Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shareholder vote

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even when copying my homework off the smartest kid in the class I still like to double-check my answers before submitting
😋
I would have if I knew what I was copying. I was just drawing whatever the other person e was writing. 😀😜

• Funny
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
Accelerate the transition to renewable energy, as Tesla and Elon have repeatedly stated.

Others upstream of this post have given EXCELLENT reasons why the shareholder proposals just drain capital and time / energy.
I figured that would be your answer.

The mission is to maximize profit for shareholders. Anything beyond that is secondary. Like it or not, that’s how any public company operates.

So, this guy walks into a bar... tells everyone just how opposed he is to everything about how a publicly traded company runs their business for a profit, all in order to make the investors in the company pleased with their investment choice.

Then, asks inane questions to those around him about the company's Mission, somehow wishing it was more aligned with things he feels are more important than saving the whole planet and the entire human race.

Bartender looks over at him, rolls his eyes, then says to those putting up with this drivel, "just ignore him"

So, I did.

Last edited:
So, this guy walks into a bar... tells everyone just how opposed he is to everything about how a publicly traded company runs their business for a profit, all in order to make the investors in the company pleased with their investment choice.

Then, asks inane questions to those around him about the company's Mission, somehow wishing it was more aligned with things he feels are more important than saving the whole planet and the entire human race.

Bartender looks over at him, rolls his eyes, then says to those putting up with this drivel, "just ignore him"

So, I did.
That’s fine. Bury your head in the sand.

But it’s pretty irresponsible to regurgitate the garbage Musk and co. Spew with regards to “the mission”.

• Disagree
Reactions: bkp_duke
I figured that would be your answer.

The mission is to maximize profit for shareholders. Anything beyond that is secondary. Like it or not, that’s how any public company operates.
I'm confused: you said that you support proposals that clearly go beyond the mission as you define it - why? Why are you even a stockholder if the mission doesn't match your values (I'm assuming that the proposals you support align with your values)? And if your answer is that you value the opportunity to get great returns, then how do you reconcile that with your opposition to what the board is proposing. I don't follow your logic..