Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 shareholder meeting in-person

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

reddy

Jan 26, 2013
Amarillo, TX
I entered the lottery for the in-person ticket to the 2022 shareholder meeting at the Austin gigafactory. I got the email yesterday that I was picked.

I’ve never been to one of these and had a few questions.

How long do they last ? None of the Tesla online product announcements ever seem to start on time, are the shareholder meetings run that way too?

Are there any options for factory tours by shareholders?

Is the voting by using a physical proxy card ?

How many people are attending this?

I‘d love to hear from anyone whose done this before.

I’ve got my invitation too! Very excited! This will be my first visit to Tesla! I am also thinking of driving to Boca Chica next day.

As for voting, I understand we can vote in person, but it’s way easier to vote online. That’s what Tesla recommends even for those attending the meeting. Personally I am going to vote online ahead of time.

Reactions: reddy
Important reminders for those who applied to participate in the 2022 Tesla Shareholders Meeting in-person:

1. Check your junk mail folder (my invitation ended up there)
  2. Reply to it ASAP. You have a very limited time to reply (e.g. 48 hours)
  3. Read what is being requested in your particular invitation (this may vary from one invitation to another)

I got an invitation as well. I've entered into drawings they've had for events in the past, but was never selected. From the response of other members here on TMC, and what I've seen on Twitter, it sounds like maybe they've invited a lot more than they have in the past.

I'm also curious about factory tours and other stuff that may be going on. I'm super excited about the opportunity, but starting to have second thoughts about making travel plans and rearranging schedules at work, if attending the meeting isn't much more than just watching out remotely and cutting out the unnecessary travel.

Reactions: DriveMe and reddy
I don’t know what to expect there. This will be the first “post-COVID” shareholders meeting at Giga Texas. Last year it was virtual and the factory wasn’t ready yet.

Since it is inside the factory, I assume we’ll get at least a glimpse of the factory floor if not a full factory tour. I am really looking forward to that! They will likely have Cybertruck and Roadster on display. I am not counting on any rides, but that would be awesome if they did that! Even in the Model S Plaid!

I got an invitation last night and submitted my documents. Has anyone received full credentials or confirmation everything is set? Also, has anyone started booking travel, if needed? I'm pretty excited but dont know what to do. Book stuff now or wait till they confirm?

I got an invitation last night and submitted my documents. Has anyone received full credentials or confirmation everything is set? Also, has anyone started booking travel, if needed? I'm pretty excited but dont know what to do. Book stuff now or wait till they confirm?

No response of any kind from Tesla. The Annual Report had an address to get directions, and I emailed them. I already know where the Gigafactory is, but where on Earth do we go inside ? Where is the entrance that we use?

If I hear back from Tesla IR, I will share it here.

Reactions: DriveMe
No confirmation received, but I went ahead and booked everything! :)
I am so tempted to. The planner in me is dying to book the plane ticket and hotel. At worst it'll be a little vacation for me.

No response of any kind from Tesla. The Annual Report had an address to get directions, and I emailed them. I already know where the Gigafactory is, but where on Earth do we go inside ? Where is the entrance that we use?

If I hear back from Tesla IR, I will share it here.
Thank you! I was thinking the same thing. I plan on using a rideshare so I guess just tell the driver to loop around to where all the cars are going?...

I assume they will be sending us official confirmations / tickets with additional instructions closer to the event.
I wonder if there is an agenda or itinerary before the official kick off.

What time would you all try and get there? I was thinking 2-3hours ahead. I heard Austin traffic is horrible as well.

Reactions: AltaVistaRider
My wife was selected and responded with her ID as requested. No confirmation yet but I’m confident there will be further instructions in due time. I was not selected in the drawing but I’m hopeful there may still be more selections to come as other selectees drop out for various reasons. Even if I don’t get in, we’ll still both be there and I’ll hang out with others in the area while she’s inside.

We’ll be in town that week anyways visiting family.

Maybe this will end up being the “I didn’t get in but my SO did so I’ll be in the parking lot outside for a meetup” thread?

Maybe this will end up being the “I didn’t get in but my SO did so I’ll be in the parking lot outside for a meetup” thread?
Lol, it reminds me of the Target parking lot club.

The funny thing is that my wife's IRA's are 100% TSLA, but I didn't bother entering her in the drawing and she wouldn't care in the world to attend the meeting. She does, however, want to come along with me to Austin for a little break from home.

I also got the selection email on July 8th and submitted the info requested within the window. No replies since. Would be interesting to know how many people were selected. 300? 10,000? Also hoping we can get some kind of a tour or walkthrough before the meeting. If it turns out to be nothing more than walking into a conference room and then walking out and going home, I'm not sure if it's worth going in person.

I wish they would give us more information.

Last edited:
I also got the selection email on July 8th and submitted the info requested within the window. No replies since. Would be interesting to know how many people were selected. 300? 10,000? Also hoping we can get some kind of a tour or walkthrough before the meeting. If it turns out to be nothing more than walking into a conference room and then walking out and going home, I'm not sure if it's worth going in person.

I wish they would give us more information.

Maybe when they send the credentials/tickets out they'll include some sort of agenda. I'd still like to see Austin and the plant even if it's a quick trip. From some videos I've seen online they show of the equipment that casts the chassis and there's like a visitor area. No one really posted anything about a factory view. I've been to the BMW plant in Munich and you get a pretty detailed look at the cars being built. Hopefully it's like that.