Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered M3 LR MSM Black Aero on 18th Feb.

For those who have ordered recently and getting a bit sketched out by the constant vagaries of the EDD; my delivery date changed an awful lot over the first four weeks or so (not daily, but not far off). I've been as close as April, but as far away as August.

I've been sat on May 21 - June 18 for a good 2 to 3 weeks now. I'm getting quietly confident that that's my slot. But who knows? I love small violin music either way, inject it into my veins.

I've calmed down on binging source code, almost burned right through the LRW buttons on my keyboard. However, as soon as that ship leaves the port, I know I'm gonna fall off the wagon!

Good luck to all in what is essentially the worlds most expensive raffle. I hope you get your cars soon (maybe ever so slightly after I get mine [and Snowy gets his] ;)).

I ordered a M3 RWD Red Aero (Germany) on 14 Feb and the delivery date has never changed from 'August 2022'. I see most people get specific dates assigned, is it normal for the site to only show a month with no dates?
I ordered M3LR Blue/Black 18's in mid March. The only date I've seen on my account since then has been 22 May to 19 June - despite it showing November 2022 in the configurator. It's still showing that today, hoping it stays that way. Maybe it's just a different way of displaying it in Germany? Tbf, it is a 1 month window which is the same for me/others, if that helps!

Also, I heard that the lockdown in Shanghai is expected to last at least until Wednesday 6 April. Anyone else hearing anything to corroborate or say otherwise?

I ordered M3LR Blue/Black 18's in mid March. The only date I've seen on my account since then has been 22 May to 19 June - despite it showing November 2022 in the configurator. It's still showing that today, hoping it stays that way. Maybe it's just a different way of displaying it in Germany? Tbf, it is a 1 month window which is the same for me/others, if that helps!

Also, I heard that the lockdown in Shanghai is expected to last at least until Wednesday 6 April. Anyone else hearing anything to corroborate or say otherwise?
Not seeing 6th yet but do see the extended closure for today and tomorrow Tesla extends Giga Shanghai shutdown due to worker shortage amid lockdown

For those of us waiting on delivery scheduled for this quarter particularly those with a date mainly in May. What are the chances "our" cars have already been built and thus will not be so affected by the shutdown? I appreciate the general state of affairs in Shanghai could still affect shipping as could not having a full ship load ready.
Sorry if this has been discussed already but there are rather a lot of pages here.

Reactions: DrPhlegm
For those of us waiting on delivery scheduled for this quarter particularly those with a date mainly in May. What are the chances "our" cars have already been built and thus will not be so affected by the shutdown? I appreciate the general state of affairs in Shanghai could still affect shipping as could not having a full ship load ready.
Sorry if this has been discussed already but there are rather a lot of pages here.
I was wondering the same, but I guess issues with the ports may now compound things further even if the cars themselves are already built?

Could there be any ships that left alot earlier from Shanghai that have the May cars with them? Im thinking about Titus that left Shanghai Mar 6 and will arrive in Zeebrugge tomorrow or Morning Pride that left Shanghai Mar 8 and will arrive in Zeebrugge on the 8th of April?

My guess - there may be a few built already but they would be at the factory rather than at the port. Majority of those at the factory would no doubt have been pushed out on the local market to try to book sales for the end of quarter the same way those in stock here were. As a result it will be a wait until there's enough to be worth shipping available I'd expect which would have been the case anyway so hopefully if the shutdown isn't too long it shouldn't affect things too much - Tesla will no doubt want to make sure ships have cars available on schedule to avoid extra costs

I think this is possible. Mine is still showing May 3-31.

Yeah I bet they have a lot of already made cars, with some being stuck at port (maybe) and some still on factory floor (definitely). Of cours, those cars would’ve been earmarked for those with late April/Early may and each hour and day that goes by, they are recalculating when they might be able to load them up. I have a 22 May to 19 June so I’m not sure if mine was already made or even partially made. But I just hope that doesn’t get pushed out.

They may have plans to overproduce in the next few weeks to make up for the loss in productions. But as others have commented, the shipping lines will also be a problem to factor in.

I have ordered an M3 RWD in white/black int. 18’s. 7/2/2022
Been told by tesla that there isn’t a date they can give me, even an estimated one. My lease broker said the date was taken off so I would get. Match quicker (hasn’t worked out to date). Anyone ever heard of this? I was advised that matches are done as the edd approaches. Seems strange there is no date on my account. When I ordered it said estimate end of March, guessing it’s more May June now. Concerned though that I am not even given and EDD.
Thanks.

I have ordered an M3 RWD in white/black int. 18’s. 7/2/2022
Been told by tesla that there isn’t a date they can give me, even an estimated one. My lease broker said the date was taken off so I would get. Match quicker (hasn’t worked out to date). Anyone ever heard of this? I was advised that matches are done as the edd approaches. Seems strange there is no date on my account. When I ordered it said estimate end of March, guessing it’s more May June now. Concerned though that I am not even given and EDD.
Thanks.
Same zen told me end of March now saying May, they did say this is what Tesla are telling them

Reactions: platham
Status
Not open for further replies.