Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Refresh Model X 6 Seater Floormats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the ones from toughpro on Amazon. My wife and I really like them, and a little less expensive than the tesmanian ones. I felt the second row floormats don't fit as perfectly as I would like, but they do the job quite well otherwise.

I can at least vouch for the Tesmanian frunk mat for the Palladium Model X. Great fit, feels durable, and it looks like it could have been OEM equipment.

(speaking just as a TMC member, no connection except as a satisfied customer)

Bruce.

PS. As a side note, who at Tesla thought it was a good idea to make both the frunk and the trunk well sloped instead of flat?!? My old Model S isn't like that at all.

IMG_8722.JPG

Reactions: Miyakudude
I can at least vouch for the Tesmanian frunk mat for the Palladium Model X. Great fit, feels durable, and it looks like it could have been OEM equipment.

(speaking just as a TMC member, no connection except as a satisfied customer)

Bruce.

PS. As a side note, who at Tesla thought it was a good idea to make both the frunk and the trunk well sloped instead of flat?!? My old Model S isn't like that at all.

View attachment 806571
the front is sloped down to accommodate a better pedestrian-car crash protection (for the pedestrian). Otherwise if you wanted a less sloped frunk, you would need to raise the front bumper - and you end up with a pickup truck style front (bad for pedestrians), and probably aero.

The S/3 are less sloped due to the cabin being lower than the X/Y

the front is sloped down to accommodate a better pedestrian-car crash protection (for the pedestrian). Otherwise if you wanted a less sloped frunk, you would need to raise the front bumper - and you end up with a pickup truck style front (bad for pedestrians), and probably aero.

The S/3 are less sloped due to the cabin being lower than the X/Y

Ah sorry, I was unclear. I didn't mean the hood or any part of the car body. I meant that the "floor" of the frunk is flat on my 2015 Model S but it slopes towards the front on my 2022 Model X, as can be seen in the photo I posted. This makes it potentially more difficult to transport liquids in containers that might tip over, etc.

Bruce.

Reactions: jnericks and kchau
Ah sorry, I was unclear. I didn't mean the hood or any part of the car body. I meant that the "floor" of the frunk is flat on my 2015 Model S but it slopes towards the front on my 2022 Model X, as can be seen in the photo I posted. This makes it potentially more difficult to transport liquids in containers that might tip over, etc.

Bruce.
Oh, yeah. My 3 is sloped too.

Reactions: bmah
I’m anxiously awaiting the Lloyd Luxe floor mats that I originally purchased from Evannex for my 2017 X. I’m told they don’t precisely fit the X Refresh. These mats were absolutely amazing. I wanted to drive barefoot they were that good. I don’t think they’re available yet unfortunately but having been spoiled the standard mats now look cheap. I did grab the rear storage mat before my trade in and when the rear seats folded down on my MXP refresh (6 seater) it’s almost a perfect fit except for the driver side near the trunk which now has a side bottom compartment so the mat does not fit precise. But it will do for now. If anyone hears anything about other premium carpet mats that are made for the MXP refresh I’m all ears. My search is showing nothing right now.
I see that the Lloyd Luxe only is offerred for the 5 seater 2022. Any idea if they are planning anything for the Plaid 6 seater? I had these in my 2016 X and 5he fit near perfect and looked great. Hoping to get 5hem for my Plaid. Any comments on availability would be apreciated!

I see that the Lloyd Luxe only is offerred for the 5 seater 2022. Any idea if they are planning anything for the Plaid 6 seater? I had these in my 2016 X and 5he fit near perfect and looked great. Hoping to get 5hem for my Plaid. Any comments on availability would be apreciated!
I called them 48 hours ago. They told me the front Luxe floor mats for 2022 Model X are available (and are in fact different than the pre-refresh) but no other mats available yet because of lack of access to an actual car to take measurements. They’re in southern CA so if you are nearby please drive over so they can measure!

In the meantime I ordered the front mats. I’ll let you know how they fit in a few days when they arrive.

Edit: I see you are in Northern VA. That’s where I had my PPF and Modesta ceramic coating installed. So worth it - if you are into that sort of thing. The best shop in the mid atlantic (if not east coast) is near Dulles airport.

Adam,
Thanks, I have a few days to spare: ROAD TRIP😊! Shouldn’t take more than a day or three in my starship!
Let me know how they turn out, I plan to order the front middle, back and storage w/seats down when they have them. I have already emailed them twice asking for availability with no reply.
They don’t reply to emails. I too intend to order the remaining mats when available. I did save my other Luxe mats from my 5 seat 2017 X except the fronts (which are apparently different anyway). The second row obviously would not fit, but the frunk mat did fit and the cargo mat fits except that the small cubby hole to the left of the trunk remains exposed. It works for now and looks great until the proper mat arrives (with easy access to that cubby hole I suppose).

I just ordered the front 2 pieces because they said they would fit properly. Now if we can just get someone with a 6 seater Plaid to stop by for “just under an hour” of measurements we can both complete the ensemble. (I also found put that they no longer put the leather oval with monograms on the Luxe. I had that in my 2016, sorry they discontinued it.)

