Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah so you're of the opinion that GLOVIS SPLENDOR is going on to Southampton from Koper then ?

So you're saying Glovis is going to the UK after Koper!? Controversial.. I'm sticking with Mr M on this one. RCC
It would make better sense with the timeframes given in spanish/romanian/french vin allocations, they almost perfectly follow for the time to get there (by boat or else, that remains to be seen) and with the old habit that vins are allocated near suez and not so often that early.
but that's still an asumption, of course, I may be wrong, it's just that the allocation days and the delivery timeframes of those with a vin (i completely discount timeframes with no vin that were given weeks before) match for glovis splendor + some way to get some of its cars to the UK...

It would make better sense with the timeframes given in spanish/romanian/french vin allocations, they almost perfectly follow for the time to get there (by boat or else, that remains to be seen) and with the old habit that vins are allocated near suez and not so often that early.
but that's still an asumption, of course, I may be wrong, it's just that the allocation days and the delivery timeframes of those with a vin (i completely discount timeframes with no vin that were given weeks before) match for glovis splendor + some way to get some of its cars to the UK...
Playing devils advocate, GLOVIS SPLENDOR was extremely well publicised, and lots of footage of her in various stages of loading. Not one RHD car was spotted which is a huge deflating observation. I'm still under the impression that it was intended exclusively for EU cars. RCC EUROPE on the otherhand, coinsided with mass VINS once underway, which is unofficial Tesla fashion. There's absolutely nothing on RCC EUROPE that I can find, but she does land within days of most VIN fed EDDs and the last two weeks of June. By my calcs, GLOVIS SPLENDOR if did indeed head for Southampton, would arrive about a week ahead of RCC EUROPE assumptions include 1 day at Suez and a generous 2 day stop in Koper, and continuing her average speeds to Southampton. I'm not familiar with any UK EDDs from 11th June.

Reactions: delta0 and RPA335
My date is still locked as 'July' (from a June range), which as per post #1 is a non month for Tesla deliveries. Having 'enjoyed' this particular circus 3 years ago with our M3 I have equal expectation that I could get a date at the end of June, or the end of September - we predicted which ship the last one came on, only to be told that it had a cracked roof on arrival, and we'd have to wait for a while. Which turned out to be just 24 hours as another got allocated.

I'm going with Mr M on the ships - although it seems odd that VINs are being allocated near Singapore and not Suez, a change of established practice is not out of the question - if only for the amusement of Team Tesla who no doubt count on this thread for their morning entertainment......

Reactions: Jason71
Nobody knows which ship (or ships) VINs have been pre-allocated from yet.

I'm finding it hard to believe that my own pre-allocation is from any other ship than RCC EUROPE given Mr M's shipping updates and expectations.
I'm finding it hard to believe mine is coming from any other ship than GLOVIS SPLENDOR
Playing devils advocate, GLOVIS SPLENDOR was extremely well publicised, and lots of footage of her in various stages of loading. Not one RHD car was spotted which is a huge deflating observation. I'm still under the impression that it was intended exclusively for EU cars. RCC EUROPE on the otherhand, coinsided with mass VINS once underway, which is unofficial Tesla fashion. There's absolutely nothing on RCC EUROPE that I can find, but she does land within days of most VIN fed EDDs and the last two weeks of June. By my calcs, GLOVIS SPLENDOR if did indeed head for Southampton, would arrive about a week ahead of RCC EUROPE assumptions include 1 day at Suez and a generous 2 day stop in Koper, and continuing her average speeds to Southampton. I'm not familiar with any UK EDDs from 11th June.
How do you explain the few people who have 10th June EDD? (I know, dates are made up and not firm)

How do you explain the few people who have 10th June EDD? (I know, dates are made up and not firm)
Anyone with an EDD of June 10, in England / Wales & Scotland, please step forward... I'd be interested to know what was ordered, and when the VIN was allocated. 10 June feels way too close, it's two weeks today.. Even with an open mind it's cutting things insanely tight even for GLOVIS SPLENDOR.

Which matches exactly with RCC EUROPE ETA at Southampton. Tesla make great effort to get cars to customers in short order.
Completely agree, which is why I think my vehicle is on the RCC EUROPE like I said earlier 😀 There are plenty of NEC Birmingham pickups, and it's not terribly far to ship Southampton > Brum on transporters.

Thing is, if that's the case, then I'd have expected VIN allocations for both GLOVIS SPENDOR and THEBEN to have already happened, given they were first out of the Shanghai gate.

So @popoulos's question of "when do we think VINs will be allocated from THEBEN?" becomes pretty moot; I'd expect them to have already been allocated. This then leaves only HORIZON LEADER with potentially new VINs unless there's an additional sailing as well.

My date is still locked as 'July' (from a June range), which as per post #1 is a non month for Tesla deliveries. Having 'enjoyed' this particular circus 3 years ago with our M3 I have equal expectation that I could get a date at the end of June, or the end of September - we predicted which ship the last one came on, only to be told that it had a cracked roof on arrival, and we'd have to wait for a while. Which turned out to be just 24 hours as another got allocated.

I'm going with Mr M on the ships - although it seems odd that VINs are being allocated near Singapore and not Suez, a change of established practice is not out of the question - if only for the amusement of Team Tesla who no doubt count on this thread for their morning entertainment......
Welcome back! A glutton for punishment.

Reactions: Frizzy and ME_UK
THEBEN.png

Reactions: Pajo78
Status
Not open for further replies.