Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any insight into why some UK October orders have not been allocated delivery dates? I ordered only a few hours after orders opened and was offered a car for the 19th Feb. I asked for it to be held until 1st March,but of course they reallocated it. I was told delivery would now be in March with 3 to 4 weeks advance notice,but I haven't had the delivery text. However they do seem to be scheduling deliveries from 1st March onwards, so why wasn't mine early in the queue?
Your order has been physically 'Held' which means it's not gone into the Tesla order Queue. Come the 1st of March your order will be released, however you'll now be at the back of the queue behind orders placed between the 19th Feb - 1st March. Which.. means you'll likely be taking delivery in May/June

Your order has been physically 'Held' which means it's not gone into the Tesla order Queue. Come the 1st of March your order will be released, however you'll now be at the back of the queue behind orders placed between the 19th Feb - 1st March. Which.. means you'll likely be taking delivery in May/June
This is why I placed a new order instead of trying to get my existing one rescheduled

TA said on the phone that the last known location for my car was still in China. I assume now that it is on the Glovis Condor since the Viking Bravery is long gone and the car is not yet at the port. I should get a more precise delivery date in the next few days.

The delivery timeframe has moved 2 days (because of the storms I imagine); now it says Feb 20 to Mar 03, so up to 10 days after arrival at the docks for anyone's reference.

Does anyone have any insight into why some UK October orders have not been allocated delivery dates? I ordered only a few hours after orders opened and was offered a car for the 19th Feb. I asked for it to be held until 1st March,but of course they reallocated it. I was told delivery would now be in March with 3 to 4 weeks advance notice,but I haven't had the delivery text. However they do seem to be scheduling deliveries from 1st March onwards, so why wasn't mine early in the queue?
Join hundreds of others smart enough to refuse reg before March.

Reactions: STORMSM3
I'm having some doubts about MORNING CARINA actually being a Tesla ship.
I think I will move her to the watch list until we see some evidence that she is definitely carrying Teslas.
She is certainly heading to both Southampton (12 Mar) and Zeebrugge (14 Mar) and she might have some Teslas onboard but I don't believe she is a Tesla chartered vessel.

Last edited:
I'm having some doubts about MORNING CARINA actually being a Tesla ship.
I think I will move her to the watch list until we see some evidence that she is definitely carrying Teslas.
She is certainly heading to both Southampton (12 Mar) and Zeebrugge (14 Mar) and she might have some Teslas onboard but I don't believe she is a Tesla chartered vessel.
I was told by TA when I did a test drive on Saturday that mine is on MORNING CARINA with ETA to Southampton on 9 Mar. My current delivery window in Tesla order page shows 15-29 March delivery

I was told by TA when I did a test drive on Saturday that mine is on MORNING CARINA with ETA to Southampton on 9 Mar. My current delivery window in Tesla order page shows 15-29 March delivery
I always suspected mine was on MORNING CARINA, and it turns out could be true. It gives me something to follow and it fills in that 'blank' no comms period! :)

Last edited:
This is why I placed a new order instead of trying to get my existing one rescheduled
I had mine on order since NOV (as soon as expected date hit March). When I went in to see Tesla reps in person, I was told that I can hold the account for 2nd half of March, OR I can match hold until the 2nd half of March.

There's an important distinction. When you account hold, it will be like ordering when your account unholds. You will join the queue. When you MATCH HOLD, your account will remain active, but there will be a flag to KEEP YOU IN QUEUE, but, others will be matched before you until they know a vehicle matches you after your hold date. So for me, I knew I wanted a March delivery because it coinsides with bonus, I have my electrics being done at the start of March including scheduled charge point, then I'm away for work 2nd week in March. With this in mind, Tesla match held me for the 15th March since November. I'm grateful that I kept my place in queue, and that puts me right at the front for a match, and sure enough, now have a delivery date of the 21st - 31st which probably coinsides with a shipment.

Just handy info if anyone in my position. Cancelling order and re-ordering completely resets the counter and puts you at the website expected date.

• Informative
Reactions: jmhumphreys
I know this has been answered somewhere in 102 pages of posts but I can’t find it anywhere.

Does anyone know the average turnaround time for UK orders from docking at Southampton to delivery/collection?
Depends where you're collecting from. Nearer the collection point the sooner.

Few days.

For me, if GLOVIS SYMPHONY comes in on schedule on 17th March, Tesla really do not like to keep cars in stock for any period of time. I have collection estimated between 21st and 31st. This exactly fits. Think 17th is a Thursday, so the Monday sounds completely feasible. The extra 10 days allows for hold ups and delays / staggered collections.

Reactions: jmhumphreys
found her!!!

1645447995881.png

like looking for Wally..... amongst Wallys....

:D 😆😁

(last recorded position 2 hours ago)

Depends where you're collecting from. Nearer the collection point the sooner.

Few days.

For me, if GLOVIS SYMPHONY comes in on schedule on 17th March, Tesla really do not like to keep cars in stock for any period of time. I have collection estimated between 21st and 31st. This exactly fits. Think 17th is a Thursday, so the Monday sounds completely feasible. The extra 10 days allows for hold ups and delays / staggered collections.
Thanks. I have collection on the 9th March from Birmingham NEC, although that’s now changed to delivery for the same day as it’s company car lease.

RCC Amsterdam ETA is 6th so it may be on that

Status
Not open for further replies.