Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got delivery date 11-25 June and VIN.
Sweden.

Mr M, how is this even possible? With 11 of June the car has to be on Glovis, right? And trucked all the way to the north of Sweden from Koper? Would like to have a boat to follow in your updates! 😁
The key here is 11-25. the window needs to narrow for it to be accurate. once they have a firmer date you’ll get a day/time. They will do what they can to deliver by June 30th. End of Q2. Most likely on TheBen and you‘ll recieve in the last week of June.

Regarding the July deliveries, all I can say is that at the moment there are only 4 ships on the way and nothing is on the horizon
If the last ship, HORIZON LEADER, is heading to Zeebrugge she should arrive around 24 June which is quite late and may mean that shipping connections and distances etc will cause some deliveries to miss the end of quarter deadline and so slip into July.
The idea that Tesla would stiff their Chinese customers and also score an own goal on their balance sheet by having 4500+ unsold cars in transit over a quarter-end seems a bit of a stretch in my opinion. The July deliveries can be explained by HORIZON LEADER arriving too late in the quarter.

Evening all ! Friday 27 May 2022 evening update.

Check the map here to see where all the ships are.

GLOVIS SPLENDOR Destination is Koper, Slovenia 01 Jun.
She is currently in the Red Sea and will arrive off Suez tomorrow night.

THEBEN Destination is Zeebrugge 14 Jun
She is presently crossing the Arabian Sea and is on schedule to arrive off Suez on 04 Jun
Don't forget to enter the competition! Click HERE to enter - it's free.

RCC EUROPE Destination is Southampton ETA ~16 Jun
She is making excellent time as she ploughs through the Straits of Malacca at over 18 kts. She has decided that she can make up some time and has revised her ETA for Suez to 07 Jun. Accordingly I have brought forward my ETA for her arrival in Southampton to 16 Jun. This fits in nicely to the report of her planned arrival also being 16 Jun. I think this will be the only UK shipment this quarter.

THEMIS LEADER Destination is Singapore (29 May) and Dubai (~11 Jun) Not yet a confirmed Tesla ship but looking like a prime suspect for the shipments to SIN and DXB.

HORIZON LEADER Her destination is most likely to be EU (Koper ~18 Jun or Zeebrugge ~ 25 Jun).
She has decided to run the gauntlet of the Taiwan Straits as she heads for a refuel off Singapore next Wednesday 01 Jun. The straits are unusually calm at the moment and so it is the logical choice of route. The South China Sea looks fine for the remainder of this leg of her voyage too.

We are running out of time for any future EU bound vessels and I can't identify any likely suspects.
CARRERA headed off to Japan and ARC COMMITTMENT is not the strongest of candidates.
Our last hope may be TOKYO CAR - she will probably arrive alongside Haitong at high tide around midday local tomorrow but again she's not a strong candidate although her sister ships have been chartered by Tesla in the past. We shall see......
Hello Mr. M, in Dubai, the confirmed deliveries (through SMS) have been given dates in June ranging from 7-21, 8-22 & 9-23. As these are before the estimated arrival for Themis Leader, any chance that Venus Leader has also got Tesla's? VIN assignments was just after Venus set sail from SIN. Maybe we get 2 ships on schedule?

Regarding the July deliveries, all I can say is that at the moment there are only 4 ships on the way and nothing is on the horizon
If the last ship, HORIZON LEADER, is heading to Zeebrugge she should arrive around 24 June which is quite late and may mean that shipping connections and distances etc will cause some deliveries to miss the end of quarter deadline and so slip into July.
The idea that Tesla would stiff their Chinese customers and also score an own goal on their balance sheet by having 4500+ unsold cars in transit over a quarter-end seems a bit of a stretch in my opinion. The July deliveries can be explained by HORIZON LEADER arriving too late in the quarter.
Are the July deliveries MYP? Berlin production could be confusing matters, and these could be made and sold within the month.

Good morning, the new live tracking map is available. The good news is this is now fully automated so will be kept upto date in real-time.

You can access the map here Tesla Tracker

The linktree now points the this. The existing Google app also has a link to the new location.

If you use an iPhone, you can add this to your Home Screen as an app.

