Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea whether MY will feature onboard MORNING CHORUS or not.
I will repeat that Australia are expecting their first shipment of MY to depart during the closedown though...
My model 3 performance order just got an updated ETA. From oktober-january 2023 to august 17th - 3rd of september 2022. initially, eta was May. ordered early march, delivery In Norway.

01 Jul 22 Daily Update.

So Q3 is now underway...

MORNING PEACE has now arrived in Zeebrugge. I'm not sure she will have many, if any, Teslas left onboard after unloading stops in Barcelona and Southampton. She also spent a long time loading in Southampton's Eastern Docks which makes me think her Tesla work was completed in Southampton.

Over in Shanghai the GF is now closed until 05 Jul and Model Y production will not restart until 18 Jul at which point Model 3 production will cease until 06 Aug. As a result of all this reconfiguring production should be able to increase to around 2000 MY and 1100 M3 daily.

Nevertheless it seems that Australia is finally preparing to receive a shipment of MY. MORNING CLARA which departs on 10 Jul would have previously been the likely vessel for them however GRAND MARK is also heading to BNE, PK and MEL.
There are a suprisingly high number of RoRo services scheduled to run from Shanghai to Australia over the coming weeks. It would be good to learn the Australian EDDs to nail down the possible ships. PAGANELLA remains the most likely ship for NZ.

MORNING CHORUS is almost certainly a Tesla charter and she will depart on 16 Jul and arrive in Southampton on 11 Aug and Zeebrugge on 14 Aug. I'm struggling to find any likely departures before this one and so she could be the 1st ship of Q3 to UK/EU however it's still early days!

Otherwise I'm keeping an eye on GLOVIS SUMMIT which should arrive in Shanghai around 13 Jul. She will be heading to Europe but whether it will be with Teslas onboard remains to be seen.
Thanks for the latest update. Any thoughts on any other Glovis ships? Sirius or Symphony? Also, just as a curiosity, Grand Pace and Glovis Challenge seem to have been hanging around the 'area' for weeks now and seemingly going nowhere. I'm not wishing to suggest I think this means they are Tesla ships, but seemed unusual behaviour overall.

Thanks for the latest update. Any thoughts on any other Glovis ships? Sirius or Symphony? Also, just as a curiosity, Grand Pace and Glovis Challenge seem to have been hanging around the 'area' for weeks now and seemingly going nowhere. I'm not wishing to suggest I think this means they are Tesla ships, but seemed unusual behaviour overall.
I think GRAND PACE and GLOVIS CHALLENGE are in dry dock, GLOVIS SYMPHONY is heading back up to S Korea next week and GLOVIS SIRIUS has just arrived back in S Korea from Europe. There are a fleet of about 10 Glovis vessels heading east back to S Korea from Europe at the moment. I expect them to conduct a crew change in Pyeongtaek and then be ready for a trip to Europe. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them end up as Tesla vessels. Certainly the current train of 'express' eastbounds is not something I can recall seeing before.

Daily update 02 Jul 22

The GF remains closed.

Not much to report today, except LEO SPIRIT has just departed Shanghai for Singapore.
I believe she is heading for Zeebrugge and so is now on my watch list. I estimate she should arrive in Zeebrugge around 31 July.
I emphasize that there is no evidence whatsoever that she is carrying Teslas and my gut feeling is that she won't be, (lots of other marques get shipped from Shanghai) but nevertheless I'll keep an eye on her in the unlikely event that VINS start pinging.

Otherwise, a quiet day.

Daily update 02 Jul 22

The GF remains closed.

Not much to report today, except LEO SPIRIT has just departed Shanghai for Singapore.
I believe she is heading for Zeebrugge and so is now on my watch list. I estimate she should arrive in Zeebrugge around 31 July.
I emphasize that there is no evidence whatsoever that she is carrying Teslas and my gut feeling is that she won't be, (lots of other marques get shipped from Shanghai) but nevertheless I'll keep an eye on her in the unlikely event that VINS start pinging.

Otherwise, a quiet day.
Thanks Mr M, keep up the sterling work!!

