Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Rear Passenger Door Loose

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday my son got in the car back seat, closed the door, and it made a horrible “clunk” noise. After we finished our drive I investigated and discovered the bolt for the upper hinge connection point has rattled loose.

I’ve had the car since early December, 5300 miles.

Anyone else experience anything like this?

I have noticed a lot more door creaking noise while driving. Wasn’t sure if it was due to cold weather, general “break in”, or a flexible chassis - still leaning towards chassis.

I was able to tighten it back up with a 12mm or 13mm socket. There is a slotted hole to allow for alignment, and I was able to keep the panel gaps pretty uniform.

Didn’t bother with a service visit because I could fix it faster than I could get an appointment set up.

Mine is an early 21 MYP and I just started hearing that rear driver's side door noise intermittently when my daughter would close it last week - actually it got to the point where it wouldn't always close properly. This morning I opened the door at saw the whole panel move when fully opened and saw that loose hinge bolt. I tightened it up when I got home and just adjusted the fit while i opened and closed the door to try to get the distance right. I'll have to check in the morning to see where that alignment hole is because I know I didn't quite get the door completely square.

Mine is an early 21 MYP and I just started hearing that rear driver's side door noise intermittently when my daughter would close it last week - actually it got to the point where it wouldn't always close properly. This morning I opened the door at saw the whole panel move when fully opened and saw that loose hinge bolt. I tightened it up when I got home and just adjusted the fit while i opened and closed the door to try to get the distance right. I'll have to check in the morning to see where that alignment hole is because I know I didn't quite get the door completely square.
I haven’t had an issue since tightening mine. I got lucky that I didn’t have to do much to get it to sit correctly in the door frame when shut. I’ve only had the issue on one door - rear passenger.

I'd probably make a service appointment for this, then without bringing it in, telling them that you tightened it on your own. That's just me.

I'd want it in their records that this was loose, just for good measure and warranty considerations. Perhaps there becomes a related problem long term. Would be good to have it documented.

Reactions: xls_