Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Q2 production Model 3 missing matrix headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Assigned a VIN today, F269XXX. Called in and was told build date of June 1, and that it had the Matrix headlights. Am a bit suspicious about the build date being over a week ago, debating whether to reject but I suppose I can wait until delivery day to see if it looks like there's anything wrong with it.

For all of you that have received non matrix on your 22. Please tell the SC you want them installed at no charge. This will help the people on this forum who want a retrofit. The SC is refusing to do this as of now for the older cars. They state its not possible. But it's funny when a new owner turns down delivery its mysteriously possible to do the swap.

For all of you that have received non matrix on your 22. Please tell the SC you want them installed at no charge. This will help the people on this forum who want a retrofit. The SC is refusing to do this as of now for the older cars. They state its not possible. But it's funny when a new owner turns down delivery its mysteriously possible to do the swap.
There is not a single case reported of someone being able to get Tesla to do the swap (meaning Tesla swaps the lights and also updates the software config). The people that have been told to schedule to do so, had their appointments cancelled after the SC reviewed the request. Officially it is not possible and not done.

If you have examples of where Tesla actually did it, please post. Otherwise you are giving people false hope.

Note what was mentioned elsewhere of a user swapping the lights themselves and getting a technician to update the software config is another thing entirely.

hi everyone, first post. I will post my order details and timeline soon, but wanted to share this with everyone that has VIN267.
SA told me the car was built on May 30th but he wasn’t sure if it would come with matrix or premium headlights. My delivery is scheduled for June 14. Today I went to Tesla delivery location and spoke to an adviser who said my car for sure had the old premium lights. He said I couldn't see the car before my appointment because the car was at an ‘off-site’ location. Well, I drove around the block and found Tesla’s off-site location. And found my car sitting there. I didn’t take note of all the other VINs but all model 3 I saw had the new matrix lights, including mine :). I checked the car and didn’t see any issues with the paint that were obvious, but the car wasn’t perfectly clean cuz it’s been raining here these days. Pretty happy to get to see it before hand and confirm the matrix headlights (also, it has Michelin tires). M3LR black black aero

Attachments

• 0ADE1531-425E-4242-89CA-E89C19BAEEFC.jpeg
    0ADE1531-425E-4242-89CA-E89C19BAEEFC.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 163
I have a model 3 Performance on order with a scheduled delivery date range of June 13 - June 26, 2022. I will take delivery at the Scottsdale Sales/Service center. Will my car have Matrix headlights?

I forgot to mention that I don't have a VIN number assigned yet.

Thanks for all the responses!

Last edited: