Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ringaskiddy has been used by Grimaldi RoRo's for years. There is also a twice weekly scheduled service to Zeebrugge and so this could be used by Tesla in the future.
I can't see Tesla charters from Shanghai stopping here unless the shipment is 500 +. We have seen ships continue on from Zeebrugge to Amsterdam and Norwegian ports when demand dictates it, but the numbers need to be big.
Yes but there has been recent upgrades to the port for large ships. From what I understand they will move shipping to cork city to here and the city port is due to be developed/sold.

No doubt Brexit driven too better connections to France.

But yes thats my point paltry 800+ cars a year to Ireland from tesla there is demand but no service.
Lot have orders open from August/September.

Logistics and cost from Zeabrugge is never going to feasible for large numbers either.

This morning's revelation is that HYPERION RAY a ship that has been a feature of Tesla shipments to UK/EU and Israel for several quarters will dock in Shanghai on Tuesday. She will be alongside DON JUAN which is expected to load RHD vehicles bound for Japan & Australia. This looks very promising....

On the other hand HYPERION RAY may load cars bound for S Korea, do a crew change there and then return to Shanghai to do another EU run.
We shall see....

Meanwhile VIKING SEA will depart to Suez. She is quite a small ship compared to the ships Tesla usually charter. I was a bit too hasty to discount her sister ship VIKING OCEAN last quarter because of her size because she went on to deliver a shipload direct to Southampton. So VIKING SEA is on my watch list and I shall monitor the orders and deliveries thread for any VIN activity over the next few days. If she is heading for Southampton I estimate she will arrive there around 5 Feb.

Also worth noting that HELIOS RAY is now heading to Shanghai. This is another ship Tesla have chartered several times. She won't arrive there until 24th and again she may head to Korea first to conduct a crew change before returning to do an EU run.

Last edited:
This morning's revelation is that HYPERION RAY a ship that has been a feature of Tesla shipments to UK/EU and Israel for several quarters will dock in Shanghai on Tuesday. She will be alongside DON JUAN which is expected to load RHD vehicles bound for Japan & Australia. This looks very promising....

On the other hand HYPERION RAY may load cars bound for S Korea, do a crew change there and then return to Shanghai to do another EU run.
We shall see....

Meanwhile VIKING SEA will depart to Suez. She is quite a small ship compared to the ships Tesla usually charter. I was a bit too hasty to discount her sister ship VIKING OCEAN last quarter because of her size because she went on to deliver a shipload direct to Southampton. So VIKING SEA is on my watch list and I shall monitor the orders and deliveries thread for any VIN activity over the next few days. If she is heading for Southampton I estimate she will arrive there around 5 Feb.

Also worth noting that HELIOS RAY is now heading to Shanghai. This is another ship Tesla have chartered several times. She won't arrive there until 24th and again she may head to Korea first to conduct a crew change before returning to do an EU run.
So what would be your prediction on ETA at Southampton for HYPERION RAY?

Last edited:
Reactions: RichardTheKing
I’m expecting my M3LR to be on the next UK bound vessel (ordered mid Dec)

A tip of the hat to Mr Miserable for his work here. It’s much appreciated.

I find myself torn between wanting my new car asap and holding out for an early March delivery and thus a new 22reg.

Same. I reckon if they try to offer me a collection last week in Feb I’ll try to delay it to March for the reg. But any earlier than that I won’t be able to contain my excitement enough to wait I don’t think.

Mind you, I only placed my order a couple of weeks ago so I’m assuming I’ll be towards the end of March anyway.

Same. I reckon if they try to offer me a collection last week in Feb I’ll try to delay it to March for the reg. But any earlier than that I won’t be able to contain my excitement enough to wait I don’t think.

Mind you, I only placed my order a couple of weeks ago so I’m assuming I’ll be towards the end of March anyway.
I am totally the same. I ordered on 17th December and have been told it will arrive in February. I have a holiday booked at end of February, so it is going to be touch and go about whether I see my car before or after (either mid Feb or early March).

Reactions: AutomaticMan
This thread is underrated! Quick question, what changed to the model 3 that people want to get the '2022 version'? I ordered my model 3 on the 29th of December (Belgium). Anyone knows if that will get me the 2022 version and what a possible delivery date could be? First-time Tesla owner here.
Yesterday, all of a sudden me estimated delivery date dissappeared from the app.. anyone knows what that could mean?

Thanks everyone, keep up this amazing thread!!

This thread is underrated! Quick question, what changed to the model 3 that people want to get the '2022 version'? I ordered my model 3 on the 29th of December (Belgium). Anyone knows if that will get me the 2022 version and what a possible delivery date could be? First-time Tesla owner here.
Yesterday, all of a sudden me estimated delivery date dissappeared from the app.. anyone knows what that could mean?

If your order is a lease then all order details disappear from.your App account when the lease company takes over the order. Although this is confusing and frustrating because you don't get regular updates, it is a sign that your order is being progressed as it should. Your car should be a 2022 version as it will have been built in 2022. This is a bit misleading though as Tesla are constantly making improvements and issuing updates, so what is 'standard' and expected today may be different next month. There are other threads that discuss all this specifically. Hope that helps.

Same here. I ordered a M3 RWD on Dec 19th (same region) and my estimated delivery date disappeared in the app/account this weekend. I am paying cash, so no transfer of the reservation to a lease company. I hope this means the car is in production and a VIN will be assigned soon and not that delivery is postponed to May/June.

Same here. I ordered a M3 RWD on Dec 19th (same region) and my estimated delivery date disappeared in the app/account this weekend. I am paying cash, so no transfer of the reservation to a lease company. I hope this means the car is in production and a VIN will be assigned soon and not that delivery is postponed to May/June.
interesting - when I look into account - I cannot see estimated delivery date. and could see it maybe for few days after ordered.
New orders are showing March 2022 though

Last edited:
If your order is a lease then all order details disappear from.your App account when the lease company takes over the order. Although this is confusing and frustrating because you don't get regular updates, it is a sign that your order is being progressed as it should. Your car should be a 2022 version as it will have been built in 2022. This is a bit misleading though as Tesla are constantly making improvements and issuing updates, so what is 'standard' and expected today may be different next month. There are other threads that discuss all this specifically. Hope that helps.
Thank you for the reply!
However I don't go through a leasing company, so no updates on that part unfortunately.
I'll keep a closer look into it, thanks for your time!

Reactions: jmhumphreys
I hope the same here! It disappeared this weekend as well, but no idea what that means. Let's hope it means we'll get a VIN then indeed... When I ordered it, my EDD said 'May', and that was it.

I just looked, and for me, ALL versions of all the cars are available for MARCH 22. It looks like Tesla are confident that no matter your configuration, that they have enough shipping to cover the quota right now.

1641810006786.png

Status
Not open for further replies.