Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just now got an update on my Tesla account with a VIN in source code and Expected delivery time: February 16 - March 02

Tesla Model Y / Long Range / Pearl White / 19'' Gemini Wheels / Black Interior
Ordered: 10th of December 2021
Expected: February 16 - March 02, 2022

Reactions: Redbull77
Open source code of your Tesla account page and search for string "vin":
if it null there is no vin assigned otherwise you will se something like LRW........
You can also download an extension for Chrome and Firefox if I remember correctly. Basically, it scans the code for you. I decided not to stress about it. I've done some research amongst M3 and MY buyers in Poland (sample of 17 and counting) and there seems to be no pattern for VIN assignment and delivery.

Example, same Model 3 Long Range configuration (base colour and configuration):
  • order date: 25.10 CASH — no VIN
  • 29.10 ext. lease — no VIN
  • 03.11 CASH — VIN assigned and visible on account
  • 08.11 ext. lease – no VIN
  • 11.11 ext. lease – no VIN
  • 16.11 ext. lease – no VIN

When I log into 'my account' where would I find a VIN (if there is one).

Two places: source code (as described above) and in the final invoice.

If you are as lazy as I am, you can download a Chrome/Brave extension called "Tesla VIN finder" that will tell you right away if you have the VIN hidden somewhere.

Note of caution tho: if you have the VIN in your source code but no invoice, then it's provisional.

Hi Its probably been posted here before but i need to ask, I had an email from my lease company and they gave me an order number from Tesla RN116408****. So what does that mean? Could it be that my M3RWD is already on one the vessels heading their way to Southampton? Or it doesn’t mean anything at all? Thanks all and I appreciate all the effort you guys are doing!

Hi Its probably been posted here before but i need to ask, I had an email from my lease company and they gave me an order number from Tesla RN116408****. So what does that mean? Could it be that my M3RWD is already on one the vessels heading their way to Southampton? Or it doesn’t mean anything at all? Thanks all and I appreciate all the effort you guys are doing!
Thats’s your reservation number or order number. Nothing else. Welcome to the waiting queue ;-)

So here are the latest satellite positions of ships positively identified as carrying Teslas:

Screenshot 2022-02-02 at 18.03.15.png

GRANDE CALIFORNIA will arrive early tomorrow morning into Southampton Western Docks. Zeebrugge probably early on Saturday.
HYPERION RAY ETA Southampton 08 Feb, Zeebrugge 10 Feb
HOEGH TRAVELLER was due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 12 Feb however she is delayed in Piraeus. She has yet to call at Livorno.
VIKING BRAVERY ETA Southampton 12 Feb Zeebrugge 16 Feb (Poss via Ashdod 05 Feb?)
SFL COMPOSER ETA Southampton around 24 Feb Zeebrugge 26 Feb

The following vessels are on my watch list - all heading initially to Singapore from Shanghai and their itineraries from there are unknown.
HELIOS RAY now heading for Suez. My ETA Southampton around 23 Feb, Zeebrugge 24 Feb
LAKE WANAKA
MSC IMMACOLATA
GRAND PIONEER
ASIAN EMPEROR currently loading at Shanghai South

Screenshot 2022-02-02 at 18.16.22.png

is it unusual to have two boats so close to each other - eg Helios Ray and SFL composer due into Southampton only a day apart?
No. It happens with ships from Shanghai. There are lots of factors enroute that can cause delays - typhoons, Suez, Singapore, N Atlantic storms etc.
I also may revise my estimate for SFL COMPOSER depending on her estimate for Suez which we don't know yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrklaw
It looks like ASIAN EMPEROR's successor at Shanghai South is lying in wait - ASIAN EXPLORER. She is a smaller than normal car carrier that I would have quickly discounted in previous years but over the last couple of quarters we have seen Tesla use these smaller vessels, so I won't write her off completely.
She has another feature that makes me think that she is unlikely to be a Tesla charter too but I'll keep my powder dry on that for the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.