Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My SR+ also has delivery date of 11-23 August in Germany. I called Tesla today to see if this is realistic and they confirmed it is likely to be ready for pick up week beginning 22nd. Given that other people waiting on SR+ have seen delays of 1-2 weeks since Glovis Summit confirmed a stop in Southampton, I guess that means mine is on morning chorus.
When will Gloves Summit/Morning Chorus realistically be in Zeebrugge then? ETA Southampton is 15/16th August, then unloading, and ETA Zeebrugge 17/18th August? Unloading and loading, and for us Norwegians ETA Drammen is 22th of August?

• Disagree
Reactions: James7C2
I ordered MYLR Red 20 during first week of May in Dubai and originally the EDD was Oct. Then it changed to Nov-Jan period and now it back to 13Sep - 30Sep Time range. I have only received for a call fro TA last week asking confirmation on my order and as per him, VIN will be assigned in 1-2 weeks. Based on your experience should I expect delivery to be within given timeframe?
Also any idea which ship might be carrying this and will it be from Germany or China?
I would expect you will have delivery by the end of Sep.
There are quite a few ships that will head to Jebel Ali from Shanghai and so spotting the ship your car is likely to be on may be tricky.
Just keep your eye on this thread and if I see anything I will post about it.

Hello Mr Miserable, appologies if already asked, but yesterday in the UK we saw a flurry of vins encoded through the source code for March/Early April Y orders in the UK originating from GLOVIS Champion. But today radio silence so we are unsure if all the cars are allocated for now. If so how many more Ships can we expect to land in the UK for this quarters allocation please? Can we guestimate Glovis Companion as heading to the U.K. please? many thanks and sorry if this has been asked, i am a bit lost.

Last edited:
Hello Mr Miserable, appologies if already asked, but yesterday in the UK we saw a flurry of vins encoded through the source code for March/Early April Y orders in the UK originating from GLOVIS Champion. But today radio silence so we are unsure if all the cars are allocated for now. If so how many more Ships can we expect to land in the UK for this quarters allocation please? Can we guestimate Glovis Companion as heading to the U.K. please? many thanks and sorry if this has been asked, i am a bit lost.
The initial allocation is probably done. A lot of folk will not proceed with their purchase and decide to pay their gas bill instead. Those cars will be reallocated. I expect at least one more shipment and wouldn't be too surprised if they manage to squeeze in another. We have at least 4 ships that have yet to depart to EU this quarter. Current shipments (except perhaps MORNING CHORUS) will be MY heavy because the M3 production line has been closed. I expect those still waiting for M3 will be happier when the next UK shipment departs and VINs start being bandied about.

Any update on the whereabouts go Glovis Companion- i keep getting its location 2 days ago.
Thanks
In my daily report I put a link there so that you can see where the ships are at any time you like. It gets its data via satellite and so is without exception the most accurate tracking map on t'interweb. Click HERE

In my daily report I put a link there so that you can see where the ships are at any time you like. It gets its data via satellite and so is without exception the most accurate tracking map on t'interweb. Click HERE
Thanks for this - that link is super helpful.

Sorry for my ignorance here, I’m sure I read somewhere that VINs tend to get assigned once the ship is around the Suez - or is that nonsense? My forum-search-fu is struggling here…. It makes more sense to me based of the map, that vin allocation happens as the ship sails (as per the departure of GLOVIS COMPANION).

I’m only asking as I’m a little bit confused as to which ships relate to which batch of cars when there’s a flurry of VINs like yesterday! (Not that I have a vin, nor am I expecting one til Q4!)

• Disagree
Reactions: James7C2
Thanks for this - that link is super helpful.

Sorry for my ignorance here, I’m sure I read somewhere that VINs tend to get assigned once the ship is around the Suez - or is that nonsense? My forum-search-fu is struggling here…. It makes more sense to me based of the map, that vin allocation happens as the ship sails (as per the departure of GLOVIS COMPANION).

I’m only asking as I’m a little bit confused as to which ships relate to which batch of cars! (Not that I have a vin, nor am I expecting one til Q4!)

VINs did get allocated about Suez, however since Q2 that has changed and they get allocated a couple of days after setting sail (In the South China Sea).

The initial allocation is probably done. A lot of folk will not proceed with their purchase and decide to pay their gas bill instead. Those cars will be reallocated. I expect at least one more shipment and wouldn't be too surprised if they manage to squeeze in another. We have at least 4 ships that have yet to depart to EU this quarter. Current shipments (except perhaps MORNING CHORUS) will be MY heavy because the M3 production line has been closed. I expect those still waiting for M3 will be happier when the next UK shipment departs and VINs start being bandied about.
thank you, really appretiated :)

Reactions: Leo UK
Wednesday 10 Aug 22

I do sometimes wonder whether anybody actually reads this.

Anyway to the person who does, please click HERE to see a wonderful map of the world. Superimposed on it are the latest positions, updated via satellite, of confirmed Tesla ships.

Those ships are:

MORNING CHORUS ETA Southampton 15 Aug with 1,000 - 1,500 cars and ETA 18 Aug Zebrugge with 1,999 M3 and 950 MY. She is still making good progress north of Algeria. By this time tomorrow she will have passed through the Straits of Gibraltar and be in the North Atlantic. Weather is still looking fine for her although unloading in Southampton on Monday may be hampered with the occasional heavy shower.

