Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said to Mrs S3XY over a glass of wine “Mr M is back”. Her response was, Oh, did he have a good holiday?
I had a great time thank you.
Highlights were the Verdon Gorge in France and the Furka Pass in Switzerland. I highly recommend doing these routes in a Tesla!

IMG_0802.jpg

Switzerland was awash with Teslas but a polite wave still remains in fashion.
Anyway, back to boats....

@Mr Miserable, can I nominate Paganella and Morning Clara to the list of highly suspect ships for AU/NZ. VINs are being allocated, including the first model Y customer deliveries to AU & NZ after orders were opened just a few weeks ago, and NZ EDD ranges from 4 Aug to late Aug are in the wild. No EDD noise in AU just yet.

For the other readers, the significance of this is that it likely means Shanghai is currently configured for and building RHD Ys and 3s, with CCS ports.
That does sound good.
PAGANELLA should depart Shanghai on 06 Jul and head to NZ after a stop in S Korea.
MORNING CLARA should depart for Australia on 08 Jul.

I had a great time thank you.
Highlights were the Verdon Gorge in France and the Furka Pass in Switzerland. I highly recommend doing these routes in a Tesla!

View attachment 823195

Switzerland was awash with Teslas but a polite wave still remains in fashion.
Anyway, back to boats....
Mrs S3XY is so pleased and says, “can we go there in VaDA too”? Perhaps, but let’s focus on boats for now.

Reactions: ean36t
Yes you are right. 'Eier' means Owner. And weight is 2144 kg!
View attachment 823232
Well that sounds promising for possible sales unless of course they have been imported for testing internally.
not sure how registration procedure goes for prototypes etc as other makers probably use norway for cold weather testing but it is July now so who knows.
.look forward to somebody joining the dots.
Not sure what weight difference is vs standard car.
maybe prototype testing 4680 batteries although Sandy Munroe does not believe 4680 are the best batteries for power.see his latest youtube video re batteries.
I note he has got a 4680 ex Texas to teardown over next few weeks.

Higher Vin indicates newer car, gives indication if they've been shipped from Fremont, to assist in knowing if shipping is recent... On topic 😁
They are only produced in Fremont.
They certainly weren't shipped from Pier 80 and so I reckon they were moved by rail to the east coast and shipped from Newark or Philly.
I'm still digging...

01 Jul 22 Daily Update.

So Q3 is now underway...

MORNING PEACE has now arrived in Zeebrugge. I'm not sure she will have many, if any, Teslas left onboard after unloading stops in Barcelona and Southampton. She also spent a long time loading in Southampton's Eastern Docks which makes me think her Tesla work was completed in Southampton.

Over in Shanghai the GF is now closed until 05 Jul and Model Y production will not restart until 18 Jul at which point Model 3 production will cease until 06 Aug. As a result of all this reconfiguring production should be able to increase to around 2000 MY and 1100 M3 daily.

Nevertheless it seems that Australia is finally preparing to receive a shipment of MY. MORNING CLARA which departs on 10 Jul would have previously been the likely vessel for them however GRAND MARK is also heading to BNE, PK and MEL.
There are a suprisingly high number of RoRo services scheduled to run from Shanghai to Australia over the coming weeks. It would be good to learn the Australian EDDs to nail down the possible ships. PAGANELLA remains the most likely ship for NZ.

MORNING CHORUS is almost certainly a Tesla charter and she will depart on 16 Jul and arrive in Southampton on 11 Aug and Zeebrugge on 14 Aug. I'm struggling to find any likely departures before this one and so she could be the 1st ship of Q3 to UK/EU however it's still early days!

Otherwise I'm keeping an eye on GLOVIS SUMMIT which should arrive in Shanghai around 13 Jul. She will be heading to Europe but whether it will be with Teslas onboard remains to be seen.

01 Jul 22 Daily Update.

So Q3 is now underway...

MORNING CHORUS is almost certainly a Tesla charter and she will depart on 16 Jul and arrive in Southampton on 11 Aug and Zeebrugge on 14 Aug. I'm struggling to find any likely departures before this one and so she could be the 1st ship of Q3 to UK/EU however it's still early days!

Otherwise I'm keeping an eye on GLOVIS SUMMIT which should arrive in Shanghai around 13 Jul. She will be heading to Europe but whether it will be with Teslas onboard remains to be seen.
Welcome back!

I assume as these 2 are scheduled to depart before the 18th where production of Ys will resume, if they are indeed Tesla ships, they would only carry TM3s, then?

01 Jul 22 Daily Update.

So Q3 is now underway...

MORNING PEACE has now arrived in Zeebrugge. I'm not sure she will have many, if any, Teslas left onboard after unloading stops in Barcelona and Southampton. She also spent a long time loading in Southampton's Eastern Docks which makes me think her Tesla work was completed in Southampton.

Over in Shanghai the GF is now closed until 05 Jul and Model Y production will not restart until 18 Jul at which point Model 3 production will cease until 06 Aug. As a result of all this reconfiguring production should be able to increase to around 2000 MY and 1100 M3 daily.

Nevertheless it seems that Australia is finally preparing to receive a shipment of MY. MORNING CLARA which departs on 10 Jul would have previously been the likely vessel for them however GRAND MARK is also heading to BNE, PK and MEL.
There are a suprisingly high number of RoRo services scheduled to run from Shanghai to Australia over the coming weeks. It would be good to learn the Australian EDDs to nail down the possible ships. PAGANELLA remains the most likely ship for NZ.

Mr M does that mean that MY is unlikely to have any shipped to uk until late august/ early September if production won’t start until 18th or do you anticipate some to have been produced before shutdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.