Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 S LR - Constant Autopilot Safety/Convenience Features Unavailable Error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm constantly getting Autopilot Safety/Convenience Features Unavailable Error APP_w048 APP_w207 along with the annoying chime warning. Screen is not rendering speed limit signs, stop lights, cars, etc., but is rendering lane lines. I have tried everything found in this forum related to attempting to fix the issue. Service is scheduled for 4/4/2022.

Anyone else with early 2022 build seen the issue?

Also, any tricks for temporarily turning off the alarm chime. It is constantly alarming while I'm driving and just sitting still with car in park.

I'm getting the "Autopilot Temporarily Unavailable" message after the 2022.8.2 update was installed. Symptoms the same as yours - screen is not rendering signs, vehicles, stop lights, etc but lane lights are appearing as normal. Everything else seems to be working ok, though. I don't drive much (working at home the last 2 years) so the first time I noticed it was driving from LA to Santa Barbara last weekend, which was about a week after the update I think.

I wonder if cameras are recalibrating for the new version of the software or something like that? Although I have not seen any messages indicating that.

I have what the app says is an early 2022 model delivered last week of December 2021. Did not buy FSD this time, learned my lesson with the model 3.

I'm getting the "Autopilot Temporarily Unavailable" message after the 2022.8.2 update was installed. Symptoms the same as yours - screen is not rendering signs, vehicles, stop lights, etc but lane lights are appearing as normal. Everything else seems to be working ok, though. I don't drive much (working at home the last 2 years) so the first time I noticed it was driving from LA to Santa Barbara last weekend, which was about a week after the update I think.

I wonder if cameras are recalibrating for the new version of the software or something like that? Although I have not seen any messages indicating that.

I have what the app says is an early 2022 model delivered last week of December 2021. Did not buy FSD this time, learned my lesson with the model 3.
I tried recalibrating the cameras and that did not help. Two weeks ago I added this issue to a service ticket I already had scheduled for 4/4. So my car is in for service now. Unfortunately I won't get it back for another week because they are having to re-paint the hood. It had a few tiny chips which occurred in transportation to the sales center. The service center did tell me they saw my update to the ticket about autopilot, did a remote diagnosis, ordered and received a part. It's interesting that my issue did start soon after updating to 2022.8.3

I tried recalibrating the cameras and that did not help. Two weeks ago I added this issue to a service ticket I already had scheduled for 4/4. So my car is in for service now. Unfortunately I won't get it back for another week because they are having to re-paint the hood. It had a few tiny chips which occurred in transportation to the sales center. The service center did tell me they saw my update to the ticket about autopilot, did a remote diagnosis, ordered and received a part. It's interesting that my issue did start soon after updating to 2022.8.3

I don't know what the problem was, but it seems to have disappeared since the most recent update (2022.12.1)

Did the service center do anything about this? What was the outcome? thanks

Did the service center do anything about this? What was the outcome? thanks
My car is actually in for another 3 weeks for the hood repair. Body shop found some additional trim parts that had to be ordered. (It got some paint chips somehow during transportation.) Service Center plans to replace the part after they get it back from the body shop. I'll post an update when I finally get it back.

I don't know what the problem was, but it seems to have disappeared since the most recent update (2022.12.1)

Update: It wasn't completely gone. Autopilot is still sporadically unavailable, or will flicker off and on during a drive on some drives, but it seems better than it was. I am not driving enough that I really need it right now, so i guess I will let it ride until I'm planning a longer road trip.

I will be interested to hear from others that have had the same problem, and what they did about it.

The same happened today with my Model Y LR built in 2021.

Clear weather, clean cameras. I tried restarting multiple times - no luck. I’m on latest software version, updated around a week ago. Right after the update autopilot was working just fine.

I have exactly the same issue with my Model Y LR 2021. It started today. Car is clean, weather perfect.

All day, during multiple drives autosteer and autopilot are unavailable.

I tried restarting car, turning autopilot on/off in the settings - not helping.

I’m on latest software, updated about a week ago. Right after the update everything was working just fine.

Also having the same issue with a 2019 M3SR+. Mine started after I installed the 2022.8.2 update. Restarts don't help and doing a camera calibration also doesn't work.

The only thing that's worked for me is parking the car and getting out for about 5 minutes. Once I go back, autopilot is working fine again.