GLOVIS SUMMIT She is also heading to Southampton with an ETA of 16 Aug . She has onboard 3,026 M3 and 853 MY for the EU and probably around 1100 or so cars for the UK. I therefore expect her to head to Zeebrugge once she has unloaded in Southampton. She is currently tanking along at over 18kts SE of Sicily.

HOEGH ST PETERSBURG is carrying 2000 MY to Zeebrugge. If you are on the continent (or possibly Ireland) and are waiting for a MY, when you discover your source code VIN enter it HERE. Do let me know if it was succesful, also let me know the 1st 3 digits of your VIN too please. ETA Zeebrugge 28 Aug. Please note that if you are in the UK your search will be unsuccessful because your car will not be onboard this ship!
She has had a couple of rough days where her speed was as low as 11kts in heavy seas however she is now entering the Gulf of Aden where she will be able to easily make up for lost time.

RCC ANTWERP is now in the Bay of Bengal and sea conditions are good. I strongly suspect she is heading to Barcelona with 4052 MY on board.

GLOVIS COMPANION is in the South China Sea and maintaining over 17kts. She's bound for Suez with what looks like a load of MY destined for the UK. I'm expecting her to arrive in Southampton around 01 Sep. Do check your Tesla accounts for a hidden VIN.

Also please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have, like how to easily check whether you have a hidden VIN, or not.

When will the next ships depart to UK and EU? I don't know but I can't see anything imminent and so I am assuming next week. As soon as I see anything of interest I will post it here.

If you have read this please humour me by clicking a 'like' or 'dislike' as you wish however be warned, I will be noting names...

Wednesday 10 Aug 22

Anyway to the person who does, please click HERE to see a wonderful map of the world. Superimposed on it are the latest positions, updated via satellite, of confirmed Tesla ships.

Those ships are:

MORNING CHORUS ETA Southampton 15 Aug with 1,000 - 1,500 cars and ETA 18 Aug Zebrugge with 1,999 M3 and 950 MY. She is still making good progress north of Algeria. By this time tomorrow she will have passed through the Straits of Gibraltar and be in the North Atlantic. Weather is still looking fine for her although unloading in Southampton on Monday may be hampered with the occasional heavy shower.

GLOVIS SUMMIT She is also heading to Southampton with an ETA of 16 Aug . She has onboard 3,026 M3 and 853 MY for the EU and probably around 1100 or so cars for the UK. I therefore expect her to head to Zeebrugge once she has unloaded in Southampton. She is currently tanking along at over 18kts SE of Sicily.

HOEGH ST PETERSBURG is carrying 2000 MY to Zeebrugge. If you are on the continent (or possibly Ireland) and are waiting for a MY, when you discover your source code VIN enter it HERE. Do let me know if it was succesful, also let me know the 1st 3 digits of your VIN too please. ETA Zeebrugge 28 Aug. Please note that if you are in the UK your search will be unsuccessful because your car will not be onboard this ship!
She has had a couple of rough days where her speed was as low as 11kts in heavy seas however she is now entering the Gulf of Aden where she will be able to easily make up for lost time.

RCC ANTWERP is now in the Bay of Bengal and sea conditions are good. I strongly suspect she is heading to Barcelona with 4052 MY on board.

GLOVIS COMPANION is in the South China Sea and maintaining over 17kts. She's bound for Suez with what looks like a load of MY destined for the UK. I'm expecting her to arrive in Southampton around 01 Sep. Do check your Tesla accounts for a hidden VIN.

Also please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have, like how to easily check whether you have a hidden VIN, or not.

When will the next ships depart to UK and EU? I don't know but I can't see anything imminent and so I am assuming next week. As soon as I see anything of interest I will post it here.

If you have read this please humour me by clicking a 'like' or 'dislike' as you wish however be warned, I will be noting names...
Thank you for the update as always. I can imagine it gets annoying with the repetitive questions that are answered with a quick search of the thread.

Just to be on the safe side, I’ve opted for the Like rather than Dislike, with your ability I wouldn’t be surprised if you could track me back to my house…

Wednesday 10 Aug 22

Those ships are:

I ordered my white/black 19" MYLR mid March. I have Est. Delivery: August 23 - September 30, no VIN yet. Hence I don't think my car is on any of the ships being followed now. My only hope for getting the car to Zeebrugge in Q3 is Glovis Captain. So when she appears on the map, I will be glued to the screen and follow each and every update from you! :D

Reactions: Edward Mango
Thank you as always MR M. This forum is my only insight into my MY order (Salary sacrifice) ordered / RN received 12th April 22. MY black, black, 20”. Based on the flurry of vin activity yesterday in relation to Glovis Companion am I likely to have a veh on this ship? Closest date I’ve seen for vin allocation is 10th April on this forum but nothing beyond. (I know it doesn’t necessarily work that way with vin allocation)

Wednesday 10 Aug 22

Those ships are:

I wanted to give you a 'like' as I read all of your posts, I find them very useful and informative, but unfortunately I'm unable to 'like' (I assume as I haven't posted before)

To try and break the cycle of people asking questions about their own orders rather than contributing information that aids shipping insight I’ve temporarily locked the thread until tomorrow. Mr M has posted a daily update with lots of info on the current status and where to find more info.

Mr M, feel free to message me if you want it opening sooner

Update: open again

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.