Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think the ship will drop the Tesla destined for the Italian market at the port of Livorno or is it just a technical stop?
No.
Teslas are dropped at either Koper or Zeebrugge generally and distributed from there.
This is not a Tesla ship - she is carrying tractors, bulldozers and other RoRo cargo and some Teslas to Zeebrugge. I suspect she is carrying cars that missed the Q4 shipments for some reason.

Hi Mr M, I see on Marine Traffic Hyperion Ray and Viking Sea amongst other vessels awaiting transit through the suez canal. There are no vessels using the canal at the moment, and haven't been for some time. Is this due to tides?
The canal can't accomodate free-flowing two-way traffic for its entire length and so ships are formed into convoys organised so that the convoys can pass each other at designated places. There is a daily northbound convoy which departs at 4am and a southbound convoy which departs at 03:30. (They can sometimes squeeze in an extra southbound convoy). A transit takes about 12 - 16h to complete the 100 mile journey. Unlike Panama there are no locks. It costs about $250,000 in fees to transit. There are usually 2 Suez pilots onboard each ship. In my experience the Panama pilots are experienced, professional and provide a great service but that can't be said for the Suez pilots I've encountered. The role the Suez pilots played in the EVER GIVEN incident appears to confirm my opinion. It's estimated that no less than 120,000 workers died in the construction of the canal. The canal was improved a few years ago but it needs (a lot) more investment to make it worthy of 21st century. There have been plans, dusted off as a result of the EVER GIVEN debacle, for alternatives to the canal eg oil pipelines and rail links but even if they do come to fruition the canal will still be necessary.

Description of WuWa video:

"At the time of my video upload, the SFL COMPOSER had sailed out of Shanghai's Luchao port on the 28th, bound for Singapore. It was filmed at noon on the 28th, just as the sky was raining and snowing, and the drone was flying tenaciously in the air and recording the moment. We can see from the aerial footage that the square of the car array full of Teslas parked next to a building in the port before has been emptied, but there are more squares of Teslas in the northwest as well as in the south, which will also be shipped overseas, and a ship named MSC IMMACOLATA is being loaded today (the 30th). Apparently, during the Chinese New Year, the Tesla is being delivered one by one in a relay race of ocean liners, so for those of you who ordered, your Tesla will be in your hands soon. Finally, Happy Chinese New Year to everyone!"

Seems like SFL COMPOSER has mostly RHD car onboard (sad continental-europe noises), as per the latest WuWa video. Well visible in 2:20 onwards with white steering wheel covers clearly visible.
You fail to consider the total number of cars that will be loaded on to the ship. We only saw a fraction of them. The ship will have loaded about 3500 over the 2 days it took to load. We saw the final stages of loading and on the basis of 'last in, first out' (not always the case) it looks like a RHD port will be the first stop to unload.

Status
Not open for further replies.