Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Refreshed Model S / Plaid - Cup holder too small?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2022 Model S Plaid's cup holders are too small...

While a lot of you are asking about refreshed S cup holder inserts because your cup holders are too big, I found mine has 3 little rubbers that make my cup holders ridiculously small (that it can't even fit a regular workout bottle).

Anyone has this similar factory inserts? Any idea if those factory rubber stabilizer can be taken off?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6924.jpeg
    IMG_6924.jpeg
    312.3 KB · Views: 826
  • IMG_6925.jpeg
    IMG_6925.jpeg
    387 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_6926.jpeg
    IMG_6926.jpeg
    517.4 KB · Views: 376
Reactions: Mark II

While a lot of you are asking about refreshed S cup holder inserts because your cup holders are too big, I found mine has 3 little rubbers that make my cup holders ridiculously small (that it can't even fit a regular workout bottle).

Anyone has this similar factory inserts? Any idea if those factory rubber stabilizer can be taken off?

Thanks
My 2021 didn't come with any factory rubber inserts for the cup holders, its just plastic opening. Had to buy an aftermarket ones. Without the rubber inserts, water bottles fit fine but I tend to keep mine in door pocket though.

So glad I'm not the only one struggling with this. My wife travels with a Yeti tumbler full of water, no matter how short the trip; she wedges it half way down which works, but has me nervous as I know I am one brake check or sudden acceleration away from having it dislodge. I have been searching for Model S friendly insulated tumblers for a couple.of nights now without any luck. I figured Tesla would release one, but so far no luck. If anyone comes across a solution, please let us know.

So glad I'm not the only one struggling with this. My wife travels with a Yeti tumbler full of water, no matter how short the trip; she wedges it half way down which works, but has me nervous as I know I am one brake check or sudden acceleration away from having it dislodge. I have been searching for Model S friendly insulated tumblers for a couple.of nights now without any luck. I figured Tesla would release one, but so far no luck. If anyone comes across a solution, please let us know.
So annoying that they could have such a rookie design flaw. It's a cup holder; how hard can it be? None of my normal travel mugs fit. Either it's inadequately snugged into the rubber bumpers so that getting too hard on either pedal dislodges it, or it's rammed in so hard that it won't come out.

Absolutely LOVE the car, but the horn buton and thw cup holder are very annoying.

The '21 MS refresh was supposed to come with rubber inserts for the center console cup holders...? Mine does not have that and the space is way too big for all of the bottles I have, things jiggle around, it's annoying - always use the door bottle holders. Might have to look into aftermarket inserts, apparently I have the opposite problem here.

Reactions: SoCal Buzz

Thanks
Does the rubber insert pull out? I’m sure it does, as many of our cars did not come with that, requiring aftermarket purchase.

My didn’t come with any, I bought the AOSK ones, I think Twraps resells them now too for $25.

They fit perfectly into the cup holder and caters towards a smaller bottle with the rubber nubs on the insert. My only complaint was that I was the nubs were a bit softer so they can move out of the way for bigger cups. Now I constantly have to take the insert out/put it back in depending on cup size.

I was kidding! 😧 sorry….
Oh I know, lol, it was actually really easy to start to pull it out but the top edges are tucked under the top piece and while I got much of it tucked back in, one small section seems impossible now. So it’s not adhered and can be pulled out but unless there is an easy way to disassemble the tray (and there may be) it can’t really be put back in. I’ll post a pic shortly.