I posted this in the M3LR Waiting room, but wanted to update with another datapoint for this thread, since I was one of the original few posters when this news broke. Got assigned a vin just now- older # which is odd/interesting - 2364XX. I texted the SA number and they said they “reviewed this vehicle and believe it has the matrix headlights”. I asked two follow up questions, asking what the build date was and why the older vin number, whether it was rejected or affected by the charge port. Response back was that ‘the build month was 4/2022 but don't have visibility to anything beyond that.’. So most likely either a charge port affected car, which would be no big deal if fixed, or a rejected car, which if that is the case would be possibly a bummer and will need to look it over closely, which i was planning on doing regardless. . .
You should email your delivery team. They will be able to give you the date it was made.
After I picked mine up last week I emailed two days later and they replied with the exact build date.

RWD 2405...... built on April 24th