Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello folks, first a big thank you to Mr M, your posts are incredibly valuable !
Just two questions : how much time does it takes for a ship to unload once arrived at Koper ?
How much time does it take for the cars to reach France ? My car is onboard RCC CLassic and I would like to know when it is supposed to be delivered at the Strasbourg SC.
Unfortunately I don't know the answers to either of your questions.
The unloading time is very dependent on the number of teams employed to do the unload and the distance the cars have to drive to their allocated parking. Both these factors vary from port to port and so it's difficult to generalise.
Likewise the delivery from port to delivery location is dependent on lots of variables than I'm not sighted to.
What I can say however is that 20 Sept last year I was driving from Strasbourg to Metz and I overtook a transporter loaded with Model 3s that had been unloaded from TRITON ACE that arrived in Koper on 14th Sept.
Hope that is of some help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael C
GLOVIS CHORUS stopped briefly off Brixham earlier to pick up a Brixham pilot. She is now back on course for Zeebrugge.
There is an article here on what a Brixham pilot does.

Screenshot 2022-03-11 at 00.06.26.png

Unfortunately I don't know the answers to either of your questions.
The unloading time is very dependent on the number of teams employed to do the unload and the distance the cars have to drive to their allocated parking. Both these factors vary from port to port and so it's difficult to generalise.
Likewise the delivery from port to delivery location is dependent on lots of variables than I'm not sighted to.
What I can say however is that 20 Sept last year I was driving from Strasbourg to Metz and I overtook a transporter loaded with Model 3s that had been unloaded from TRITON ACE that arrived in Koper on 14th Sept.
Hope that is of some help.
Thank you for your reply, yeah it helps to see a bit clearer :)

GRAND DOLPHIN unloading Koper, Slovenia.
GLOVIS CHORUS is now approaching Zeebrugge.
MORNING CARINA is now in the English Channel. She will arrive alongside Western Docks tomorrow mid-morning to unload her RHD Teslas but will then move across to the Eastern Docks on Monday evening for some other business before departing to Zeebrugge on Wednesday evening. ETA Thu 17 Mar
GLOVIS SYMPHONY will soon pass to the north of Malta enroute to Southampton (ETA PM Wed 16 Mar) and then Zeebrugge (prob Fri 18 Mar).
RCC CLASSIC She is heading to Koper, Slovenia ETA Tue 15 Mar. I am assuming at the moment that this will be her final destination.

Screenshot 2022-03-11 at 17.20.18.png

Thank you for your kind reply good sir
Do someone knows how much time they need (after the unloading) to ship the cars to France ? Does 3 days sound reasonable ?
My M3 was in GRAND PIONEER which docked in Zeebruge on March 4th. Cars arrived at Tesla Mulhouse yesterday and we picked up our car this morning 😊 so 6 days from docking to arrival at Tesla Service Center, at least for my car.

Hi All, Just joined having lurked for a month or so. As a devoted BMW fan for some time I find myself selling my beloved 70 plate 320d and have ordered a M3LR thru my work Sal Sac scheme. I’m excited and nervous at the same time.

I’ve been given an estimated collection date of 25/03 from Southampton. I don’t suppose you think mine would be on Morning Carina?

Hi All, Just joined having lurked for a month or so. As a devoted BMW fan for some time I find myself selling my beloved 70 plate 320d and have ordered a M3LR thru my work Sal Sac scheme. I’m excited and nervous at the same time.

I’ve been given an estimated collection date of 25/03 from Southampton. I don’t suppose you think mine would be on Morning Carina?
It is. Mine is, and I have same date as yours. Also a BMW fan, I own a 520d.

Anyone with a 259 vin (I have a source code one, not an official one) with any delivery/pick-up information yet? My location is Norway with an estimated delivery of 21-31 March. I've had the unofficial vin for quite some time, and I'm curious on where the 259 cars might be at this point.

Hmm I'm wondering which ship my MY is on - I was thinking it was on the Glovis Symphony as I had a delivery date of the 21st and was told it wouldn't be possible to get it sooner/pick it up as it only arrives on the 18th however I just had a text saying it will be delivered on the 18th - Is the turnaround from arrival (Mr Miserable predicting afternoon of the 16th) to delivery that quick or would it be on the Morning Carina?

@Mr Miserable it seems your second prediction for RCC Classic was right. She is heading to Zeebrugge. Is it a wrong report? Or is it right? I think it means my delivery date will not be respected.
View attachment 779803
Yes I've seen that and I don't understand it.
She is definitely booked to arrive into Koper on 15 Mar - they are expecting her.
Remember though this RCC CLASSIC we are dealing with - you may recall she was geographically challenged the other week when she rounded India and headed off towards the Gulf instead of towards Suez. She was only about 120NM off course before someone woke up and made the correction.
I wonder if I should run a competition to see how far she goes before changing course to Koper!
Anyway, It's going to be interesting to see where Captain Calamity leads us to - watch this space!

I got surprised as well by the ETA on the 19th for Zeebruges.
I hope she's heading for Koper still and that someone forgot to update the destination accordingly !
The problem is that the ETA looks good for Zeebrugge. It looks perfectly feasible.
She's still showing on the Koper port schedule as arriving there on Tue 15 Mar.
We shall see....

Reactions: LegendaryName
Status
Not open for further replies.