Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree strongly. The tea leaves here are suggesting to me that the UK may receive no shipments at all this quarter, if those vehicle builds were in a GF “blackout” week.
Based on shipments from previous quarters I think we still have every chance of at least one or maybe even 2 ships to the UK this quarter. All hope is not lost as long as the GF can continue to produce.

Oh you will! I have set up a group of useful links to help ease the waiting. I spend all available free moments in the day clicking on all of these .. TeslaUpdate | Linktree
Thank you, @Frizzy for the bookmark page. Made it a lot easier for all of the resources by opening each link in new tabs and checking. Hope you can re-instate the Dubai ships. Another link to add is probably Tesla Prep which gives an overview as well and checklist when taking delivery of the car (when that ship eventually comes).

Reactions: Pajo78 and Frizzy
Based on shipments from previous quarters I think we still have every chance of at least one or maybe even 2 ships to the UK this quarter. All hope is not lost as long as the GF can continue to produce.
That is a lot less miserable than I was expecting!

We’d have to have those vehicles shipped by next Friday though, in order to realistically make end-of-quarter deliveries, right?

Reactions: Frizzy
Quite a few have had their dates moved back to July, this is pretty unusual for Tesla given their usual mantra of delivering everything in the quarter. Maybe they've given themselves some wriggle room/facing up to the inevitable if things are too tight even for Teslas attitude of throwing cars at customers before the boat is properly moored. I think the point about writing off certain weeks rather than delaying may be true, as much because Tesla will want to get back onto its usual 3 month cycle, but there could still be more cars in the flow that they'll build out of the way, as much as anything to resync the supply chains for region specific parts.

Reactions: Kingpopsy
PROMETHEUS LEADER has docked in Drammen, Norway and has disgorged a variety of vehicle types around the port and on the quayside and so it is difficult to see whether any MIG MY have been shipped from Bremerhaven. I'm not looking for hundreds as we would see from a MIC shipment which would make them more obvious. Sadly the 'usual' Tesla compound looks like it it has some construction work going on and so does not appear to be in use.

Screenshot 2022-05-20 at 10.08.39.png

• Informative
Reactions: XHabjab
Quite a few have had their dates moved back to July, this is pretty unusual for Tesla given their usual mantra of delivering everything in the quarter. Maybe they've given themselves some wriggle room/facing up to the inevitable if things are too tight even for Teslas attitude of throwing cars at customers before the boat is properly moored. I think the point about writing off certain weeks rather than delaying may be true, as much because Tesla will want to get back onto its usual 3 month cycle, but there could still be more cars in the flow that they'll build out of the way, as much as anything to resync the supply chains for region specific parts.
Or it's just a psychological trick, as it's easier for you to accept a June EDD has been moved to July, rather than them announcing straight a Q3/September push. We'll see if next month those new July dates get gently pushed to August and then September... probably a way to damper cancellations out of disappointment as well.

Just a word about the production schedule. A shipment to Japan about now is what I would expect in a normal quarter and the indications from the shipping alone is that Shanghai is back firing on all cylinders. This is probably good news for those in Australia and Dubai. It looks to me that the decision has been made that production that has been lost is lost and will be delayed to the next quarter. We are in week 20 and production it seems has restarted with the originally planned week 20 schedule. It makes sense, but not I suppose if you are waiting for a car that was scheduled to be produced in Week 16. In which case you may be looking at a 13 week delay if your particular spec isn't run. Remember Tesla don't build to order, they will build what they want and then allocate the production to the orders they have. Tesla UK have no idea what will be loaded on to the ship and the order matching occurs whilst the ship is in transit. It's not what we are used to when buying a £50K + car from the established European brands (who aren't supplying anything at the moment!) but stick with it, it's worth the wait!
Thanks! After having no delivery date in Dubai on my app from ordering in Jan, it gave an EDD for May-Jun just after Dugong Ace left Shanghai the first time on 28-Apr. Next when it left again on 14-May, the EDD was updated immediately to May-2022. Hopefully, it is true and not a weird coincidence. Anyways, will know when she sails soon

Or it's just a psychological trick, as it's easier for you to accept a June EDD has been moved to July, rather than them announcing straight a Q3/September push. We'll see if next month those new July dates get gently pushed to August and then September... probably a way to damper cancellations out of disappointment as well.
If the EDD is showing as July and they are still requesting payments then it must be a way to stop cancellations.

