Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My bad, I do actually remember reading that part of the summary.

Is there any explanation as to why the ETA of Thebens is changing so drastically though? Are they doing the updating manually?

mod comment: updated for clarity
It is not an ETA produced by the ship. The ship has posted an ETA of 14 Jun. The variable ETA is produced by the mapping program that uses the distance to go and current speed to calculate a likely ETA. It's particularly useful if a ship is being delayed by weather for example otherwise it can cause misunderstandings.

Reactions: Terek and Toblerone
Does anyone have any information on the reports coming out today of lots of eu export vehicles stranded on or near the docks in Shanghai due to a lack of cargo ships?

If this is indeed true, does this give some hope to July and august deliveries, breaking the trend of quarter end delivery rush at least for q3?

Evening all. Sunday 05 Jun 2022

Another quiet one.

Google Map of ship locations

THEBEN Due to arrive Zeebrugge 14 Jun. She has departed the Suez Canal and is now in the Mediterranean and the next stop will be Zeebrugge. She is due to arrive at 01:00 on 14 Jun and so she doesn't need to increase speed by much for it to appear like she will arrive on 13 Jun. The weather for the reminder of her voyage is looking OK, perhaps a little lumpy in the Bay of Biscay, but otherwise fine.

RCC EUROPE I expect her to arrive in Southampton ~17 Jun. She is now entering the Red Sea. She'll keep her speed up until she is in less dodgy waters further north. (Keeping her speed up is one of the best measures to prevent illegal boardings, not that her sheer slab sides are that inviting to pirates). This is the 3rd time Tesla have chartered this ship - she did a Pier 80 to Zeebrugge run in Feb 19 (the 4th Model 3 shipment to the EU) and did the famous Pier 80 to Amsterdam run in Dec 19 where customers had to collect their cars straight from the quayside (a change in Dutch tax law created a spike in demand - cars had to registered by 31 Dec to avoid a big tax increase and the ship arrived on 20 Dec)

The RCC EUROPE competition will close on Wednesday! Suprisingly few entries considering the number of people with their cars onboard. Enter NOW.

HORIZON LEADER I believe she is heading to Koper ETA ~18 Jun. She has rounded the southern tip of Sri Lanka and sea conditions will have eased a little too. This is also the 3rd time that Tesla have chartered this ship - she previously did a Pier 80 - Zeebrugge run in Jan 21 and a Shanghai to Southampton run last November.

Over in Norway it's very frustrating that the webcam covering the port of Drammen is not updating. I feel pretty sure we might have seen some MY from Berlin being unloaded from PROMETHEUS LEADER.

Links of interest

Does anyone have any information on the reports coming out today of lots of eu export vehicles stranded on or near the docks in Shanghai due to a lack of cargo ships?

If this is indeed true, does this give some hope to July and august deliveries, breaking the trend of quarter end delivery rush at least for q3?
There was a story being bandied around a week or so ago that Tesla had bought up all the available ships. It might have some credibility but it was used an excuse why their (MG?) wouldn't be delivered on time.

I have noticed quite a few empty ships crossing the Indian Ocean heading for the Far East. There must be a reason for that....

Last edited:
Thanks for the good evening reports! It will be really interesting to see what these empty boats are for. Hopefully it is a way to get the exports up for an excellent Q3 for Tesla.

Is there any chance that VINs from Horizon Leader has yet to be matched with orders or do you guys think that Q2 is a done deal when it comes to this for EU now?

Thanks for the good evening reports! It will be really interesting to see what these empty boats are for. Hopefully it is a way to get the exports up for an excellent Q3 for Tesla.

Is there any chance that VINs from Horizon Leader has yet to be matched with orders or do you guys think that Q2 is a done deal when it comes to this for EU now?
I think it likely that HORIZON LEADER will supply Southern Europe, if that answers your question.

I know it’s not adding much to the debate but I’ve gone from fervent post reader to leisurely map watcher thanks to whoever made “that” map.

Thankyou very much. It’s hugely appreciated.

I have an icon on my iPhone (which makes it behave like an app in its own right) and with a tap my EDD Anx’ is calmed once more.

