Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning Peace is not confirmed and is unlikely to be carrying UK Tesla's. That was from a French Forums reposted here, not the UK. Please refer to MrM's daily shipping report posted in the shipping thread.
I was inelegantly directing the OP to search the forum and read back a little rather than make everyone repeat the same conversation again ;)

So is Morning Peace definitely believed to be carrying Teslas? To Southamton?
First question: Yes. My LHD M3P going to Bordeaux for pick-up is definitely on Morning Peace. Second question: I don't know but others who apparently do, say no. My information was for Mr M to assist with his thread which covers multiple country deliveries.

Reactions: s88ats and JOL1
First question: Yes. My LHD M3P going to Bordeaux for pick-up is definitely on Morning Peace. Second question: I don't know but others who apparently do, say no. My information was for Mr M to assist with his thread which covers multiple country deliveries.
Then it's also possible my M3P is on this ship and not Horizon leader. Maybe they have started using Barcelona for Spain/France/Portugal.

How do you explain the flurry of 'pick up' texts on the 29th and 30th June?

Maybe the first wave of VIN a few weeks ago filled slots from the 20-28th. This next batch are filling the remaining. People collecting in Newcastle also were giving 29th-30th only. Morning Peace now gets there on the 29th, that would mean they would need to be unloaded on the 29th at Southampton, travel up to Newcastle, prepped and ready for collection on the 29-30th. Sure that's not possible?

You're collecting yours from Bristol on the 29th, surely you couldn't collect a car from Bristol on the same day it unloads in Southampton.

I would be surprised if they were on Morning Peace. I hope my thinking is wrong and more people are getting cars than just RCC Europe which would be amazing, but I'm not convinced.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toblerone
Apologies, for clarity my "No" was specifically directed at people thinking MORNING PEACE is carrying RHD Teslas for the UK (OP asked Southampton, specifically)

I have absolutely no idea whether MORNING PEACE is carrying Teslas for the continent of Europe, but @Mr Miserable seems to think not.

Apologies, for clarity my "No" was specifically directed at people thinking MORNING PEACE is carrying RHD Teslas for the UK (OP asked Southampton, specifically)

I have absolutely no idea whether MORNING PEACE is carrying Teslas for the continent of Europe, but @Mr Miserable seems to think not.
I didn't think your message was directed at me - I was answering a specific question to someone else. Mr M asked people who spoke with their contacts at Tesla to provide any information they receive on delivery ships. That's what I'm doing.

Attachments

• tesla_delivery.JPG
    tesla_delivery.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 121
Reactions: JOL1 and Utumno
Hi, would like to provide some information:
From The Netherlands and EDD changed from May 2022 to June 14-28 with a VIN in the source code.
Spoke to Tesla sales and they confirmed a hard match, so now waiting on the sms/text with the exact pickup date.
@Mr Miserable
Just received a text with licenseplate and VIN. Now waiting for a exact pickup date. Car was registered last Friday.

Reactions: Hurricanezzz
Maybe the first wave of VIN a few weeks ago filled slots from the 20-28th. This next batch are filling the remaining. People collecting in Newcastle also were giving 29th-30th only. Morning Peace now gets there on the 29th, that would mean they would need to be unloaded on the 29th at Southampton, travel up to Newcastle, prepped and ready for collection on the 29-30th. Sure that's not possible?

You're collecting yours from Bristol on the 29th, surely you couldn't collect a car from Bristol on the same day it unloads in Southampton.

I would be surprised if they were on Morning Peace. I hope my thinking is wrong and more people are getting cars than just RCC Europe which would be amazing, but I'm not convinced.
Yeah, I think it says Morning Peace gets in late on the 28th, unloads in the night. It does sound crazy I must admit, but this has already been the most random car buying experience I've had so far 🤣

Hi All
I'm still away on my 'vacance'.
I'm currently nursing a hangover that would kill an ID3 driver.
Despite that, I'm looking forward to repeat the process again this evening.

THEBEN will arrive in Zeebrugge tomorrow. She may have some RHD for Ireland onboard but most will be LHD for mainland Europe.

RCC EUROPE She will arrive in Southampton on 17 June. I know the port schedule has her arriving on the 16th but I can't see her making that. I'm expecting her to unload completely here. The results of the RCC EUROPE competition will be announced in about 30 mins or so, soon after 12:00 UTC.

HORIZON LEADER will arrive in Koper on 18 Jun. Again this will be a full unload. She should navigate the Suez Canal tomorrow.

MORNING PEACE I'm now persuaded that she is carrying Teslas onboard, although I think she may have other types onboard too. She is heading initially to Barcelona on 23 Jun. There have been many rumours about Tesla using Barcelona sometime in the future and it looks like the future is 23 Jun. She then heads to Southampton on 29 Jun and Zeebrugge 01 Jul. Clearly many UK deliveries and all the Zeebrugge cars will spill over to Q3 - this is not a deliberate Tesla policy but a result of MORNING PEACE suffering a breakdown just after departing Shanghai necessitating a week's delay as repairs were carried out in S Korea.

