Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ECC Europe left Tesla a couple of days ago, could this be bound for the UK Mr M, I have my fingers and toes crossed that my red M3P will be arriving soon 9and they are starting to ache). The app still says May delivery but I think I would have a chassis number by now if it is coming this month.

ECC Europe left Tesla a couple of days ago, could this be bound for the UK Mr M, I have my fingers and toes crossed that my red M3P will be arriving soon 9and they are starting to ache). The app still says May delivery but I think I would have a chassis number by now if it is coming this month.
I’d say no chance it’s on a boat if you EDD says May. Those with narrow EDDs of late June will be getting them. We can only hope another 3 or 4 boats collect and leave soon.

I’d say no chance it’s on a boat if you EDD says May. Those with narrow EDDs of late June will be getting them. We can only hope another 3 or 4 boats collect and leave soon.
What I don’t get is why the system/also doesn’t update the ones that say May to an actual believable estimate. I’d rather Tesla update my EDD to August than something I know is just blatant rubbish. At least I could plan the sale of our existing vehicle then?

Personally, I still don’t think the narrow window orders in June will stay unchanged. We’ve had a narrow June window on our order already followed by an August/September one before it reverted to the original May it still shows. Maybe the May ones are the way the system identifies those cars that will be allocated first??

Tbh, the whole EDD thing is a complete mess imho.

What I don’t get is why the system/also doesn’t update the ones that say May to an actual believable estimate. I’d rather Tesla update my EDD to August than something I know is just blatant rubbish. At least I could plan the sale of our existing vehicle then?

Personally, I still don’t think the narrow window orders in June will stay unchanged. We’ve had a narrow June window on our order already followed by an August/September one before it reverted to the original May it still shows. Maybe the May ones are the way the system identifies those cars that will be allocated first??

Tbh, the whole EDD thing is a complete mess imho.
The EDD is May as it’s not been allocated a build batch/ship yet. I honestly think they don’t know yet, so no point changing it. Or they don’t want cancellations if the flipped them all to August. Gleaming together all the data from the shipment spreadsheets. Those with narrow EDDs in june ordered in Feb. Lots of the May orders were from March. So they might be coming on the next few ships if anymore leave over the next couple weeks. Mr M will keep us updated.

Theben is leaving Singapore to Suez...

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2022-05-22 à 17.42.54.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-05-22 à 17.42.54.png
    942.3 KB · Views: 138
Reactions: E_had and Daedalus
We don’t know if it’s a Tesla ship yet. It could be coming to the UK, yet to see.

Morning Peace has left for Singapore. No evidence to suggest that she is carrying any Teslas for now. However, she is scheduled to call into Southampton after Suez. Let’s hope Horizon Leader comes into Nangang/Luchao soon🤞

Evening all! Sunday 22 May 2022 update.

GLOVIS SPLENDOR is halfway across the Arabian Sea on her voyage to Koper, Slovenia. I expect she will arrive there around 01 Jun.

Glovis Splendor Leg 2.png

THEBEN has now departed Singapore and is making her way through the notorious Straits of Malacca. These waters were until very recently notorious for piracy and regularly patrolled by Royal Navy and Dutch warships amongst others. Now the patrolling is being done very successfully by the neighbouring countries of Malyasia and Indonesia and the piracy problem here has almost evaporated. The tall sides of a RoRo make them a difficult target to board and so the pirates will tend to go for easier pickings. Anyway her ETA for Suez is 04 Jun which is pretty unambitious and easily achievable. She will then head for Zeebrugge to arrive on 14 Jun.

The THEBEN competition remains open! It's free and so don't miss out. Click HERE to enter. Nobody has entered since last night's update :eek:

Theben leg 2.png

RCC EUROPE is maintaining 17 kts on her voyage to Singapore. She is due there on Wednesday evening for a refuel. We still don't know her destination (and to be honest we won't know for sure until she departs Suez around 09 Jun) but she could make Southampton around 17 Jun.

RCC Eur Leg 1.png

MORNING PEACE has departed the Haitong terminal after 36 hours or so of loading. She is heading for a refuel in Singapore initially before setting course for Southampton (21 Jun) and Zeebrugge (23 Jun). I'm not convinced she is a Tesla vessel though. I don't intend to track her but she is on my watch list.

HORIZON LEADER remains holding offshore waiting to be called in to Shanghai South to load. Let's hope she doesn't have to wait much longer as I reckon the latest departure for UK will need to leave around Thursday or Friday at the latest to guarantee deliveries by quarter-end. That said, as someone mentioned in an earlier post, there was a shipment to Amsterdam from San Francisco in Dec 19 on our friend RCC EUROPE that arrived on 20 Dec. Everybody had to collect their car from the docks, which everyone did because there was a change in Dutch EV taxation from 01 Jan 20 that made it very worthwhile for them to do so.

Finally, I have said it before but it seems it needs repeating, Tesla have not matched orders or allocated VINS for cars on GLOVIS SPLENDOR yet and she departed Shanghai 11 days ago! So based on that knowledge I think some folk need to temper their expectations. The sole reason you are reading this thread is because you have unknowingly entered the Tesla blackout zone and will generally hear nothing until a couple of weeks before pickup day. You may think you have been waiting a long time but believe me when I say that the time from notification of collection day to collection day itself seems an eternity!

Over in Norway I note that a number of MIG MY have appeared in the 'Tesla' staging area (bottom left of picture).
I've not been monitoring the ship/rail movements into Drammen but I suspect they will have been shipped from Bremerhaven.
If anyone is interested in this, it might be worthwhile to see if AUTO ENERGY drops off some more on Thursday.

Screenshot 2022-05-23 at 10.20.54.png

Over in Norway I note that a number of MIG MY have appeared in the 'Tesla' staging area (bottom left of picture).
I've not been monitoring the ship/rail movements into Drammen but I suspect they will have been shipped from Bremerhaven.
If anyone is interested in this, it might be worthwhile to see if AUTO ENERGY drops off some more on Thursday.
There are other pictures - on them you could see the bottom left was full of Teslas. Guess some have been moved.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Over in Shanghai there is no sign of the lockdown being lifted anytime soon and there is little evidence of science being behind some of the extreme measures being imposed. This makes it difficult to measure success or predict when controls may reasonably be lifted.
Quite what will happen if one of the workers in the closed-loop regime tests positive I don't know but I suspect the reaction will be drastic. It's not an impossiblity despite strict control measures being in place and so it will be only a matter of time before it happens.
Whilst Tesla may be negotiating a second shift and relaxations here and there to ensure the factory can return to as close to normal as possible any notion that this is sustainable for any length in time is misguided. As long as the government strategy of zero-COVID remains and as long as foreign assistance with vaccinations are ignored, production from the Shanghai GF will remain sub-optimal.
The ports remain open and this week the Haitong RoRo terminal looks busier than it has been for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.