Reactions: AdamHLG
I just ordered the front 2 pieces because they said they would fit properly. Now if we can just get someone with a 6 seater Plaid to stop by for “just under an hour” of measurements we can both complete the ensemble. (I also found put that they no longer put the leather oval with monograms on the Luxe. I had that in my 2016, sorry they discontinued it.)
what r they gonna give me if i go to them to get measurements? 🤑

Undying gratitude from many Plaid owners and it will give you a chance to see first hand how great these floor rugs are🥳BUT if you do see them you will want them in your Plaid! (You might even be able to negotiate a discount for your new Luxe mats. (800) 729 -6001, I believe the name of the person I talked to was Stephanie.) These mats are really rugs, they last, are easy to maintain and will contribute greatly to the luxuriousness of your Plaid!

Last edited:
Undying gratitude from many Plaid owners and it will give you a chance to see first hand how great these floor rugs are🥳BUT if you do see them you will want them in your Plaid! (You might even be able to negotiate a discount for your new Luxe mats. (800) 729 -6001, I believe the name of the person I talked to was Stephanie.) These mats are really rugs, they last, are easy to maintain and will contribute greatly to the luxuriousness of your Plaid!
The Quilted Coffin look isn’t my thing ;)

Just to make sure folks aren’t confused by the postings. Adam and I are referring to the Lloyd Luxe mats (pix below) that are NOT the quilted rubber types. I had them in my “16 X and 6 years later they were still almost new looking. This product is expensive but is a great addition to your X. They are:

LUXE Carpet Luxury Floor Mats​

Plain Front Mats Starting At $160.00
Ultimate comfort and long-lasting luxury come together in our LUXE Carpet Luxury Floor Mats. This is pure driving pleasure, instantly upgrading any floor area with a thick, luscious, long weave that feels wonderful to the touch. A non-skid backing with a soft urethane core adds both total safety and extra cushioning while also absorbing and diminishing outside road noise.
Just one touch, and you’ll never settle for anything less. Our LUXE floor mats include:
  • Plush premium nylon yarn at 48-oz. per yard
  • Durable continuous weave that won’t come undone
  • Carpet pile depth of half an inch
  • Lifetime warranty
  • Full customization options, including 11 colors, authentic manufacturer logos, and personalized text
  • Compatibility with existing anchor points or custom Lloyd Mat slip-free hook solution
The magic touch of LUXE starts with the carpet. We’ve selected the thickest, heaviest, most luxurious yarn possible for our deluxe car mats, giving it a depth profile of half an inch so your feet really sink in.
Our deep floor mats are available for every area of your car or truck, including all three seating rows and cargo areas. If you’re looking for a custom carpet floor mat that truly reflects you and your vehicle, we’ve got a near-limitless array of personalization options. Choose from 11 stylish colors, and then add embroidered, iconic manufacturer logos or custom text as you wish.

Attachments

• E8555CCC-A25E-406C-89C0-288A14260310.jpeg
    E8555CCC-A25E-406C-89C0-288A14260310.jpeg
    429.3 KB · Views: 236
  • Informative
Reactions: Jbell
Just to make sure folks aren’t confused by the postings. Adam and I are referring to the Lloyd Luxe mats (pix below) that are NOT the quilted rubber types. I had them in my “16 X and 6 years later they were still almost new looking. This product is expensive but is a great addition to your X. They are:

LUXE Carpet Luxury Floor Mats​

Plain Front Mats Starting At $160.00
Ultimate comfort and long-lasting luxury come together in our LUXE Carpet Luxury Floor Mats. This is pure driving pleasure, instantly upgrading any floor area with a thick, luscious, long weave that feels wonderful to the touch. A non-skid backing with a soft urethane core adds both total safety and extra cushioning while also absorbing and diminishing outside road noise.
Just one touch, and you’ll never settle for anything less. Our LUXE floor mats include:
  • Plush premium nylon yarn at 48-oz. per yard
  • Durable continuous weave that won’t come undone
  • Carpet pile depth of half an inch
  • Lifetime warranty
  • Full customization options, including 11 colors, authentic manufacturer logos, and personalized text
  • Compatibility with existing anchor points or custom Lloyd Mat slip-free hook solution
The magic touch of LUXE starts with the carpet. We’ve selected the thickest, heaviest, most luxurious yarn possible for our deluxe car mats, giving it a depth profile of half an inch so your feet really sink in.
Our deep floor mats are available for every area of your car or truck, including all three seating rows and cargo areas. If you’re looking for a custom carpet floor mat that truly reflects you and your vehicle, we’ve got a near-limitless array of personalization options. Choose from 11 stylish colors, and then add embroidered, iconic manufacturer logos or custom text as you wish.
Thick carpet, in a car 😳

Received mine yesterday and (almost) everything is a perfect fit. I would highly recommend this set over all other setup available online today. Only issue I have is with the seat-back protector for the 3rd row which can't be installed yet, due to the velcro which arrived with the unit not being compatible with my car. Tesla supposedly switched the seat-back carpeting, preventing the mat from sticking back there. Cool thing is that Tesmanian is local, and their rep is scheduled to show up at my house to install directly. Glad I can help them figure this out, so other TMX owners can receive the correct velcro for this part moving forward.
Hi, thanks for your kind sharing and helping to get this sorted out for many of us.

Just wondering if Tesmanian managed to get the new velcros for yours and any new orders moving forward?

Thank you.