: up

Attachments

• AD95F440-1DB2-4343-8E0F-44971EE7673D.jpeg
    AD95F440-1DB2-4343-8E0F-44971EE7673D.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 73
  • Love
Reactions: Frizzy and Utumno
It looks like the PULAU TIOMAN may be calling in to Shanghai South tomorrow. She usually does the Yokohama run for Tesla and so this would be the 2nd (poss 3rd) shipment to Japan this quarter. Japan has certainly provided a big surge of orders this year, it was previously seen as an almost impenetrable market with Japanese brand loyalty proving hard to overcome.

It looks like the PULAU TIOMAN may be calling in to Shanghai South tomorrow. She usually does the Yokohama run for Tesla and so this would be the 2nd (poss 3rd) shipment to Japan this quarter. Japan has certainly provided a big surge of orders this year, it was previously seen as an almost impenetrable market with Japanese brand loyalty proving hard to overcome.
Possibly some excess RHDs that end up being delivered to Japan instead of the UK so they can make it in time for quarter end? Or are the specs different?

Last edited:
Evening all. Sunday 05 Jun 2022

Another quiet one.

Google Map of ship locations

THEBEN Due to arrive Zeebrugge 14 Jun. She has departed the Suez Canal and is now in the Mediterranean and the next stop will be Zeebrugge. She is due to arrive at 01:00 on 14 Jun and so she doesn't need to increase speed by much for it to appear like she will arrive on 13 Jun. The weather for the reminder of her voyage is looking OK, perhaps a little lumpy in the Bay of Biscay, but otherwise fine.

RCC EUROPE I expect her to arrive in Southampton ~17 Jun. She is now entering the Red Sea. She'll keep her speed up until she is in less dodgy waters further north. (Keeping her speed up is one of the best measures to prevent illegal boardings, not that her sheer slab sides are that inviting to pirates). This is the 3rd time Tesla have chartered this ship - she did a Pier 80 to Zeebrugge run in Feb 19 (the 4th Model 3 shipment to the EU) and did the famous Pier 80 to Amsterdam run in Dec 19 where customers had to collect their cars straight from the quayside (a change in Dutch tax law created a spike in demand - cars had to registered by 31 Dec to avoid a big tax increase and the ship arrived on 20 Dec)

The RCC EUROPE competition will close on Wednesday! Suprisingly few entries considering the number of people with their cars onboard. Enter NOW.

HORIZON LEADER I believe she is heading to Koper ETA ~18 Jun. She has rounded the southern tip of Sri Lanka and sea conditions will have eased a little too. This is also the 3rd time that Tesla have chartered this ship - she previously did a Pier 80 - Zeebrugge run in Jan 21 and a Shanghai to Southampton run last November.

Over in Norway it's very frustrating that the webcam covering the port of Drammen is not updating. I feel pretty sure we might have seen some MY from Berlin being unloaded from PROMETHEUS LEADER.

Links of interest

Is Morning Peace now off the watch list?

I know it’s not adding much to the debate but I’ve gone from fervent post reader to leisurely map watcher thanks to whoever made “that” map.

Thankyou very much. It’s hugely appreciated.

I have an icon on my iPhone (which makes it behave like an app in its own right) and with a tap my EDD Anx’ is calmed once more.

: up
Glad to hear you like the map! There is also a useful set of links to get into and check whilst waiting :) here TeslaUpdate | Linktree

95% sure PULAU TIOMAN is for bringing a lot of the RWDs to Japan! I wanted to take delivery early July due to my schedule however Tesla said no. Must take delivery by June 30 (end of Q2) to hit them quotas.

People are getting their delivery dates 6/24-6/29

@Mr Miserable Just an observation. Someone on the forums just had a VIN (UK) assigned in their source code from their Aug-Oct EDD to a June EDD now. I could be wrong but I am sure RCC Europe VINs were appearing around Singapore (Not sure how to check, VINs were allocated about the 25th May). Morning Peace has just left Singapore also. Could just be a coincidence and the VIN was allocated due to a cancellation on RCC Europe. I guess we will have to see if there are a flurry of VINs over the next day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Miserable
@Mr Miserable Just an observation. Someone on the forums just had a VIN (UK) assigned in their source code from their Aug-Oct EDD to a June EDD now. I could be wrong but I am sure RCC Europe VINs were appearing around Singapore (Not sure how to check, VINs were allocated about the 25th May). Morning Peace has just left Singapore also. Could just be a coincidence and the VIN was allocated due to a cancellation on RCC Europe. I guess we will have to see if there are a flurry of VINs over the next day.
I have a august to October delivery. How can I check source code ?

Status
Not open for further replies.