Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr M, please can I ask the following:

HYPERION RAY I estimate will arrive Southampton around 07 Feb and Zeebrugge 08 Feb

That seems a short turn around to get to Southampton to Zeebrugge, how long does it take to get to Zeebrugge from Southampton and how long does it take to unload the ship at Southampton, sorry if it's a stupid question.

Mr M, please can I ask the following:

HYPERION RAY I estimate will arrive Southampton around 07 Feb and Zeebrugge 08 Feb

That seems a short turn around to get to Southampton to Zeebrugge, how long does it take to get to Zeebrugge from Southampton and how long does it take to unload the ship at Southampton, sorry if it's a stupid question.
It's 10 hours from Southampton to Zeebrugge.
It know it looks tight but it's been done time and time again but it very much depends on when the ship arrives in Southampton.
The biggest issue is perhaps the locks in Zeebrugge - that can add an hour or two if you're unlucky.

Reactions: Kieron1992
The constant on the model Y VIN assignment seems to be it are all black units.
My conclusion from observing M3 LR deliveries in Poland in Q4/21 was that non-default configurations were getting their VINs and delivery dates ahead of standard configs, probably because they are less popular. But, that of course is just a guess as I have a suspicion that there's no rhyme or reason behind VIN allocation at Tesla :)
From what I see in the polish Model 3 facebook group is that some people with silver, blue etc. M3 LR already received their VINs, while others with identical order dates, but base LR configs didn't get anything. Ordered my white M3LR on November 8th and still waiting. I'm running out of patience, fortunately there's no one at Tesla I could complain to 😅

The known Tesla ships on the way at the moment are as follows:

GRANDE CALIFORNIA ETA Southampton 03 Feb, Zeebrugge 04 Feb
HOEGH TRAVELLER ETA Zeebrugge 12 Feb
VIKING BRAVERY I estimate Southampton around 13 Feb (MY shipment to UK) and Zeebrugge on 16 Feb

Their latest satellite positions are shown on the chart below. All the ships continue to enjoy good weather conditions.

Screenshot 2022-01-23 at 09.13.22.png

It's good to see that HYPERION RAY is still transmitting her AIS position, let's hope it lasts.
Don't forget to enter the HYPERION RAY competition - click HERE to enter. It's free and very easy to enter.

On my watch list I have removed VIKING SEA and PAGNA. It may be a tad too early since we still don't know their eventual destinations but if they were Tesla ships I'm pretty sure that we would have had some indications by now. The three remaining ships are all heading to Singapore and it's where they head to after that that will decide whether they remain of interest.

Screenshot 2022-01-23 at 09.12.15.png

In Shanghai, we have seen MORNING MIDAS depart to Australia. This is the first of two ships to head to Oz this week which is very unusual. The next ship will be MORNING CRYSTAL.
At Shanghai South LAKE COMO has just arrived. I have no idea of her itinerary but I'm keen to find out.

Meanwhile over at Pier 80, I'm expecting DREAM DIAMOND to dock there tonight.

Last edited:
Hello, Thank you for all this information, I have checked marinetraffic.com and saw that Viking ocean is heading towards Jebel Ali port. I have placed order on Nov 21 and I got a phone call 2 days ago from Tesla, they have updated on delivery to be within Feb. Viking ocean appears in the displayed info it will arrive 23/01/2022. Do you think it will have the vehicles on board?
Sorry I missed your question. I don't think VIKING OCEAN is your ship.

Im now able to see a EDD for Denmark. It now says 14-28th if February.
The I can assume it’s either in:
Grande California
Hyperion Ray

Probably not Viking Bravery since it should arrive in Zeebrugge around the 16th, then it’s only 10 days to delivery and I don’t think that’s possible from Belgium to Denmark?

Can’t find the vin on Hoegh website, so that’s excluded.

How can we come this any closer, can I ask Tesla ?

Im now able to see a EDD for Denmark. It now says 14-28th if February.
The I can assume it’s either in:
Grande California
Hyperion Ray

Probably not Viking Bravery since it should arrive in Zeebrugge around the 16th, then it’s only 10 days to delivery and I don’t think that’s possible from Belgium to Denmark?

Can’t find the vin on Hoegh website, so that’s excluded.

How can we come this any closer, can I ask Tesla ?
By all means do ask Tesla. Most success seems to come from using the Chat facility. If they won't name the ship, see if you can find out the date of when the car will arrive in Zeebrugge. I'm also quite keen to learn how cars get to Denmark from Zeebrugge.

Some info from Sweden: I'm following a FB group here and some people with delivery Feb 11 - Feb 25 in Gothenburg (GBG) has confirmed their VIN at Hoegh Traveller. I also have a estimated delivery time but three days earlier between Feb 8 - Feb 22 to Stockholm. I also have a VIN but with no hits on HT so I'm probably on some of the other ships close to HT I assume. My VIN is: LRWYGCEK5NCxxxxxx 2022 MY LR Grey ordered early January.

The known Tesla ships on the way at the moment are as follows:

GRANDE CALIFORNIA ETA Southampton 03 Feb, Zeebrugge 04 Feb
HOEGH TRAVELLER ETA Zeebrugge 12 Feb
VIKING BRAVERY I estimate Southampton around 13 Feb (MY shipment to UK) and Zeebrugge on 16 Feb

Their latest satellite positions are shown on the chart below. All the ships continue to enjoy good weather conditions.

View attachment 759094

It's good to see that HYPERION RAY is still transmitting her AIS position, let's hope it lasts.
Don't forget to enter the HYPERION RAY competition - click HERE to enter. It's free and very easy to enter.

On my watch list I have removed VIKING SEA and PAGNA. It may be a tad too early since we still don't know their eventual destinations but if they were Tesla ships I'm pretty sure that we would have had some indications by now. The three remaining ships are all heading to Singapore and it's where they head to after that that will decide whether they remain of interest.

View attachment 759095

In Shanghai, we have seen MORNING MIDAS depart to Australia. This is the first of two ships to head to Oz this week which is very unusual. The next ship will be MORNING CRYSTAL.
At Shanghai South LAKE COMO has just arrived. I have no idea of her itinerary but I'm keen to find out.

Meanwhile over at Pier 80, I'm expecting DREAM DIAMOND to dock there tonight.
Hiya

WuWa just uploaded a video of Shanghai South port full of Tesla's including some M-Y RHD, LAKE COMO will be an interesting watch.

Edit: about 1700 Tesla visible in video.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.