Reactions: Rmp_
Update: It wasn't completely gone. Autopilot is still sporadically unavailable, or will flicker off and on during a drive on some drives, but it seems better than it was. I am not driving enough that I really need it right now, so i guess I will let it ride until I'm planning a longer road trip.

I will be interested to hear from others that have had the same problem, and what they did about it.
After another week or so, it disappeared completely, and has never come back. I don't care around town, but for longer trips on the freeway out of town, it's really annoying not to even have TACC available. I have a service appointment on June 6 so we'll see what happens I guess.

I got my car back from the Service Center and the autopilot is working. My invoice shows the following:

Diagnosed and Replaced 2nd Generation Front Radar Sensor. Verified Proper operation.
Part
RADAR, SEVEN PIN PERPENDICULAR(1108647-00-H)

Well, that certainly makes sense as a cause, I hope that is what is wrong with mine too... but it's odd that the car didn't give any alerts about the radar not working (at least hasn't). In the past when I had camera problems, it would alert about that.

I got my car back from the Service Center and the autopilot is working. My invoice shows the following:

Diagnosed and Replaced 2nd Generation Front Radar Sensor. Verified Proper operation.
Part
RADAR, SEVEN PIN PERPENDICULAR(1108647-00-H)

I finally got my car into the service center. Indeed it was a failed radar on my car as well. They replaced it and everything seems to be working fine again now.

I am getting this issue more and more. Fixes itself overnight sometimes. Sometimes I can fix it with "power off" under security. For the first time it was sporadic yesterday after a "power off" - it slowly came back and things like nearby cars were flickering. I show my latest software up to date May 13 (I thought I recently had an update?).

Can Tesla mobile fix this? I could not schedule them too?

I’m also getting this same issue in my 22 m3LR after about a few months I got the error first car 100% stock… first it was random got back in the car the next day and it was fine sense then I’ve put the car on air suspension and started getting this error literally once a week sometimes multiple times a day … recalibrate cameras under service and everything Back fine every time.. I was thinking that because the car is on air and whenever I decided to air it out to the ground and eventually air back up that may have been throwing off the calibration. But then today happend , I got in the car this morning from regular drive height no air up at all and no cars or visualizations showing except street lines again .. reset the camera calibration drove about 5-10miles and everything fine again .. went and got food again never touching the air suspension got back in the car and no visualizations yet again I couldn’t believe it .. very annoying tried resetting the calibration 6 times today sense then and nothing… still yet to come back. So after reading everyone’s post now I’m now confident it wasn’t the air ride at all… just something faulty with the radar/camera I am on the latest fsd firmware that shows the new car visualizations with wheels if anyone is wondering… I’m pretty bummed cause I almost never self drive my car I live on autopilot even around town … service appointment for Friday let’s see what happens

I’m also getting this same issue in my 22 m3LR after about a few months I got the error first car 100% stock… first it was random got back in the car the next day and it was fine sense then I’ve put the car on air suspension and started getting this error literally once a week sometimes multiple times a day … recalibrate cameras under service and everything Back fine every time.. I was thinking that because the car is on air and whenever I decided to air it out to the ground and eventually air back up that may have been throwing off the calibration. But then today happend , I got in the car this morning from regular drive height no air up at all and no cars or visualizations showing except street lines again .. reset the camera calibration drove about 5-10miles and everything fine again .. went and got food again never touching the air suspension got back in the car and no visualizations yet again I couldn’t believe it .. very annoying tried resetting the calibration 6 times today sense then and nothing… still yet to come back. So after reading everyone’s post now I’m now confident it wasn’t the air ride at all… just something faulty with the radar/camera I am on the latest fsd firmware that shows the new car visualizations with wheels if anyone is wondering… I’m pretty bummed cause I almost never self drive my car I live on autopilot even around town … service appointment for Friday let’s see what happens
I've been having the same issue with my '19 M3SR+ since May, how did the service appointment go?

I've been having the same issue with my '19 M3SR+ since May, how did the service appointment go?
They moved it to July 6th at a service center instead of the mobile technician appt. However I’ve noticed the last few times I’ve parked in garages autopilot visualizations came back and self driving was working 1 time sense then I left my car outside from 8pm -930am that morning no visualizations again no autopilot . Then I drove it to a garage that I was in for literally 20-30 min after the time in the garage got in and it was working again! Haven’t driven this morning but it’s in a garage so I’m assuming it’ll work fine… like some post and YouTube videos have said I think being left in the Sun camera exposed might have something to do with the issue