I'm not expecting any more 'Tesla' ships for UK/EU to depart Shanghai until July which will mean no further deliveries until August (unless the cars arrived on the ships named above).

You can see HERE where all the above ships are currently located.

I'm heading off to another Cave de Vins for a 'tasting'. See you in Q3!

Last edited:
RCC EUROPE competition.

The results are in!

We didn't have a direct hit in this competition.
At 1200z today the ship was located in Grid Square P3 and within its Minor Square 19

The closest, and therefore the winning, entry was @Davva (P3 15) who was just 48 NM off target. (Distance measured from the centre of the chosen square to the ship's position at midday)
In 2nd place was @R5 Red Five (P3 18) who was a mere 72 NM off target.
In 3rd place was @MattJ (P3 18) who chose the same square, but later.

Congratulations to all, but there isn't so much as even a cuddly toy to win!

Some trivia for you:

The most popular Major Square was N2
The most popular Minor Square overall was 17
If you had chosen that combination, which which 3 people did, you would have ended up 643 NM off target.

Yeah, I think it says Morning Peace gets in late on the 28th, unloads in the night. It does sound crazy I must admit, but this has already been the most random car buying experience I've had so far 🤣
Definitely unique, but thats Tesla for you.

Buying the Model Y feels exactly like buying my model S in 2015.

I think its because its mostly done online and you have visibility on the estimated dates which yoyo like crazy.

Thing is, I reckon 70% of buyers dont even bother to check the EDD. My business partner didn't care less and was pleasantly surprised by a text to say select your pickup date just 6 weeks after ordering a Model 3 !!

The 30% of us who for whatever reason obsessively login and check for delivery, maybe Tesla should adopt a much broader approach and put you in quarters with a decent explanation.

Maybe their "algo" should only really move you into the next quarter when the shipping window for export closes.

Therefore you will only end up pleasantly surprised if you get a VIN match to a cancellation after you were bumped to the next quarter.

I also think that if they had the ability to put a status update next to the EDD it would save SO MANY phone calls. I feel sorry for the delivery team having to answer the same questions over and over again.

Poisoned chalice this. Everyone will be second guessing whether they can see parcel shelves or mobile connectors.

Then we’ll have to go round the parcel shelf merry-go-round again. Probably twice.

Then “a French customer” will say something that makes everyone lose their shirt all over again.

And that’s without the inevitable last second VIN allocation “proving” that MORNING PEACE is carrying 4,000 RHD Model 3’s, spurring 10,000 comments on Tesla’s matching algo.
Very true

Somebody tried to convince me that because somebody on Twitter had posted a spreadsheet it meant we’d be getting new Model S cars next quarter too. I have that at similar odds to FSD doing Lands End to John O’Groats this year.

I think someone mentioned an Australia video of a MYLR without parcel shelf, yet Australia aren’t getting LR at the moment so the car was probably as indicative as the left hand drive cars we had here at launch time. Nobody was surprised the steering wheel moved sides when we got deliveries.

Anyway.. can we (including me) please remember to try and keep this to shipping insight!!

Hi All
I'm still away on my 'vacance'.
I'm currently nursing a hangover that would kill an ID3 driver.
Despite that, I'm looking forward to repeat the process again this evening.

THEBEN will arrive in Zeebrugge tomorrow. She may have some RHD for Ireland onboard but most will be LHD for mainland Europe.

RCC EUROPE She will arrive in Southampton on 17 June. I know the port schedule has her arriving on the 16th but I can't see her making that. I'm expecting her to unload completely here. The results of the RCC EUROPE competition will be announced in about 30 mins or so, soon after 12:00 UTC.

HORIZON LEADER will arrive in Koper on 18 Jun. Again this will be a full unload. She should navigate the Suez Canal tomorrow.

MORNING PEACE I'm now persuaded that she is carrying Teslas onboard, although I think she may have other types onboard too. She is heading initially to Barcelona on 23 Jun. There have been many rumours about Tesla using Barcelona sometime in the future and it looks like the future is 23 Jun. She then heads to Southampton on 29 Jun and Zeebrugge 01 Jul. Clearly many UK deliveries and all the Zeebrugge cars will spill over to Q3 - this is not a deliberate Tesla policy but a result of MORNING PEACE suffering a breakdown just after departing Shanghai necessitating a week's delay as repairs were carried out in S Korea.

I'm not expecting any more 'Tesla' ships for UK/EU to depart Shanghai until July which will mean no further deliveries until August (unless the cars arrived on the ships named above).

You can see HERE where all the above ships are currently located.

I'm heading off to another Cave de Vins for a 'tasting'. See you in Q3!

Thanks for the update!

An over spill into July would make sense with cars on Morning Peace. So far no collection or delivery dates into July have been reported on the forums so far. If they're on the ship and delivered by 30th, that would be immense and shows the quality of Tesla's logistics.

Reactions: Toblerone
Status
Not open for further replies.