Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my pickup is booked for 8th February 2022, 11:00 AM.

How the hell are they going to deliver cars from Southampton to Leicester if Hyperion Ray, presumably carrying some M3LR (as Grande California is "MY only") the same day they she will dock the port? what kind of sorcery is this?

or we can expect ships coming 1 day earlier?
Yeah I have a confirmed pick up date of the 9th (M3LR), so something doesn't really stack up here?

Anyway back on the shipping front (please try and keep posts on VINS, orders etc on a more appropriate thread) GLOVIS CONDOR is loading at Shanghai South.
Also worthy of note is the fact that both PAGNA and VIKING SEA have now brought forward their ETAs for Suez by one day. As I noted at the time both their ETAs were particularly unambitious but are now marginally better.

The charts below show the latest satellite positions of the ships of interest.

Screenshot 2022-01-17 at 14.32.00.png

HOEGH TRAVELLER overtook VIKING SEA as they enterered the Straits of Malacca. Keeping the speed up whilst transiting this strait is a traditional anti-piracy measure. The straits were a notorious area for piracy for many years but the UN has finally succeeded in getting Indonesia and Malaysia to police the waters and the incidents over the last year or so have dropped sharply as a result.

Screenshot 2022-01-17 at 14.30.04.png

I'm already pretty confident that both HYPERION RAY and VIKING BRAVERY are Tesla ships.
I also believe it likely that GRANDE CALIFORNIA will be confirmed as a Tesla ship shortly.
HOEGH TRAVELLER is on a scheduled service and may have some Teslas onboard for offloading at Zeebrugge.

VIKING SEA and PAGNA remain ships of interest for the moment.

Anyway back on the shipping front (please try and keep posts on VINS, orders etc on a more appropriate thread) GLOVIS CONDOR is loading at Shanghai South.
Also worthy of note is the fact that both PAGNA and VIKING SEA have now brought forward their ETAs for Suez by one day. As I noted at the time both their ETAs were particularly unambitious but are now marginally better.

The charts below show the latest satellite positions of the ships of interest.

HOEGH TRAVELLER overtook VIKING SEA as they enterered the Straits of Malacca. Keeping the speed up whilst transiting this strait is a traditional anti-piracy measure. The straits were a notorious area for piracy for many years but the UN has finally succeeded in getting Indonesia and Malaysia to police the waters and the incidents over the last year or so have dropped sharply as a result.

I'm already pretty confident that both HYPERION RAY and VIKING BRAVERY are Tesla ships.
I also believe it likely that GRANDE CALIFORNIA will be confirmed as a Tesla ship shortly.
HOEGH TRAVELLER is on a scheduled service and may have some Teslas onboard for offloading at Zeebrugge.

VIKING SEA and PAGNA remain ships of interest for the moment.
Searching for my VIN on the MyCargo site doesn't return any results, can it pop up at a later date? Zeebrugge is going to be my cars destination (RHD going to Ireland). Are there other possible ships you are currently tracking for arrival in Zeebrugge?

Searching for my VIN on the MyCargo site doesn't return any results, can it pop up at a later date? Zeebrugge is going to be my cars destination (RHD going to Ireland). Are there other possible ships you are currently tracking for arrival in Zeebrugge?
That rules out HOEGH TRAVELLER.
I wouldn't be surprised if GRANDE CALIFORNIA heads to Zeebrugge after Southampton
Same for HYPERION RAY and VIKING BRAVERY quite frankly.
All will become a little clearer as the ships get closer to Suez.

That rules out HOEGH TRAVELLER.
I wouldn't be surprised if GRANDE CALIFORNIA heads to Zeebrugge after Southampton
Same for HYPERION RAY and VIKING BRAVERY quite frankly.
All will become a little clearer as the ships get closer to Suez.
It will indeed be interesting to see if Grande California drops Teslas at Zeebrugge, ideally it is full of RHD for UK only as EU will be supplied by GF Berlin, however....

Status
Not open for further replies.