A big thank you to my clever son who put this together. I take the credit that he has my technology genes……

Good morning, the new live tracking map is available. The good news is this is now fully automated so will be kept upto date in real-time.

The linktree now points the this. The existing Google app also has a link to the new location.

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/add-a-website-shortcut-to-your-iphone-home-screen/:~:text=Add a Website to iPhone,then tap the Add button.

A big thank you to my clever son who put this together. I take the credit that he has my technology genes……
That’s great work and great addition to this thread, well done 👏

Excellent work 👏
Thank you both for this brilliant map

Fantastic. Thankyou very much!!!

This is genuinely excellent. May I submit a small PR to correct the spelling of "Recieved" (to "Received"), which would help my OCD no end ?

(This might seem petty, it's not intended to be !)

Hello Mr. M, in Dubai, the confirmed deliveries (through SMS) have been given dates in June ranging from 7-21, 8-22 & 9-23. As these are before the estimated arrival for Themis Leader, any chance that Venus Leader has also got Tesla's? VIN assignments was just after Venus set sail from SIN. Maybe we get 2 ships on schedule?
It's possible that they are onboard VENUS LEADER but I still think that THEMIS LEADER is a better bet.
Those Tesla dates often slip right.

Reactions: mars101
I was told from our transport team at work who I’m getting my car from that this is the case. Because of the backlog they are going to try and deliver in July and August despite originally claiming these were months they never deliver. I guess they need to do something like this to catch up. 🤷🏽‍♂️
This would require more ships been chartered and the cars built to go on them. Are either of these things likely?

Hi Mr. M,
First of all, thanks for the daily reports, you're doing amazing work!
We recently got our vins in Israel.
Is there a way to track which one of the 4 Tesla ships will be stopping in our port (Ashdod Port)?
The EDDs are June 29-30th and some are 20-30th June. So it's hard to locate our shipment.
Really appreciate the help.

This would require more ships been chartered and the cars built to go on them. Are either of these things likely?
I’m not sure 🤷🏽‍♂️ Many other car manufacturers are struggling with parts and some seem to be far worse impacted than Tesla. So who knows there may be some spare shipping capacity. I live on the Bristol Channel and we see far less car transports than we are used too. As someone else has posted Tesla are really trying to ramp up their capacity at the plant in Shanghai. I am sure they are thinking of inventive ways to catch up on the backlog not just for Europe, but all the other countries China supply. Possibly wishful thinking but maybe they will try something new to help achieve this.

Last edited:
Reactions: MYLRToon
Hello all,

It's my first post here, been following on the sidelines for a while after ordering my M3 RWD back in February.

After checking source code of my tesla account page today, I realised that "isNotMatchedToRa00Vin" is false. There is no VIN assigned yet though.

I live in Finland, so should I expect that THEBEN might be the usual suspect here (possibly) carrying my car?

Thanks!

Hello all,

It's my first post here, been following on the sidelines for a while after ordering my M3 RWD back in February.

After checking source code of my tesla account page today, I realised that "isNotMatchedToRa00Vin" is false. There is no VIN assigned yet though.

I live in Finland, so should I expect that THEBEN might be the usual suspect here (possibly) carrying my car?

Thanks!
I think we can be quite sure that Theben VINs were already assigned and if you can't see one in your order already, then I'm afraid Q2 delivery is not very likely. I've also had "isNotMatchedToRa00Vin": false for quite some time now and did not get a VIN in the last few days, so I'm not sure if it means anything valuable.

I’m not sure 🤷🏽‍♂️ Many other car manufacturers are struggling with parts and some seem to be far worse impacted than Tesla. So who knows there may be some spare shipping capacity. I live on the Bristol Channel and we see far less car transports than we are used too. As someone else has posted Tesla are really trying to ramp up their capacity at the plant in Shanghai. I am sure they are thinking of inventive ways to catch up on the backlog not just for Europe, but all the other countries China supply. Possibly wishful thinking but maybe they will try something new to help achieve this.
Time will tell but unless they halt all future orders the only way is to clear the backlog as quickly as possible. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: WelshDriver
Status
Not open for further replies.