Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hyperion Ray should be starting her transit of the Suez canal this evening so it won't be long until we know if Ashdod is her next destination, it does seem to fit with your delivery date, but so could Viking Bravery as she is due to arrive at the Suez canal around about the 3rd Feb according to marine traffic

Meanwhile on the shipping front, it's worth mentioning that GRANDE CALIFORNIA has about 36 hours in Southampton this week which is longer than I expected. She is not due to depart to Zeebrugge until 12:00 on Friday which means by the time she negotiates the lock in Zeebrugge she won't be alongside there until the early hours of 05 Feb.
HOEGH TRAVELLER is currently in the Suez Canal - next stop Piraeus (Athens). She is still on track to arrive in Zeebrugge on 12 Feb at the moment but delays in Piraeus are not unusual.
HYPERION RAY has slowed further - she is down to a leisurely 12kts and has about 110NM to go to the canal entrance. It looks very much like she has a transit booked for tomorrow morning. If that's the case her ETA for Southampton is likely now to be around 08 Feb but that is very dependent on whether she is going for a sprint finish or going to continue in Eco mode. Then, there is the still unconfirmed rumour that she will call in Ashdod, Israel first....
To be honest, I think we would have found out by now if that was going to happen and the Ashdod port plan looks pretty full at the moment, so I am inclined to disregard it.
VIKING BRAVERY continues to be on time for an ETA at Southampton of around 12 Feb. She is booked into Zeebrugge on 16 Feb. She could be the Ashdod vessel and if so would arrive there around late 04 or 05 Feb. It could explain why she doesn't arrive in Zeebrugge until 16 Feb.

Here's their latest satellite positions:

Screenshot 2022-01-30 at 10.17.32.png

The following ships are "ships of interest". These are ships that departed Shanghai that could be carrying Teslas and are possibly heading to Europe.
They are in 2 groups.
In the first group only SUNRISE ACE (ETA Zeebrugge 17 Feb) and GLOVIS CONDOR remain. If GLOVIS CONDOR were to be heading to Ashdod she would arrive around 08 Feb although we don't know where she is heading to or even if she is carrying Teslas at the moment.

Screenshot 2022-01-30 at 11.29.51.png

The second group of suspects is of 4 ships currently in the South China Sea all heading for Singapore.
It looks like we may have to wait and see where they depart to from Singapore to see whether they remain of interest.

Screenshot 2022-01-30 at 11.33.45.png

In Shanghai, I'm keeping an eye on GRAND PIONEER -she should replace MSC IMMACOLATA at Shanghai South. We don't know where the MSC ship will head to but my records show that she went to South Korea when she last visited Shanghai two months ago. That's not a reliable indicator, by the way. GRAND PIONEER is a Glovis vessel that Tesla have chartered in the past - again not a reliable indicator but it does make me look closer.

The HYPERION RAY competition is now closed. The winners will be announced here next Saturday as soon after midday UTC as I can manage.

My next daily update will be tomorrow evening....

Not sure, Ashdod port looks good, a little better than Southampton. I guess we will see for sure after the ship will reach Suez and we can see final destination.

View attachment 762143View attachment 762144
Delays at Southampton have reduced markedly. Most of the delays now are confined to container vessels only.
If you have a slot allocated, which GRANDE CALIFORNIA has, and you turn up on time, there is a very good chance of no delay.
The situation will change for Tesla ships in Southampton when the cruise ships return in spring because they are, quite rightly, given priority.
Don't expect to dock a RoRo in the Western Docks at a weekend is the message.

Reactions: BatteryJuice
SFL COMPOSER is confirmed to be carrying Tesla cars as seen from Wu Wa's video!
I spotted a fair few RHD cars waiting beside the vessel. Anyone know an easy way to distinguish an M3 from an MY in Wu Wa's footage?

Best I can tell, the middle column of vehicles next to SFL COMPOSER are RHD MYs.

Edit: Ah, answering my own question. Overhead footage clearly shows the difference - M3 rear window is not tinted, MY is completely black. There are RHD MYs in that queue.

Steve

Last edited:
Well, I now have have my MY vin confirmed. Delivery date is still at this launch event in Anglesey….. spoke to tesla rep today and they said that they didn’t have a clue what that was. Even the centre manager was confused.

SFL COMPOSER is confirmed to be carrying Tesla cars as seen from Wu Wa's video!
That's super helpful of Wu Wa. Thanks for the CNY gift 🤣. Shame he isn't able to do this for all suspect ships. I've often wondered whether he could do this and save lots of speculation. How far is Giga Shanghai from the port? Would he have to travel far to capture the dockside footage? This could be quite a lucrative sideline for him 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: MoSkeeto
Status
Not open for further replies.