Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday 12 Aug 22

Click HERE to see a wonderful map of the world. Superimposed on it are the latest positions, updated via satellite, of confirmed Tesla ships.

Those ships are:

MORNING CHORUS ETA Southampton on Monday 15 Aug with 1,000 - 1,500 cars and ETA 18 Aug Zebrugge with 1,999 M3 and 950 MY. She is presently making good progress up the coast of Portugal in particularly calm seas. Weather is fine all the way to Southampton.

GLOVIS SUMMIT She is also heading to Southampton with an ETA of Tuesday 16 Aug and then on to Zeebrugge ETA Wednesday 17 Aug. Note that she will arrive in Zeebrugge before MORNING CHORUS. She has onboard 3,026 M3 and 853 MY for the EU and probably around 1100 or so cars for the UK. For all those M3 people who are complaining, please note the mix of these two ships - very heavy M3. Anyway she will transit the Straits of Gibraltar tonight and head into a smooth North Atlantic tomorrow.

HOEGH ST PETERSBURG is carrying 2000 MY to Zeebrugge. If you are on the continent (or possibly Ireland) and are waiting for a MY, when you discover your source code VIN enter it HERE. Do let me know if it was succesful, also let me know the 1st 3 digits of your VIN too please. ETA Zeebrugge 28 Aug. Please note that if you are in the UK your search will be unsuccessful because your car will not be onboard this ship!
She is now in the Red Sea making her way up towards the Suez Canal.

RCC ANTWERP is just passing the southern tip of India and entering the Arabian Sea. The seas are going to get progressively rougher as she heads west into the strong south westerly Monsoon feeding a Tropical Cyclone that has formed to the north. She is due to arrive in Koper on 23 Aug with 4052 MY on board. Whether this will be her only stop we don't yet know.

GLOVIS COMPANION has now almost completed her transit of the Straits of Malacca. She's making excellent time despite frequent torrential rain showers. She's bound for Suez with what looks like a load of MY destined for the UK. I'm expecting her to arrive in Southampton around 01 Sep. Do check your Tesla accounts for a hidden VIN.

Don't forget the GLOVIS COMPANION competition! Click HERE to enter.

ASIAN VISION is currently alongside in Shanghai South and loading for Australia. I estimate she will arrive at Port Kembla around 25 Aug. It looks very much like this is a part charter in association with Hyundai since she also loaded in Pyeongtaek. Looking at the Troy Teslike production forecast for ROW production from Shanghai in Q3 this may not be the last ship to Oz in Q3.

It seems like Tesla have been a bit eager in dishing out VINs on GLOVIS COMPANION and some folk are being advised that their VIN and registration details are incorrect and more importantly their EDD are TBC. It could be because some cars were not loaded onboard. I can't imagine the numbers will be large and I expect that the number of sales that fall through at the 11th hour will ensure that all those that have been disappointed will be taken care of.
The news that a planned UK shipment in Q3 may have been cancelled is disappointing however I would be surprised if we don't see at least one more ship depart to the UK in Q3, if only to bring the cars left on the quayside by GLOVIS COMPANION!

Please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have, like the easiest method to check whether you have a hidden VIN, or not.

Last edited:
Technically it’s digit 11 that tells you the factory, C for China, B for Berlin. I’d agree it’s probably Berlin if it starts XP7, but factories like Fremont make cars with VINs starting with both 5YJ and 7SA (ie same factory, different starts).
In my case first 11 digits are XP7YGCEK7NB.. so it is Germany made LR

GLOVIS SUNRISE en route to Shanghai ETA 16th. According to the itinerary it arrives in Southampton on the 23rd September Ties in with my EDD?

Could this be one to watch?

23rd Sep is the voyage following the current one. If, big if, she comes to the UK with Teslas, it will be before the 20th September, about 15-19th September.

Details here - 2022 Shipping Movements

This is what I received 2days ago. The EDD was TBD, than changed to Oct-Dec and a day later to September. It's a LHD M3 with white interior. Hungarian order. So where it might be. Maybe at Shanghai port!?
Screenshot_20220811-164334_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: EniPort
Hi Guys so I found a hidden VIN number and it's LRW so Shanghai but when I use the Tesla Vin Encoder I get to digit 8 and then I have an RX which is not an option so the Vin is LRW3F7FRXNC******

My EDD is 2nd to 16th Sep and it's a model 3 RHD. I tried to use the Tracker with the Vin but no ship came up and I was not given confirmed delivery dates or a VIN (found VIN in code).

Anyone else have a strange VIN like mine ? I double check I didn't make a mistake with the VIN.

Reactions: Edward Mango
Status
Not open for further replies.