Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...and anuvver fing...

A local correspondent emailed me to say that MORNING PEACE will dock at Haitong on Sunday.
This is confirmation of what we thought - her itinerary has been changed from Shanghai South to the main terminal in Haitong.
Unfortuneately my correspondent is still under house arrest - his words - and the easing of restrictions is not going to happen very quickly and certainly not as quickly as everyone would wish.
So where do we stand on possible Tesla ships for Southampton?.i have been paying attention, but I've lost my way with all the ships comings and goings😁

New user here. I have been following your shipping updates with interest. Thank you. I hope I haven't started the slide down the rabbit hole by installing MarineTraffic app on my phone 🙂
Which app are you guys using? I'm using MarineTraffic too but its position is lagging, and I can't sort by strictly RoRos! I understand that AIS is a limiting factor, but in this day and age we want real time movements.

Looks pretty good I guess :)

Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-20 um 08.05.50.png

If she is going to Japan then I suspect they have done a run of RHD cars. As some dates on deliveries changed today (but not all) I suspect some cars didn’t make the cut off for the ship heading out to the UK and are instead going to Japan.
That wouldn't work.
Japan uses the tesla proprietary connector so the charge port and onboard charger are different.

UK/AU/NZ/SG are RHD with CCS2 connectors that I can think of.

That wouldn't work.
Japan uses the tesla proprietary connector so the charge port and onboard charger are different.

UK/AU/NZ/SG are RHD with CCS2 connectors that I can think of.
Of course it would. They would know on the production line where the cut off time would be and would stop one spec to start another. Otherwise they would be making a load of cars for a ship that has already set sail! They would have a time frame in which to make certain cars for each market.

Of course it would. They would know on the production line where the cut off time would be and would stop one spec to start another. Otherwise they would be making a load of cars for a ship that has already set sail! They would have a time frame in which to make certain cars for each market.
Thats a daft idea,
Running production so hand to mouth. Disrupting and reconfiguring a line mid-run.
Not to mention the fun with preparing paperwork for the ship.

Far more likely to hold the ship another 12 hours and complete the run.

Reactions: Utumno
Thats a daft idea,
Running production so hand to mouth. Disrupting and reconfiguring a line mid-run.
Not to mention the fun with preparing paperwork for the ship.

Far more likely to hold the ship another 12 hours and complete the run.
They have tight quarter end requirements and part shortages so it is very “hand to mouth” right now. We will soon know what they have done and if that was the case if the next ship goes to Japan.

Reactions: Daedalus
Interesting enough I found this website which shows which vessels are carrying Teslas. Apparently RCC Europe is. Fingers crossed! With a lot is us having mid June EDD’s, I would say there is a good chance it is. Let’s just hope they are RHDs.

I'm pretty sure I highlight this spreadsheet in post no 1 each year. As a record the spreadsheet is accurate however it is not to be relied upon as an indicator that a ship will be carrying Teslas. The map should not be relied upon at all.

Reactions: DrPhlegm
Just a word about the production schedule. A shipment to Japan about now is what I would expect in a normal quarter and the indications from the shipping alone is that Shanghai is back firing on all cylinders. This is probably good news for those in Australia and Dubai. It looks to me that the decision has been made that production that has been lost is lost and will be delayed to the next quarter. We are in week 20 and production it seems has restarted with the originally planned week 20 schedule. It makes sense, but not I suppose if you are waiting for a car that was scheduled to be produced in Week 16. In which case you may be looking at a 13 week delay if your particular spec isn't run. Remember Tesla don't build to order, they will build what they want and then allocate the production to the orders they have. Tesla UK have no idea what will be loaded on to the ship and the order matching occurs whilst the ship is in transit. It's not what we are used to when buying a £50K + car from the established European brands (who aren't supplying anything at the moment!) but stick with it, it's worth the wait!

New user here. I have been following your shipping updates with interest. Thank you. I hope I haven't started the slide down the rabbit hole by installing MarineTraffic app on my phone 🙂
Oh you will! I have set up a group of useful links to help ease the waiting. I spend all available free moments in the day clicking on all of these .. TeslaUpdate | Linktree

Status
Not open for further replies.