Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Easily possible if a ship leaves in the 1st week of May.

Not really, ships take about four weeks to do the journey. After that the cars have to be unloaded, checked, charged, clear customs etc, moved to where they're being delivered from and "unpacked" (i.e. all the protective stuff removed).

So overall about four and a half to five weeks from leaving China to getting into a customer's hands if they're collected from the docks.

It might just be possible someone to take delivery on the 30th May from a ship leaving on the 1st, but it's very tight and any delay will push it into June. Once we get past about the 3rd then forget it.

Not really, ships take about four weeks to do the journey. After that the cars have to be unloaded, checked, charged, clear customs etc, moved to where they're being delivered from and "unpacked" (i.e. all the protective stuff removed).

So overall about four and a half to five weeks from leaving China to getting into a customer's hands if they're collected from the docks.

It might just be possible someone to take delivery on the 30th May from a ship leaving on the 1st, but it's very tight and any delay will push it into June. Once we get past about the 3rd then forget it.
It’s going to be tight but even the 1st is a week away. I’m sure we’ll soon find out.

It’s going to be tight but even the 1st is a week away. I’m sure we’ll soon find out.
Easily possible if a ship leaves in the 1st week of May.

No, it will not happen to get delivery in may.
Mr Miserable will tell you when the ship is leaving.
I trust him way more than the tesla TA:s.. They really don’t know anything and just tell white lies.

Reactions: MrMoonUK
... cars have to be unloaded, checked, charged, clear customs etc, moved to where they're being delivered from and "unpacked" (i.e. all the protective stuff removed).
I hate to spoil any illusion but this is a Tesla you a waiting for.
Checked? 10 mins at most including the wash down. The cars are straight from the factory - they haven't been sitting on a disused airfield or at the docks for months on end.
Charged? Nope. Will be delivered to you with about 30% charge normally
Customs? All done online now. A bar code is read and 'ping', job done.
Unpacked? What protective stuff? You will see where the keycards were taped to the interseat console for transit.
Longest time is spent fitting the registration plates - do check they are correct, front and back.

Checked? 10 mins at most including the wash down. The cars are straight from the factory - they haven't been sitting on a disused airfield or at the docks for months on end.
Unpacked? What protective stuff? You will see where the keycards were taped to the interseat console for transit.
Longest time is spent fitting the registration plates - do check they are correct, front and back.

But still…. I hate to spoil the illusion for some people here that belive they will get a delivery in may.
Probably same people that belives in Santa Claus and Teslas TA:s word. Same illusion and lies

Reactions: MrMoonUK
Actually there is some protective stuff - they have something on the trim, there were the photos of tesla's on car transporters and people thought they were older stock as it looked like they had chrome trim but it was actually the white protective film over the trim.

Checked? 10 mins at most including the wash down.
Snowy will save them 2 minutes and 42 seconds. I'm insisting they don't wash. I'd rather do it with love, care and without brillopad on my own drive.

On topic....

Still not ruling out something eyeballing Southamption for end of MAY. My app still confident from May 27. I'm confident that by this time next month folks will have VINS and watching an imminent ship with collection date.

Hang in there.

Checked? 10 mins at most including the wash down.

The cars are straight from the factory - they haven't been sitting on a disused airfield or at the docks for months on end.
Unless they are the cars that were finished and parked up at GIGA Shanghai before the Covid lock down. Not that it matters greatly........just sayin'
:)......possibly a few more swirls from the thicker dust:oops:

• Disagree
Reactions: Jonte73

I know it’s hard and everyone wants to cling on to the slightest bit of positive news but we have to be realistic and accept that no teslas will be collected in May. Which just leaves June before end of Q2. Could be a mad rush to try and salvage some sales in that short time. There isn’t even a sniff from Mr M on any boats docking in Shanghai. Clock is ticking !!

Reactions: Snowy77
I know it’s hard and everyone wants to cling on to the slightest bit of positive news but we have to be realistic and accept that no teslas will be collected in May. Which just leaves June before end of Q2. Could be a mad rush to try and salvage some sales in that short time. There isn’t even a sniff from Mr M on any boats docking in Shanghai. Clock is ticking !!
I am half expecting the call that says can you collect your car from Southampton at 23:55 on the 30th June instead of the NEC? if you can't we will give it to someone who can and you will have to wait until August/September.....

• Funny
Reactions: Raj2022
Who currently has EDD sooner than 27th of May? I think this is basically our place in the queue. Probably first batch will be delivered for people with 27th of May EDD
Not me, Still got 9th June to 30th June for my estimated delivery. Just checked again now.
model y delivery date.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.