Reactions: whykay
Daily Update 03 Jul 22

Today we've seen a number of ships departing Shanghai for RHD destinations.
Firstly we saw DURBAN HIGHWAY depart to Yokohama in Japan and then GRAND MARK depart to Australia and finally POSEIDON LEADER headed off to Singapore.
I'm not suggesting that any of these ships are carrying Teslas however I will add POSEIDON LEADER to the watch list just in case and we shall see where she heads off to after Singapore. Additionally, it would be interesting to learn whether the Australian delivery dates tie-in with GRAND MARK or MORNING CLARA.

The first likely Tesla ship to Europe remains MORNING CHORUS at the moment which should depart Shanghai around 16 Jul arriving Southampton around 11 Aug.

Links of interest

Daily Update 03 Jul 22

Today we've seen a number of ships departing Shanghai for RHD destinations.
Firstly we saw DURBAN HIGHWAY depart to Yokohama in Japan and then GRAND MARK depart to Australia and finally POSEIDON LEADER headed off to Singapore.
I'm not suggesting that any of these ships are carrying Teslas however I will add POSEIDON LEADER to the watch list just in case and we shall see where she heads off to after Singapore. Additionally, it would be interesting to learn whether the Australian delivery dates tie-in with GRAND MARK or MORNING CLARA.

The first likely Tesla ship to Europe remains MORNING CHORUS at the moment which should depart Shanghai around 16 Jul arriving Southampton around 11 Aug.

Links of interest

Left hand drives being prepared for loading at Luchao.

Reactions: Toblerone and Lupin
Monday 04 Jul 22

Suddenly, without warning, nothing happened...

I have nothing to say.
The ships currently loading at Shanghai South/Luchao are all Chinese domestic traffic. Nothing that tickles my fancy or floats my boat.
It will be interesting to see where MORNING LINDA (the Drammen bound ship) loads. At the moment she is anchored as if she will be heading to the main terminal at Haitong to load. (another reason why I don't think she will be a Tesla ship).

As I said yesterday, MORNING CHORUS which will load at Shanghai South/Luchao/Nangang (all the same place) on 13 Jul is my best bet at the moment.

The wait continues.....

PS Tesla called me today about my MY order - they just confirmed delivery will be this quarter and asked how I will be paying....

Left hand drives being prepared for loading at Luchao.

What is interesting about this video is that they are parking the cars the opposite way to the way they are loaded on a ship. On a ship the driver will generally get out on the offside allowing the cars to be parked closer together without the risk of damage from doors opening/closing. The cars are parked either clockwise (RHD) or anti-clockwise (LHD). The distance between cars will have been specified by Tesla and the loading plan will be based on this. Each car will be lashed down to the deck at each wheel. In the unlikely event of a lashing breaking in heavy weather, the car will not be able to move much because it is hemmed in by others. OK the surrounding cars will be damaged but nothing like the damage that could be caused by a completely loose car which could also endanger the ship's hull or ship's systems. Individual vehicles are not accessible at sea because they are so tightly packed together. The only accessible vehicles will be the marked key cars - the cars that must be moved first to unzip the rest.

What is interesting about this video is that they are parking the cars the opposite way to the way they are loaded on a ship. On a ship the driver will generally get out on the offside allowing the cars to be parked closer together without the risk of damage from doors opening/closing. The cars are parked either clockwise (RHD) or anti-clockwise (LHD). The distance between cars will have been specified by Tesla and the loading plan will be based on this. Each car will be lashed down to the deck at each wheel. In the unlikely event of a lashing breaking in heavy weather, the car will not be able to move much because it is hemmed in by others. OK the surrounding cars will be damaged but nothing like the damage that could be caused by a completely loose car which could also endanger the ship's hull or ship's systems. Individual vehicles are not accessible at sea because they are so tightly packed together. The only accessible vehicles will be the marked key cars - the cars that must be moved first to unzip the rest.
If it helps. The video yesterday of Teslas factory car park, half of them were RHD and loading onto lorry’s. They must be heading for a ship somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.