If the EDD is showing as July and they are still requesting payments then it must be a way to stop cancellations.
My father’s EDD for his new M3 RWD is May 2022 and Tesla’s account page is requesting payment.

There’s literally no known way that a May delivery is happening (he hasn’t been allocated a car or arranged a collection date).

I don’t think the EDD and payment request parts of the account are necessarily joined up the way we assume they are.

Like others have said, I think there is a default EDD added to an order, at the point order which we're aware off as we put the order in. When a more up to date EDD is sporadically available it'll show that, but in the absence of it, will default back to the original.... until Tesla come along and change the original date.

Reactions: RPA335
Shanghai is back firing on all cylinders

Trying to figure out if that figure of speech is a good thing ... or not :D

The tea leaves here are suggesting to me that the UK may receive no shipments at all this quarter

I think that as long as folk still have narrow date range EDDs for end of June then Tesla is still expecting to fill those slots - i.e. the Customer's order is either aligned with a production batch, for which there is a ship booked, and it will get to UK in time ... or has already been built and is in the transport schedule.

With Shanghai disruption their data may not be accurate, so subject-to-change, but for anything to arrive at end of June it kinda needs to have left already, so numbers destined for UK should be known by now, and thus a surprise that and End-June specific date hasn't yet been pushed back.

Quite a few have had their dates moved back to July, this is pretty unusual for Tesla given their usual mantra of delivering everything in the quarter.

I think that too. What if there is a stock of parts of RHD UK parts, waiting for some other Part before car can be built?

Do you keep the stock for next quarter, or do you clear the warehouse (once the other parts arrive) and schedule a boat "out of sequence" to get the cars to UK in July?

However, I think if that was the case the July date would be more specific (by now) ... but "Waiting for some other parts to arrive" might still be a total unknown if supplier-situation is not yet resolved ...

Reactions: delta0
I talked to Tesla this morning. I don't have an EDD (ordered in Feb), because it is via a lease company. The advisor was very helpful and said that they are expecting a ship to arrive in the UK in June, but as we know, they have literally no idea what will be on it. Whilst I accept that the UK team rarely know anything more than the learned members of this forum, I guess it is another piece of empirical evidence that RCC Europe or another ship soon to depart, is heading for our shores. I am less confident that it will be a source of excitement for me personally, but time will tell.

I talked to Tesla this morning. I don't have an EDD (ordered in Feb), because it is via a lease company. The advisor was very helpful and said that they are expecting a ship to arrive in the UK in June, but as we know, they have literally no idea what will be on it. Whilst I accept that the UK team rarely know anything more than the learned members of this forum, I guess it is another piece of empirical evidence that RCC Europe or another ship soon to depart, is heading for our shores. I am less confident that it will be a source of excitement for me personally, but time will tell.
Haha - I’m in the same situation as you, ordered early Feb through company lease with no EDD. I also called Tesla today to request a a delivery update (my date is still unavailable, so no EDD) and the advisor told me the opposite that it doesn’t look likely a ship will depart for June arrival. I’ve taken their guidance with a pinch of salt as there isn’t a consistent response from one day to the next.

“I’m with a lease company and called them/Tesla and they told me…” are not shipping movements.

Please can we stop with them already?!

If I want a work of fiction there are better stories available out there….
That was a little bit of context. The shipping element was that they are now expecting a ship in the UK mid to late June. As I said, felt like potential empirical evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.